Closed Thread
Page 92 of 109 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jasminecook85 View Post
    So I found out today my hubby has low sperm count and slow swimmers. Where do we go now. Im so upset. We wont see our dr for another month because we work away from home.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Sorry to hear, But there are ways around it, and depending on the results sometimes the prognosis can improve!
    My DH had a not so good report while we were on clomid cycles, then when tested again with our new FS about 12 months later was fine. Now gets good reports for preps for IUI.

Things like vitamins, boxer shorts, no hot baths or spas etc.

And if things still aren't great and you need to move forward Into ART then they can choose the best ones to put back in etc.

Hopefully your Dr can explain more based on the actual results, but it's hard having to wait!

Give your man a big cuddle! Hugs to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    @jasminecook85 - sorry to hear. Is this the first test he's done? I ask as, sometimes, a test taken today can yield different results to a test taken again in 3 months time.

Options wise:

- There are various alternative therapies to give his swimmers a chance at improving.
    - IUI
    - IVF/ICSI
    Its his first one shrillian. Yes im hoping our dr tells us to do it a few more times before diagnosing with that. And you never know we only need one maybe we can keep trying first!
    Thanks for the reply. I know one of them is when they get his sperm put it in my egg then put it back up. Is that IVF? I will do some research

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OIC View Post
    Sorry to hear, But there are ways around it, and depending on the results sometimes the prognosis can improve!
    My DH had a not so good report while we were on clomid cycles, then when tested again with our new FS about 12 months later was fine. Now gets good reports for preps for IUI.

Things like vitamins, boxer shorts, no hot baths or spas etc.

And if things still aren't great and you need to move forward Into ART then they can choose the best ones to put back in etc.

Hopefully your Dr can explain more based on the actual results, but it's hard having to wait!

Give your man a big cuddle! Hugs to you!
    Thanks oic. Gives me hope. I will tell my hubby tonight your story. He is handling it pretty well. Better than me. Probably trying to be the strong one for me. He is a good man xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jasminecook85 For This Useful Post:

OIC  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So I found out today my hubby has low sperm count and slow swimmers. Where do we go now. Im so upset. We wont see our dr for another month because we work away from home.

Hi Jasmine sorry you've had this news. Your first step will be to talk to your gp, so unfortunately you'll have to wait. They will help you determine whether this is something that can be fixed with vits and lifestyle, or whether you made need additional assistance.

We have similar problems, though very extreme, and have just started the process for ivf. Hopefully you won't have to go that extreme.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its his first one shrillian. Yes im hoping our dr tells us to do it a few more times before diagnosing with that. And you never know we only need one maybe we can keep trying first!
    Thanks for the reply. I know one of them is when they get his sperm put it in my egg then put it back up. Is that IVF? I will do some research

So, IUI they take the sperm, wash it and spin it down so all of the dud ones are left out, and then put the good ones back in.

IVF they take the sperm and the eggs and let them go at it in the incubator! Then put back in an embie.

ICSI is where they inject the best looking sperm into the egg! And put them embie back in.

How's that for assisted reproductive technology 101. ????????

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OIC For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OIC View Post
    So, IUI they take the sperm, wash it and spin it down so all of the dud ones are left out, and then put the good ones back in.

IVF they take the sperm and the eggs and let them go at it in the incubator! Then put back in an embie.

ICSI is where they inject the best looking sperm into the egg! And put them embie back in.

How's that for assisted reproductive technology 101. ????????
    pretty good! Has anyone told you that you should do this as your job! Haha

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jasminecook85 For This Useful Post:

OIC  (22-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

there are ways you can improve the quality of sperm. It won't do anything for sperm count, but it will improve the ones that are there, and in reality, it only takes one to get through...

There are foods that can give energy and nutrients to sperm. Not sure what they all are, but almonds are a major one. If you google it, you'll find stuff. Also, I read somewhere that daily ejaculation can assist in sperm production - takes three months to see the improvement in sperm, but it's definitely worth a try. Basically, the more you 'use', the more gets made...

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

My DHs first SA was the same. His morphology was low and count wasn't high. He has been taking menevit for a long while now but that has helped (he was taking it during both tests). His second test came back saying that everything looked good but that when they put them through the sperm obstacle course not enough were getting through, with no reason as to why. Our fs said that counts can vary from day to day. He showed us a chart that a scientist did of his own results and it was up and down. So its not to worry just yet. It could be better with his second
    It definitely isn't impossible to still fall pregnant naturally though. Even with DHs low amount of swimmers getting through we have just fallen pregnant naturally
    Fx it happens like that for you

Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since Nov 2012
    Can't wait to have our own little miracle

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I also agree with Jussi, the more regularly he ejaculates the better for quality. But not too regularly for quantity. Every second day is good. And it does take 90 days to really see a difference.

Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since Nov 2012
    Can't wait to have our own little miracle