Closed Thread
Page 22 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lolamc I stupidly haven't been keeping an eye on cm. Trying to just BD without putting pressure with symptoms of o and OPKs as they were stressing me out.
    Ahhh I hope may is our month !!!
    @curlybird I know tell me about it hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Lol sounds like us every pay!
    It's just silly how much money we are wasting lately! We need to buy furniture, but can't afford to as we keep blowing it all on restaurants and things! One day we'll get our priorities straight!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    It's just silly how much money we are wasting lately! We need to buy furniture, but can't afford to as we keep blowing it all on restaurants and things! One day we'll get our priorities straight!
    Oops meant to quote, but also thanked haha.

We are constantly at loggerheads over money. DH keeps freaking out about how we have no money but then goes and buys stupid things. When I call him out he's all like "it was only $30" but when there are multiple purchases of small amounts it adds up! I earn more than DH, yet I'm the one who has to give things up. I was having weekly massages because I get frequent headaches and migraines, but haven't had one in about 3 months. DH gives them begrudgingly but stops pretty short of a decent massage. I was doing PT twice a week, but I have to stop that because it's costing money. Argh! DH started a business/fitness course but hasn't finished it, and if he doesn't finish it by the end of April, he will have to re-enroll to complete it. We've already spent $12-15k on the course. I'm so angry about it, because I'm the one being made to feel like I'm wasting money. It does my head in. I almost wish we had kept out finances and credit cards separate and both put in X amount a pay to cover bills/mortgage. Then I wouldn't feel guilty all the time about wanting to buy something. The stupid thing is, we're not destitute. It's all because we are trying to pay down the credit card, but whenever we get ahead, interest charges etc come in, or there's an unexpected expense. It's so frustrating. I've told DH we should remove CCs from our wallets etc but he won't. Not that it will make a difference, he spends all his money online anyway. A poster in another thread suggested when you want to make a purchase greater than $20 - you have to call the other half. That way you think about what you're spending your money on. DH thinks that's stupid. I can't win. Anyway, I'm going shopping today and I'm going to buy clothes and have a massage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post

We are constantly at loggerheads over money. DH keeps freaking out about how we have no money but then goes and buys stupid things. When I call him out he's all like "it was only $30" but when there are multiple purchases of small amounts it adds up! I earn more than DH, yet I'm the one who has to give things up. I was having weekly massages because I get frequent headaches and migraines, but haven't had one in about 3 months. DH gives them begrudgingly but stops pretty short of a decent massage. I was doing PT twice a week, but I have to stop that because it's costing money. Argh! DH started a business/fitness course but hasn't finished it, and if he doesn't finish it by the end of April, he will have to re-enroll to complete it. We've already spent $12-15k on the course. I'm so angry about it, because I'm the one being made to feel like I'm wasting money. It does my head in. I almost wish we had kept out finances and credit cards separate and both put in X amount a pay to cover bills/mortgage. Then I wouldn't feel guilty all the time about wanting to buy something. The stupid thing is, we're not destitute. It's all because we are trying to pay down the credit card, but whenever we get ahead, interest charges etc come in, or there's an unexpected expense. It's so frustrating. I've told DH we should remove CCs from our wallets etc but he won't. Not that it will make a difference, he spends all his money online anyway. A poster in another thread suggested when you want to make a purchase greater than $20 - you have to call the other half. That way you think about what you're spending your money on. DH thinks that's stupid. I can't win. Anyway, I'm going shopping today and I'm going to buy clothes and have a massage.
    I could have written this! We're exactly the same!

We're in a lucky situation where we've finally paid off the mortgage, so have been living quite extravagantly as we've been very frugal for the past 7 years. We've only got the cards to get down, which we jut can't do since we're always spending everything.

I too have given up massages for the past three months, even telling DH I have, as we can't afford to and he then goes and gets a full body for $100!! It really bugs me that I stop things, but he doesn't and we end up back with nothing.

Exactly the same here with the small purchases. I totalled his "little purchases" for him and he was shocked how quickly it added up to $400.

I too am going to head out and buy myself some new boots, perhaps some clothes and maybe get a massage and a facial. For once, I'm going to be the bad one in this pay cycle!

Happy shopping!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post

Money woes are always difficult! I too earn more than my DH and have an investment property on my own. To keep things simple, we both kept our own accounts and cc and just opened another account for mortgage payments and bills etc. I also have my own savings account that I've been putting money in so when I go on mat leave we'll have some money for the nice things we like to enjoy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shabbychook View Post
    Oliveaux what phone do you have for a good app at charting everything? Maybe one of us can help you with a good one.
    Sounds like you have it planned for the week. How long is your cycles normally?

Lets all have fun whilst making babies.
    even if we don't get our BFP for a while, learning about my body and keeping track of my infamously erratic period (likely due to anxiety or PCOS, not sure atm but I have a 6 y.o. and a 4. y.o.) is a worthwhile endeavor. I think part of the problem is that I only just started getting my periods again this year and I haven't been charting (DP and I weren't having unprotected sex so it just wasn't an issue and my periods are so light anyway) before my most recent period. Also my period length was very long; including spotting brown blood it was about 10 days, from red blood to end it was 7. I don't know how that affects my O date??
    I also don't know my cycle length; last time I charted in 2012 they started at 30 days and got longer and longer each time, up to 70 days and we eventually gave up since after that I stopped getting periods altogether. Strange body this one. But since starting my anxiety medication, my periods returned. So from this I don't know my cycle length but I suspect it will be around 30 days (though the one before this that I didn't chart was short) since that seems to have been the approximate throughout my menstruating life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c386 View Post
    @MrsTugs 31st march so I'm CD27.
    My AF has come every 6 weeks approx.
    I am hoping it's what I think it is!
    Would be pretty unlikely to O this late I think, but if you get AF every 6 weeks at the moment it's possible...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You girls talking about money etc couldn't be more true. It was so exciting to hear DH talk today. We had a really big chat about just everything in general (he's away on business and I had a bad night :-/ )
    I asked him "would you rather spend more each pay on just fun stuff, am I too hard on us?"
    His response was "but babe we can't afford that can we"
    What a cutie lol. Doesn't change the fact that next weekend when he wants to go golf and beers I'll be the bad guy telling him no.

We do the "anything over $20 we discuss" but I'll admit I expect him to so it all the time but I'm a bit slack about it. Double standards I know. Shame on me.

I'm actually on my way to a massage and buy myself some lunch right now lol. He had a big night on the town last night (he didn't spend over his budget good boy!) so fair is fair hsha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsTugs yes it's a bit confusing atm!

Just fell asleep again for an hour / I never sleep this much.

Ahhh re: $$$! It's a tough one isn't it. I am more the problem than the hubby. However we have thrown ourselves in so deep saving for our future bub we sometimes forget we still should live!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't go out - guilted myself into not spending money. But also remembered I have a hair appointment on Wednesday, so that will be $300 on that, which is a good enough pamper for me for this pay cycle.

Might try to squeeze in a facial tomorrow though. My skin is desperate for one!