Congrats!!! Definitely a line there. Fx it snuggles in nice and tight x

Me: 28 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since Nov 2012
    Can't wait to have our own little miracle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEH View Post
    Can I say, I read up about chemical pregnancy today. . Do you think those false positives were that? It says you can get positives, then mc really early and most think its just af.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That's the main problems with early result tests - you find out about chems whereas normally you wouldn't (ie. AF would come on time or a few days late).

I had a chem last year, but only found out as it it was through a monitored induction cycle. HCG was 48 and then dropped down to 19 a few days later. (At the first blood test result, they told me anything under 50 can go either way, so I was expecting it by the tone of the nurse's voice).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEH View Post
    Can I say, I read up about chemical pregnancy today. . Do you think those false positives were that? It says you can get positives, then mc really early and most think its just af.

if it has colour, it is not a false positive. HCG is the only thing that will react with the dye to make the line pink. If the lines were grey, then most likely they were evaporation lines. Don't know if that helps, but if you had pink lines i'd be more inclined to say chemical pregnancy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Midwiferly Congratulations!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    if it has colour, it is not a false positive. HCG is the only thing that will react with the dye to make the line pink. If the lines were grey, then most likely they were evaporation lines. Don't know if that helps, but if you had pink lines i'd be more inclined to say chemical pregnancy...

Thanks @jussi I agree. I was just thinking after i read up on them that maybe the bfps in the group which turned out to be negatives after further testing , may have actually been a chemical rather than a faulty test . I never knew what a chemical was and decided to Google as I was looking for answers for my late af!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies. Currently 9dpo and today is my birthday!!! I wasn't sure if I should test but I just had one of those feelings. So this morning tested and it was a faint BFP! Trying not to get too excited because I have had three chems in the past. Only one has been this dark though so fx this one gets darker. Don't think I'll test again until we are home on Sunday night or Monday morning because if it doesn't stick I don't want to find out while we are on holidays. So just trying to keep positive without getting too ahead of myself. Might book in for bloods on monday if it stays positive . Think lots of sticky thoughts for me please ladies x

TTC #1 since Nov 2012

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessiW For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (16-05-2014),Kitzycat  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Attempting to upload pics, not sure how clear they are. It is definitely not a squinter in person. DH saw it straight away

TTC #1 since Nov 2012
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JessiW View Post
    Good morning ladies. Currently 9dpo and today is my birthday!!! I wasn't sure if I should test but I just had one of those feelings. So this morning tested and it was a faint BFP! Trying not to get too excited because I have had three chems in the past. Only one has been this dark though so fx this one gets darker. Don't think I'll test again until we are home on Sunday night or Monday morning because if it doesn't stick I don't want to find out while we are on holidays. So just trying to keep positive without getting too ahead of myself. Might book in for bloods on monday if it stays positive . Think lots of sticky thoughts for me please ladies x

TTC #1 since Nov 2012
    What a gorgeous birthday pressie. Sending all the sticky vibes I've got!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolamc For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JessiW Happy birthday and congratulations on a wonderful birthday present. BEST present you'll ever get. Sending lots of sticky vibes your way! I can definitely see the line in both pics!

My Dh still doesn't believe I'm pregnant haha. He was like, yea there's a line there, but shouldn't they be the same? I told him that's not how it works, especially so early, he said he's going to 'reserve judgement' until he sees two lines the same colour! I said go right ahead, but I'm definitely pregnant! My best friend on the other hand, mum of 3 who had trouble conceiving for years, took one look at it and said 'omfg' hehe. I'm going to have to keep POAS until dh is convinved (but let's be honest, I was going to do that anyway )

Have random gp appt this morning for unrelated matter, so will get bloods done anyway

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Midwiferly For This Useful Post:

JessiW  (16-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwiferly View Post
    @JessiW Happy birthday and congratulations on a wonderful birthday present. BEST present you'll ever get. Sending lots of sticky vibes your way! I can definitely see the line in both pics!

My Dh still doesn't believe I'm pregnant haha. He was like, yea there's a line there, but shouldn't they be the same? I told him that's not how it works, especially so early, he said he's going to 'reserve judgement' until he sees two lines the same colour! I said go right ahead, but I'm definitely pregnant! My best friend on the other hand, mum of 3 who had trouble conceiving for years, took one look at it and said 'omfg' hehe. I'm going to have to keep POAS until dh is convinved (but let's be honest, I was going to do that anyway )

Have random gp appt this morning for unrelated matter, so will get bloods done anyway

Haha, yeh my DH was like that before but I think after all of the blank tests he knows what any line means. But it could also be your DHs way of not getting his hopes up. I'm going to try not to get too excited until a second test is positive. All of my others I've only had one pos and then neg, so the next few days will be hard to resist! Lol. Thank you for your kind pos thoughts too. It is definitely the best birthday present
    Oooh good luck with the bloods! At least your DH will believe it coming from a dr too very excited for you x

TTC #1 since Nov 2012