Closed Thread
Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy Due date Veritas man I hope I'm overdue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb - I didn't have a registry but almost everyone asked me if I did and were disappointed when I didn't.. Sounds like it might be the go..

Arlais 4.5 hours sleep is great! Your DH was great to take her away so you could get more rest..

Well I had my 36 week scan today.. Bubs is doing perfectly although wouldn't pose for a photo, so didn't get a good one.. It's pretty squishy in there these days I guess.. It's no longer posterior.. It's facing my left hip, so maybe it's turning?? It's in the 90th percentile and weighs approx 3.4kgs already, OMG! I've put on 15kgs so far but not stressing about my weight.. I'm normally a size 10-12 and pretty healthy and fit..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (07-04-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's a decent sized bub you have there JJ. I'm expecting ours to be around the 4kg mark like DD was.

Next appt is Wednesday, and hopefully last!!! She will do a vaginal exam for the first time then so hopefully all looks good or we will be booking in a cs.

Nirok - lovely to hear. We didn't do the hospital classes, but the two midwives I've met through the obs clinic were absolutely gorgeous. Wonder if it was one of them :-)

Arlais - great sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Exciting times rtkirk, I hope things are progressing well and that bub is here soon.

Jb-I didn't have a baby shower but if I did I would have gone with the book idea too.

Arlais-4.5hr is great!!

Veritas-I hope your turn is not far away.

Jj-I recall reading somewhere a slight turn to the left hip is preferred but could be wrong. Definately moving in the right direction though.

First day of mat leave today and it felt very strange to not get up in my usual routine. Got so much done though!!
    I think bub is trying to turn head down as I often feel the head on my right side lower down near my belly button line but then it thrashes around and the head is back up top

Once again, thank you Keri, Amps and Arlais for sharing your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB you're more than welcome - I was doing the same with the group ahead of us too for some insight into those next few months ahead. I can't wait til your twins get here!

I think there's nothing wrong with a registry as long as you select a variety of things that people can choose from according to their budget. People only really have an issue when you just put ridiculously expensive items on there and nothing in a lower price range. It's really useful for when you have no idea what someone needs or wants for bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for today Rtkirk, can't wait to hear your news when you are feeling up to it! Hopefully your little one isn't too far away now Veritas!

So nice to hear that the midwives are lovely at our hospital Nirok and Veritas, my classes are only a month away!

Lovely to hear that Annabel is going well Arlais and so nice of her and your DH to give mummy some sleep!

Nice to hear from you JB. I've already had my baby shower and a couple of people asked me if I had a registry too, which I didn't as I didn't know if it was rude. To be honest, so many people asked what I wanted and genuinely wanted suggestions, I also told mum some ideas to pass onto family and her friends. That seemed to work well. I know of another lady who recently had a registry for her shower and had around 30 guests and said only 4 people used the registry but she still got some great pressies! I found quite a few people were open to the idea of giving me gift vouchers as they knew I was organised so maybe it will be the same for you since you are having surprises, it might be an easier option so you can get what you need once they arrive. I would strongly suggest making a list of things you need so that way if you don't register, you have answers prepared when people ask you what you want. Let us know if you want any suggestions of what to include in your list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies for the tips and stories of the birth and recovery of you babies.

Annerley you asked about my GTT results I don't have GD which is great but I my thyroxine was increased from 150mg to 200mg as I had a total thyroidectomy 10 years ago. By the way happy 29 weeks to us. :-)

Good luck for today rtkirk

Vertias hope your turn comes soon

happy Monday everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought some of you may find this useful. Budget Direct are offering road side assistance (4 callouts per year) @ $69.95. Thought this might be useful for some of us sleep deprived mums and mums to be. There is no joining fee and you don't have to have existing car insurance with Budget Direct.

All the best to Rtkirk and Vertias.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas no news yet? I keep hopping on to see if we have any new baby news? Sounds like your body is getting ready though. Just a waiting game now, isn't it?
    Rtkirk how are you? Hope all went well.
    Jb sorry I didn't have a baby shower. One word of advice on the invite you either put one thing or another. I went to a baby shower a couple of weeks ago and they had put on the invite no gifts necessary but also put a gift registry and a few people critiqued this. I guess it's a little confusing. Put down a gift registry but as the others said make sure there are a range of prices. Some people won't want to spend a lot. I went to one in dec and there was hardly anything left at an economical price so I went out and bought my own things. I hear sometimes people get annoyed when you do that. I hope not.
    Arlais sounds like a wonderful beginning to your new life as a mum. Lucky you that you have a partner who is so wonderful. I hope my DH does the same!
    October and Lotsa aren't you both next as well?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (08-04-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    keep checking to see if we have any new arrivals yet...hope your doing well Rtkirk and your birth went well. Any news yet Veritas??

Ngaiz how is your second day of Mat leave going? not long now till your bub arrives.

ABH - think I will have a look into budget direct road side assistance I don't think I would want to get stranded with a baby and don't think my existing insurance covers it.

I don't have any advise on baby showers, I am having mine on 3rd of May but really wish I wasn't having one because I'm not good with been center of attention, I put on my invites gifts were not necessary but if people wanted to buy then gift vouchers, but to be honest I struggled with the wording and hope I don't offend or get critiqued because I am actually not wanting a shower for the gifts just to celebrate been finally pregnant and my baby boy nearly been with us with my friends and family.

Had a OB appointment this morning everything is going well he's really happy my growth scan's been moved from 34wks to 38wks and a decision will be made then if I need a C-Section or not, with his head measuring bigger than average and me been only 4ft 11inchs I could have a difficult natural labor so only 7 weeks remaining now till I find out!!!!