+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does your husband pressure you to go back to work?

I have 2 daughters, one in year 1 and the other is 1year old,

My husband calls me lazy and is pressuring me to go back to work which I really dont want to do as I missed so much with my first!

I cannot see his perspective at all, he has a good income so his excuse of more money does not amuse me in the slightest, if i were to go back to work it would be stressful on myself and no change to our finances given the cost of childcare.

His mother has just retired and he wants her to look after the kids whilst i work so we dont have to pay childcare.

This is not what i want at all. I want to raise my own children not give them to the grandmother to raise ( Shes also a money hungry cow ) my children wouldnt enjoy spending time with her. shes one of those people who think children should sit in a corner and make no sound.

I also forgot to mention my husband works away for 5 weeks at a time,

yep hes a douchebag

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think it makes him a douchebag...if money is no issue, why not do some voluntary work? You would only be apart from your daughter for a few hours a week. It would give your MIL as small chance to babysit.

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    wow

he works away for 5 weeks at a time ... and thinks you should go back to work. Coz you dont have enough on your plate?

If money isnt an issue, I dont really see his point of view either.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (02-04-2014),CazHazKidz  (07-04-2014),jesssalee  (02-04-2014),MINIRoo  (04-04-2014),Mokeybear  (07-04-2014),MrsHoward  (02-04-2014),mrswhitehouse  (03-04-2014),SoThisIsLove  (03-04-2014),waitsee  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way...and if he did that conversation wouldnt last long or happen again. tell him to put a sock in it. You have the most amazing job, bringing up ur and his children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disclaimer I don't want my mil too look after my kids for same reason but as you won't be paying for cc then it could benefit your family more. What about part time even, best of both words. I would love to spend the next 25 years at home with the kids but in today's world that's not possible. Sometimes we must do things we don't want to

Thanks
    Reviews
    If my dh told me to go back to work while money was ok and we had young children not yet in school...I'd be telling him to bugger off! I'd rather be a single mum at home with my kids than be forced back to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You feel strongly about looking after your kids yourself, and if this is financially possible then why not? I would be angry with him as well. Is there any more to his opinion that you should work, other than he thinks you're lazy? That makes him a douche in itself!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had some pressure however we can manage with me staying at home, it just means a few sacrifices on my DH's part (I've already made all I can) which he doesn't really want to do. We have no one who can look after DD so it would mean CC however no financial gain so I see no point!

My DH is also making a career change to his dream job which is a pay cut for the first year but I've budgeted to manage through that. I feel as though if he can follow his dream I can follow mine in staying at home and raising our DD! Yep, we're both being selfish! But I've taken jobs on in the past that pay well and I haven't enjoyed so we could buy a house etc.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    No my husband has never said anything like that to me. If we were in trouble financially I would be going back to work. But we both make sacrifices for me to stay home. Could you perhaps have a chat with your husband and try to come to a compromise? Part time? After hours work so you are still with your DD all the time?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way I see it is, if you're financially fine and he works away... Then why the hell should you go back to work?!

I'd be furious if I was in your position

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (02-04-2014),Meld85  (02-04-2014),ozeymumof5  (02-04-2014),Purple Lily  (02-04-2014)