+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (04-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babygirl, how annoying is your SIL to keep doing that grr, not nice and a shame you can't get away from her. She must be threatend by you.
    I had a friend who used to this to me. So used to tell her lies that I was off the diet and eating things like Maccas and all sorts of junk for lunch. So now at tea I'm not so hungry and something healthy is all good. Especially since I've had fish and chips for lunch (lie) she soon stopped being so nosey about what I was up to.

Great work throw the food straight in the bin that way it can't even tempt you.

Littleladyybug, I find the more healthy I eat the more healthy foods you crave. I saw something once on tv they said the more junk like fast food you eat, it makes you want it more and more. Good work

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Littleladybug waiting for follow up Appt hun on the 19th. In the mean time doing some extra BT and trying losing weight
    @francesthecat it is really annoying but I think I just have to be a step ahead and release what she is doing. She has recently lost 20kg but it seems as though she still isn't happy worth herself

Hope you lovely ladies are having a great weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.. it did motivate me a bit I thought that's it im going to get so fit now just because she wants to compete.. then I got down about it again. I suppose its just the nature of some people.

Im still struggling with cutting the chocolate out. Well I have a few choc yogurts and some caromello koalas left in the house. I will just finish that and no more.. or I should throw in the bin.. maybe I will bin it while im feeling strong! I wish it was easier for me on the chocolate front.

Hows everyone else going food wise after the naughty easter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the healthy weight range but until recently it was only just. Hoping 2 get down 2 58kg. So far have lost 3kg in the last 4 weeks so I'm really pleased. Have been doing my own version of paleo/low carb/medium protein/high fat/ketogenic style diet. Loving the lack of appetite and no cravings that come with this style of duet. Some days I don't even feel hungry till 1pm. Any1 else had any luck with this style of diet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @hadesgirl i find when i have more protein i definitely get less cravings and hunger. The hardest thing i find is coming up with protein snacks etc and it does increase the cost of our weekly shop.

What does a typical day look like for you food wise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The trick to keeping cost down is to go high fat medium protein low carb. The concept is really scary but the science/heakth benefits behind it is amazing.

As far as snacks go, tins of tuna or chicken, nuts, liver pate with veg or lately I've been buying cheap shoulder bacon and drying it in my dehydrator. My need to snack has greatly reduced since I've found this way of eating though. I used 2 b a six small meals a day kind of girl.

My typical day varies based on my appetite. I try to eat when I'm hungry rather than to a schedule. I find I eat more during the week than on weekends.

A typical day is a coffee with light coconut milk when I get up. About 9ish is eggs and some kind of protein. Lunch is usually 1:30ish and it's something like chilli con carne with lots of above ground veg like zucchini instead of beans. Tea might b chicken thighs and more winter style above ground veg, or salad. I often find now I'm not terribly hungry in the evening, so I might just scramble some eggs or have a hunk of luncheon style meat or even skip tea n go straight to a low carb dessert. Lately it's been a coconut cream mousse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I forgot to add I have light coconut milk in my hots drinks, and find it really filling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kim85 I too am a choc addict, it's like the fighting temptations for me lol

@hadesgirl welcome and sounds like your on the right track and doing the right stuff as it is working for you, well done

my lovely SIL brought over 3 cupcakes and a bag if rocky road and leaves it on the kitchen table 😡. I'm just focussing on the exercise at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have u tried the coles simply less brand chocolate? I really like it n because it's sugar free/low csrb it doesn't leave u craving more. Some of the atkins bars aren't bad either. I can never stick 2 a diet if I have cravings or have 2 go hungry so this style of eating is really working 4 me.