Closed Thread
Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rtkirk- I must have been suffering from extreme baby brain because I didn't congratulate you!!! Welcome baby Lucas!! Xx

JJ- having a csection wasn't on the top of my list too but now as long as baby is out safe then I'm happy.

Bedlover- that type of labour would have been awful. Thankfully you didn't have to experience it. I caught the end of one born every minute the other day and they had to use forceps to deliver and I just couldn't watch it. It was disturbing.

Team panda- you might want to try inner health plus as well. I have been taking 2 a day just to keep thrush away.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (10-04-2014),Team panda  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Rtkirk on the arrival of baby Lucas!!! Such exciting news. Thanks also for sharing how it all went. Take good care and enjoy this magical time.

October - best of luck for tomorrow..will be thinking of you!

Lotsa and Veritas - sounds like you two will be the next ones to be holding your precious treasures! Hope things start gearing up for you Veritas after the stretch and sweep.

Sorry to hear about those with thrush. I've had it on and off througout my pregnancy...so annoying! Have just used canestan externally and changed liners regularly to keep things dry down there.

Saw my midwife today and bub has rotated slightly (no longer back to back) and has its back running along my left side. The yoga & swimming, plus sitting forward on the swiss ball is working!!!
    Other than that I've started using the epi-no this week and find its helping to stretch things down there and give me an idea of what its going to feel like during labour. Also started writing my 'birth intentions'.
    Oh and for the past week have been inserting 1000mg of evening primrose oil every night before bed to soften the cervix (midwife recommended it).

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

ann17  (10-04-2014),JJTiger  (10-04-2014),rtkirk  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those preparing for a c-section I came across an information booklet about making informed choices which may be useful... you can find it on this website:
    http://www.birthrites.org/

From separate reading I also came across info about single and double uterine closure sutures which may be also something to also think about..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

ann17  (10-04-2014),JJTiger  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Verities I hope that gets things going for you.

Lmm-not much longer for you either.

Panda-take Riss' advice and start a couple of inner health daily. You can use the internal thrush treatment (3 & 6 days seem more effective than the single cream treatment, you can't use the pessaries though) but only insert the applicator a tiny bit (less than half) then use your finger to spread it around inside as well as using it externally. Of course, you're not go go gadget.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 10-04-2014 at 07:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz thanks. I'm lying in bed at the moment trying not to scratch, grrr, so annoying. I'm going to get up and go to chemist wharehouse shortly. Don't need to put up with this.
    so hungry, I think the day of c section I'm going to get up at 3 am and have a final snack, otherwise how will I get through the next morning. But then there's always the worry with me of not being able to get back to sleep due to the excitement.
    Orchid thanks for that, tried opening it but wouldn't open. Will try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck October!!! So excited to find out what it's going to be!

We too don't know the sex of bubs and it's getting very exciting at this point.

Veritas, I hope the sweep works for you. May go down that path on Monday with the midwife. Lots of people have said it's not very comfortable.

Nothing really happening here. Just a dull sensation around my lower abdomen and back. I'm 39 weeks today . I've had lots of people check to see if anything has happened yet. Anyone else had lots of that.

Thanks for the tmi, I agree, good to have this info x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only person hassling me Lots is my mum. She knows I may need CS and is hounding me for the date which I keep saying hasn't been decided yet. Also, we think we have a name now but aren't telling anyone just in case we change our minds, so she's going on about having a nameless baby. I get dozens of msgs from her every day now that I'm home.

Rtkirk-can I ask about PE. My dr is getting concerned as my BP was 147/88 yesterday, with abdomen pain, headaches, swelling snd nausea. But, all my urine/bloods come back fine. If you don't mind me asking, at what stage did anything show up on your pathology results.

I'm so bored :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ngaiz, that sounds quite frustrating. I would almost turn my phone off for periods of the day as I hate being hounded. I haven't told my parents the names we have chosen, in my opinion they can find out when the baby is born.
    You do what you like, you shouldn't have to answer to anyone.
    Sorry, I'm very protective of pregnant ladies at the moment

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone getting paid parental leave from the government?

So it's taken me about 9 phone calls and one visit to a centrelink, but I think it's all set up. So DH and I have pre approval for the money. And I've found out that if you have the centrelink express families plus app you just need to take a photo of the last page of the documents you get in hospital, put it in th "vault" on the app and that notifies centrelink of the birth and therefore the payments can start. It saves sending it in. Plus by notifying using my app it actually carries over onto DH's file so it's done in one go.

Anyway, I thought that sounded really easy. The hard part was getting "level 3" access to use the app. All you need to do is go in and take proof if identity. Well that's where I got the run around. So yesterday we finally got our passwords and set it up on our phones.

Now all that needs to happen is for it to work!
    Will let you know if it does

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

ann17  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't even looked at the 35 pages of PPL forms!! It's too daunting right now, haha.

Mater ladies, you get one bag of nappies which are the Mater brand. We sell them at work and have had terrible feedback as they don't have "double leak protection" so make sure you take some of your own just in case.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (10-04-2014)