+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Conceiving fraternal twins whilst on the pill - what are the odds?

I have a very good friend who has been on the pill for a long time. She felt a bit off, did a hpt and got a positive. Off for a dating scan she went and low and behold she is 5 weeks with twins, she ovulated once from both ovaries. The babies are measuring 4 days apart. She reckons she has not missed one pill, not been sick or had anything weird happen with her pill in the last month. What do you reckon the chances are of this happening? I love her to bits and don't care but I know how much she wants to be a mum and I have a secret suspicion she may have just stopped taking the pill (I would never confront her on it because I do just have to take her word for it, not really my business anyway) but I would love to know if this has happened to anyone else or if it's even possible?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think there used to be a member on here that had non identical triplets conceived on the pill?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Triplets!!? Omg what a shock!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember reading that convincing straight after stopping the pill increased chances of twins but not sure how accurate it was and can't remember what site

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    I remember reading that convincing straight after stopping the pill increased chances of twins but not sure how accurate it was and can't remember what site
    Yes I've read that too, that's partly what got my suspicions going. Then she showed me her hpt and it was an internet cheapie - if it was such an accident why has she bought cheap internet hpts? Hmm.... As I said though it's more just curiosity, I would never say anything to her. If she says it was an accident then that's that - but still my suspicious nature thinks otherwise...

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    Yes I've read that too, that's partly what got my suspicions going. Then she showed me her hpt and it was an internet cheapie - if it was such an accident why has she bought cheap internet hpts? Hmm.... As I said though it's more just curiosity, I would never say anything to her. If she says it was an accident then that's that - but still my suspicious nature thinks otherwise...
    Yer IMO someone who has bought internet cheapies is ttc

I have a friend who did similar pretended it was an accident but it wasn't at all most people know but haven't said anything each to their own I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant on the pill to DF. Never skipped them. Take them everyday at the same time. I honestly now think my hormones were out of whack and it sorted my body out. As I stopped taking the pill when we found out at 6 weeks. (I had had a period at 4 weeks.) 5 weeks later had another scan at 11weeks and bub had passed away 2 weeks earlier. So I think stopping the pill buggered up the hormones enough to not be able to sustain the pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    I fell pregnant on the pill to DF. Never skipped them. Take them everyday at the same time. I honestly now think my hormones were out of whack and it sorted my body out. As I stopped taking the pill when we found out at 6 weeks. (I had had a period at 4 weeks.) 5 weeks later had another scan at 11weeks and bub had passed away 2 weeks earlier. So I think stopping the pill buggered up the hormones enough to not be able to sustain the pregnancy.
    Sorry to hear about your mc Interesting to know that you think it helped you to conceive, I suppose it goes to show how all our bodies are different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if it played a factor or not just weird. As I Went back onto a stronger pill for 6 months & didn't fall pregnant. We went on to 'try' end of May last year (I came off pill) & didn't fall pregnant the entire time go figure.

I did need progesterone for the pregnancy before that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ClearCrystal For This Useful Post:

GingerKat  (06-04-2014)