Closed Thread
Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Big congrats on arrival rtkirk :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations rtkirk been waiting for the news hope all went well, love the name

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rtkirk congratulations! And welcome baby Lucas! Well done ! Take it easy and take care of yourselves !

Octbaby you are lucky that there will take bubs so you can rest after csection. Thanks for reminding us of fasting! Which hosp you with?

Ngaiz you with Mater right? Do you know how long we need to fast for before a c? Didnt think about staffing levels at night! I still don't know my time yet. I guess mornings good so as to not get worked up and anxious waiting on the other hand arvos good you get an extra night, although not sure if want an extra night if no nursery might as well go back to comfort of home - well services apt in my case! Btw painting toenails at this stage is a big win! DH has been clipping mine ! Go for a pedi next week and waxing.

39 weeks yippee Lotsa! Hope you don't have to hang around much longer!

ladies does anyone know- do we get shaved down there for c preparation and if we do how much?!! DH kindly informed me! OMG itchy ! Lot of your bodies are now getting ready!! Looks like we will be having more announcements soon !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats rtkirk on the birth your your baby BOY!! So exciting to see a boy on our birth list and a beautiful name. I hope your little family is doing well, sending lots of love. x

Ngaiz! That's exciting! Sounds like your body is preparing for something too! I had one strong cramp that took my breath away too and another light one. Now it is kinda just a dull feeling with some shoots of needle type sensations every now and then.

Veritas...I agree with the ladies. We're all cheering you along and hoping that something is happening for you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann I was thinking the same thing re shaving down there. DH reassured me they will be removing the top where they do the incisions. But I'm also getting itchy so I did a bit of DIY this morning, even though I couldn't see what I was doing! Anyway I'll ask obstetrician when I see him today. It's the itching which I find the most irritating.
    also was thinking about painting toe nails but then remembered that sometimes they don't like you coming in with painted nails. Apparently sometimes the epidural doesn't work and they have to give you a general. Really don't know how common this is, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay, congratulations rtkirk!!! I hope things are going well xx

Ann I'm not too sure if it differs from other surgeries but a general rule is fasting from 10pm for a morning procedure and 7am for an afternoon one.

As for shaving, they do shave a little off the top where the incision is made. I'm a Waxer and I'm due for my next wax the week before im booked on which works out great because they don't like you to wax within 5 days prior to c-section.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 09-04-2014 at 13:16.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arrivals Roll Call

24/03/2014-Amps Erin Lilly Maree
    25/03/2014- Kerikiwi Tia Ripeka
    27/03/2014- Arlais Annabel Violet
    07/04/2014- rtkirk Lucas Charles
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 09-04-2014 at 19:35.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Kittybee  (09-04-2014),lotsathoughts  (09-04-2014),rtkirk  (09-04-2014),Spidery  (09-04-2014),Team panda  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Rtkirk... So happy to hear all is well.. Love the name and enjoy every moment

Sounds like we have a bit if movement with Ngaiz and lots... How exciting!!

All the best this arvo at your appointment Veritas..

Painting your toe nails at this point Ngaiz is a huge accomplishment!! I'm booking in for a pedi the week I'm due.. But I'm thinking now if I do have a c section that they might not want me to have nail polish on???

Every morning I'm getting lots of period pain cramps and then they go.. Hopefully my big one is getting into position!!

Happy hump day everyone x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (09-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most hospitals provide nail Polish remover so I'm not too worried. I think it's because they use the nail bed as an indicator for oxygen in the blood during surgery???.. My feet are hideous right now, puffy and dry because the only footwear I can fit is my jandals. They are in desperate need of attention.

Jj-All of my action is in the morning too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Rtkirk and the first little boy.

Ann the information I was given by OB says fasting for 6 hours before c section. Glad mine is first thing, I feel quite sick when I don't eat. But I will ask my OB closer to the time, was also going to ask her about the shaving. Would really loved to get a wax, but have never had it done before.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (09-04-2014)