Closed Thread
Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due Apr/May/Jun 2014 #5

Well I got the books incorrect which I borrowed its the contented baby and contented toddler by Gina Ford.

Happy Friday everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't want to sound like too much of a druggo (!) but if you are offered Endone to take home - take it!! It is REALLY strong and very handy to have in the back of the medicine cabinet!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol Bedlover! I'll do that!
    I'm a bit worried all these drugs will make me vomit. I know I'll be ok in hospy because they give you anti nausea drugs but can u take stuff at home. Panadeine forte makes me vomit I think endone would too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a fan of taking pain meds even for my chronic knee & shoulder pain conditions. After my shoulder op I told them I didn't want the pain meds drip.i just had panedine forte as new if I let them give me a drip is have to stay longer to make sure I was weened off. I know there are benefits to hitting pain before it gets too bad but I am still hoping to avoid pain meds stronger then forte.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trust me I will - unashamedly ! They have given me endone after epu . Unfort my recovery rate is pretty slow - took me 2 weeks to recover after lap!! So a c section....mmmmm! Some ladies truly are lucky and bounce back fairly quickly.

Just curious girls I know most of you - if not all - will be bf but will you be packing a small tin of formula for just incase scenario? But iam pretty sure hosp wld definitely be having it available. Because I will be ff I will take it with me. Unfort not being able to bf does make me sad . With ds/dd hosp gave all the ready made formula in disposable bottles with teats, it came in packs of 6 and gave me two take home packs with lots of teats. They also provided all the diapers and gave a pack for home along with the most gorgeous diaper bag! Provided all the maternity pads along with disposable undies (very useful!) and to take home along with those disposable big square liners they put under your bum for blood leaks ! And blanket, beanie and a "My life began at Standford" newborn tshirt! Which I still have. It did make you feel special leaving hosp with a newborn and a bag of goodies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were all different with pain. I guess having chronic pain helped with my pain management after my 3x endometriosis removal, cin3 cervix, 5x epu's and shoulder ops to not take pain meds after plus wanting to get pregnant is another reason I have avoided pain management & knowing I'd have to take strong drugs to get any effect has helped me resist. Another reason I want natural labour if I can with no epidural.
    So if your not used to pain it would've very hard to block it or deal with it without strong pain meds!

Don't think any of the hospitals I've heard of here do that Ann not these days. We get a supply of nappies in hospital total 36 and donor breast milk can be provided if you wanting to bf bub no milk or having problems so they probably supply some formula too whilst there. They do tell you to bring small quantity of nappies for home trip so not expecting a goodies bag!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Jay I know, no goodie bag but the best first prize of a newborn - I' ll take that! It's like the midwife said to me, its going to be a new experience all over again !

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my hospital, if you want to formula feed you are told to bring everything you will need with you. Having said that, I was offered formula one night when DS wouldn't settle so I guess they have a stash. I know all baby's nappies, wipes, maternity pads etc are provided while you are in hospital but we didn't get any goodies to take home except baby

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (04-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann grins I can't wait time has flown but still a little way to go but next month our bubs are due how exciting. Just think in 4weeks/a month our hubs are technically full term wow!
    How'd you go with jet lag when you got back? When do you return to Aus again? I think your amazing how you can be flying back & forth during pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Ann, that goody bag sounds awesome. We just get nappies and wipes while at hospital. We need to bring our own maternity pads, tissues and all clothes for baby. At the hospital where DS was born they gave you cute little gowns for the baby. They also had a supply of formula as I needed to supplement BFs as DS was jaundiced. I would say most hospitals would have a supply on hand.
    Feeling so exhausted now and belly is so tight! Am hoping acupuncture will help bub decide it's time to meet us! Even the smallest chore wears me out and I need a rest afterwards.