+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default People blurting your news

Hi,
    Just a little vent. We had our friends over for tea on Saturday night, whilst I am only 11 weeks my friends immediately asked if I was pregnant as I do look pregnant and am struggling to hide the bump. They are nurses so maybe they had an intuition.
    We confirmed that yes we are pregnant but as it is early days and we haven't had the 12 week scan yet and are yet to tell our family, friends etc. we stressed it was very important for them not to say anything as it's our news to tell and we don't want family finding out on Facebook or second hand.

So my mum today called me and asked if I was pregnant!!! I was like um....
    She works in child care and a mum that was dropping her kid off congratulated my mum on being a grandma again. My mum asked how this lady found out and she said she is best friends with my friends sister. My mum told me this lady's name never heard of her before. And now all my mums colleagues also know. We are so dissapointed in my friend. She told her sister who told her best friend.
    I'm so upset my mum found out this way.

I want to tell my friend off but now sure what the point is if the news is already out in the open now

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh how rude! Perhaps they were so excited that they just couldn't keep it in? My family did this, i only told parents and wanted to keep it between us until the 12 weeks. I didn't want to have to explain to EVERYONE if there were issues with the scan. But Mum told everyone pretty much straight away and I found out when my friend who's mum knows mine said congrats on facebook. It's worse for you with your mum finding out this way, but since it's out I guess there's not much to do. I'd say vent away here and get it out of your system and remember your friend is a crap secret keeper for next time

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rueblade For This Useful Post:

OptimisticAussie  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definitely say that you are very disappointed in her telling her sister. Otherwise you'll just be ****ed off whenever you are with her and she won't know why. Iykwim? I would be pretty upset if I were in your situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sucks.
    But I'd say it wasn't intentional. She probably shared the news thinking it wouldn't get back to anyone you knew. After all she guessed it herself, she was probably more into sharing her "cleverness" in guessing than betraying your news on purpose. It wasn't malicious so I'd let it go. my kids always blurt out my secrets to inappropriate people.
    Congratulations!!!! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's terrible, I would be so annoyed and upset I'd have to say something, even just to let them know you know they blabbed after you asked them to!

It's such special news, not for anyone but the parents to decide when to share the news! I think that's so selfish, you have every right to be annoyed. Definitely let her know you're not happy with her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh how frustrating... We had something similar where we only told parents and stressed we did not want anyone to know until after the NT scan and we wanted to tell everyone.

Mil 12 weeks to the day told everyone - we didn't get to tell anyone on my dh's side if the family. The worst part was no one called us to congratulate us so I felt our baby became a bit of a non event...

Anyway I feel your pain. I know people get excited but I don't understand how they don't realise and respect this is your news not there's. you have te morning sickness, cramps etc... You deserve the right to make the announcement.

I would be so upset if my mum found out that way though. I would be saying a word personally but I suppose it depends on you really...

Congrats by the way :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the congrats ladies
    Yea now that I have calmed down I have decided to choose my battles so to speak. No point getting angry at my friend what's been and done now. Definitely selfish and unthoughtful of her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I got sooo angry reading it! But on the other hand, your friends must've been so excited to be telling best friend and then the sister etc Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Sucks.
    But I'd say it wasn't intentional. She probably shared the news thinking it wouldn't get back to anyone you knew. After all she guessed it herself, she was probably more into sharing her "cleverness" in guessing than betraying your news on purpose. It wasn't malicious so I'd let it go. my kids always blurt out my secrets to inappropriate people.
    Congratulations!!!! Xxx
    This .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Talk about 6 degrees of separation. Sorry this happened to you.