Closed Thread
Page 81 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i feel the same way though with my two kids I never had a positive line as strong as the test line even at two weeks after my period was due. Squinters on FR are negatives as I've learned from experience. The pics kinda pixelate when I upload them here but on countdowntopregnancy the line shows as well as imgur. IDK if this link will work but here's a link to the pic on my gallery, it's pretty clear on the invert. I figured I might as well use the last FR i had lying around since my period is due and there's no sign of it but i'll need to find a new brand next time. I actually called the consumer helpline and they assured me that the line I was seeing was definitely a positive if it was read in the time frame no matter how faint so learning after that that my bloods were negative? absolutely devastating, and I see a lot of people think these lines are positive when they're not. FR need to get their act together cos this stuff is a huge emotional rollercoaster cos of their faulty tests
    Last edited by Oliveaux; 18-05-2014 at 13:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think you will find that the only way to be certain is to do a blood test, pregnancy tests are simply a means to know if you are pregnant or not but isn't a definite answer.

Im pretty sure the tests have slight indentations where the line should appear, as i have seen this on other tests i had done and in certain light it could look like there is a line there, however there is no colour in this line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenOo View Post
    @JessiW where's today's POAS?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Hehehe I'm sorry haven't done it yet. The test I did yesterday wasn't until late in the afternoon so waiting until we get home tonight to do another, just to give it a bit more time to get darker I am super nervous/excited to do it though

Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since Nov 2012
    Can't wait to have our own little miracle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliveaux View Post
    i feel the same way though with my two kids I never had a positive line as strong as the test line even at two weeks after my period was due. Squinters on FR are negatives as I've learned from experience. The pics kinda pixelate when I upload them here but on countdowntopregnancy the line shows as well as imgur. IDK if this link will work but here's a link to the pic on my gallery, it's pretty clear on the invert. I figured I might as well use the last FR i had lying around since my period is due and there's no sign of it but i'll need to find a new brand next time. I actually called the consumer helpline and they assured me that the line I was seeing was definitely a positive if it was read in the time frame no matter how faint so learning after that that my bloods were negative? absolutely devastating, and I see a lot of people think these lines are positive when they're not. FR need to get their act together cos this stuff is a huge emotional rollercoaster cos of their faulty tests
    I can't see anything in your pics, but I see an indent line on the link. You can tell as there is no colour to it, it's more a grey line, which that one looks to be.

I make a rule that unless it's visible and pink, it's neg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliveaux View Post
    I'm sorry hun but I have to agree with curlybird, I can't see a line on any of the pics. Are you positive it isn't an indent line from the urine going over it? You don't really get false positives, if there is colour then it's positive. I've had positives and then two days later gotten a negative, but that is what they refer to as a chemical pregnancy or an early mc. If there was colour on yours consistently then maybe it's not pregnancy...I have heard that there are some women who can't use home tests because they already have the hormone in there system (sorry I can't remember what it's called). But I guess they would have detected it with the blood test. Really not sure other than that.

Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since Nov 2012
    Can't wait to have our own little miracle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybird View Post
    I think you will find that the only way to be certain is to do a blood test, pregnancy tests are simply a means to know if you are pregnant or not but isn't a definite answer.

Im pretty sure the tests have slight indentations where the line should appear, as i have seen this on other tests i had done and in certain light it could look like there is a line there, however there is no colour in this line.
    Yep, and ttc for 3 years this time around, I've used every single test on the market. The only test that doesn't have an indent, is strangely IC's. When the urine goes over the line you often get a ultra faint, grey line. Pretty much all brands are the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JessiW and @delirium this test i honestly can't tell regarding the colour, I have line eye lol though i've had FRER tests that were definitely faint pink lines, DP agreed with me. Don't worry though I know this test is negative!! in real life it has a pink tinge but again its always the same with FRER, there's an indentation line which in my experience can appear pink, it's a real worry especially with like, countdowntopregnancy so many posting these tests as positive when in all likelihood they're meaningless. I used to believe any coloured line was a positive too but i've had enough false positives from blue dye tests to know better!
    I've bought a new brand I haven't used before that detects as low as 20, i'll try one tomorrow morning and then in a week if AF doesn't arrive since my cycle is erratic to say the least!
    edit: of course as the test progresses they can show lines that disappear, the lines I'm referring to are after the test has finished, not while its processing
    Last edited by Oliveaux; 18-05-2014 at 14:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Might pay to go to the GP for bloods if the lines are pink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I ask what the new tests are youre going to try @Oliveaux

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Might pay to go to the GP for bloods if the lines are pink.
    when I did have faint pink lines, i went to the GP and the bloods were negative so I've changed brands. Obviously a strong line is positive but a faint line (like difficult to photograph and show the colour like mine, even if its easily visible in person) are negative even if it's pink. It's a shame cos I've used FR for years and they've always been reliable and never had this problem, it's not fun having to find a new brand lol