Closed Thread
Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They used to make you re fill out alllll the forms again after the baby was born even if you had pre applied. Now it's just the last page which says the baby was born and is certified by the hospital.

DH helped fill out my forms when I was working and delirious at night. Couldn't look at them now though. Brain has checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would recommend doing the PPL lodgement online, heaps easier. Probably only took 15 minutes and received written confirmation a few days later that lodgement was all in order and it also tells you online. When bub is born all I need to do is take proof to medicare. Apparently you get this proof document when you are in hospital. Will check out the app lotsathought.

I was so excited this morning, I managed to fit into a pair of jeans with the button undone and fly down. Should have tried sitting down in them too. Not so comfortable now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

ann17  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow October I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear how you go and of course all about bubs. It's so funny how people get fixated on the measurements of babies. Me included!

Sounds like progress Vertias but I understand how frustrated you must feel.

Ngaiz happy to share my experience. In the end similar to you no protein in my urine but swelling, BP and nausea. So those risk factors were enough for my ob to induce. The only test that indicated PE potential issues was my BP. Everything else was fine in tests. Plus I had the platelet issue. Is your dr reluctant to progress without conclusive proof?

Thanks for the info lots on the govt payments. I got a pack of forms that need to be filed with the govt and there is info about the payments. Of course I have to do last years tax first...oops!

Tried to upload a photo of baby Lucas but iPad not cooperating with bubhub. And some personal happiness think my milk has just come in! Thank goodness- maybe this bf caper will get a little easier. We are also running some tests as Lucas is looking a little jaundiced so might have to stay another day at the hospital if so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck for today October and thanks rtkirk on sharing your experience always good to hear never TMI.

I did my PPL online like ABH and it only took 15mins and got a pre approval letter in the mail two days later so was quite simple. I do the payroll at work too so have set it up with the employer too (i'll be first in the company to get pregnant only me and another woman work here and 27 men!)...It was straight forward how it works once you provide proof of baby been born centrelink will start the process rolling they pay the funding to your employer in advance and you get paid in your normal pay cycle if weekly you will receive weekly etc first pay will be more because you'll have a back dated payment.

Well I am back to been tired again, I have booked a days holiday tomorrow which means a 4 day week this week and next then a 3 day week which will take me upto 34weeks, I am going to cut my hours at work then if possible or get my OB so write a letter signing me off on shorter days. Anyone else feeling the tiredness again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats rtkirk so happy you & your little man are doing well.

Best of luck today October. Grins.

Hope your sweep works Veritas

Sorry ladies but struggle to read posts lately as busy in the day then at night so many to get through I try and realise laer i fell asleep and never replied so next day I have the posts from day before and the new ones and I seem to be getting further behind & posting little!

Saw OB yesterday he's very happy bub was head straight down but just keeps moving but pretty much head down bum at belly button and feet everywhere. Bp was fine & bubs HR good too. OB guesstimated birth weight at this stage @ due date around 8lb mmmm not a small bub!

Hubby has been putting hands on belly heaps now as he loves feeling him move. Reckons for him first time he felt bubs movement was when he started to really feel like a dad, where I heard for some guys it's when they first see / hold their baby. So anyway he's loving it.
    Last edited by Jay11; 10-04-2014 at 14:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have GD!!!! Yay!! Such a relief.

Jay- my baby is in the same position as yours. I guess that's why I'm feeling some pressure on my bladder. That's sweet that your DH said that. It's so nice seeing hubby's face light up when he finally feels a kick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Riss that's good news!!

Jay-DH says it felt real to him from the moment he heard that little thumping heartbeat. As for me, it still doesn't feel real, despite feeling it grow inside me. To be honest, I am a bit concerned at how I'm going to deal with the emotions and change seeing as I still haven't really accepted it. I distanced myself from the reality just in case and look where it has got me, I still can't believe I will have a baby in 19 days!!
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 10-04-2014 at 20:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we're back in hospital - Annabel has lost around 500g since birth 2 weeks ago so she's been admitted (with me as a boarder) to get on top of the problem.

Fingers crossed at this stage they're thinking it's simply a supply issue, so we're trying a 50ml formula top up after a breastfeed, with me expressing as well to try to bulk her up and increase my supply. I'll probably also be getting some medication to help increase milk production.

There's been some tears today, didn't think I'd see my child in hospital so soon, but I'm glad something is being done and they're not just taking it at face value when I've said I *think* breastfeeding is going well (I'm a first time mum, how do I know for sure?).

I feel terrible that she's lost a significant amount of weight because she seems satisfied after a feed and is generally a contented baby - she isn't overly sleepy and doesn't cry like she's starved - she only cries when she wants something and as soon as it happens she stops instantly. Really hoping it will be a couple of days max and then we can go home.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    To answer a few questions that have come up:

They shaved off just a couple of centimetres in prep for c-section. 2 weeks later I'm not feeling any itchiness with regrowth.

I had to fast from 7am for surgery prep starting at 2:30pm. With all the nervousness and excitement I didn't feel hungry at all in that time. I had 2 bags of IV fluids and didn't actually eat until about 7pm that night.

I was allowed to keep the nail polish on my toes but had to remove all jewellery.

I was keen to do whatever was necessary to avoid a c-section - even wrote it on a draft birth plan! Without having an option though I had to forget about myself and just concentrate on what was best for bub. You could consider me one of the most anti-c people around, but honestly it was such a non-issue once Annabel was in my arms! I've been lucky to have a very easy recovery from the surgery, but I really don't feel I've missed out on anything by not having a vaginal birth either.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (11-04-2014),JJTiger  (11-04-2014),Ngaiz  (10-04-2014),Team panda  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Our gorgeous BOY arrived this afternoon. All went ok although he had to spend some time in special care due to fluid on his lungs. All ok now. However he only wants to sleep when mummy is holding him.

I did not enjoy the c-sect at all, and am a bit concerned that nearly 6 hours later my bum is pretty much still numb with no feeling in some parts. My feet have regained movement but still not quite normal sensation. The midwife seems a little concerned and I am worried. I hope there is no complication. I still have IV, catheter, and drain plus have leg things hooked up to machine to stop dvts so pretty immobile. Very hard to move while holding bub as well.

Definitely happy and excited but not happy that the worry is still continuing. Just wish i felt a bit more normal! Will write mors later.