Closed Thread
Page 18 of 114 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh noooo, how annoying @Shrillian. I know how you feel — fights around that stuff are so totally awkward. And it's hard to get a good vibe going afterward at all, so you did will to manage to DTD anyway! But yeah, you've got ages to go until Tuesday. Hopefully you no longer think he's a jerk by then, haha

@theoneandonlyem & @curlybird — good and exciting signs all around!! fx fx fx.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to elswyth For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    Not off to a great start. Went to initiate last night and ended up having a fight due to the way he said what he said in response to me. I called him a jerk, he came back and apologised. We managed to DTD, but neither of us were thaaaat into it by then.

Anyway, had a BT today (morning after last round of pills) and just got my results - all baseline for now, so just playing the waiting game for my levels to rise. Follow up BT on Monday morning to see if there's a rise, so probably O in the next week sometime.

CD9 today, so assuming textbook O on CD14, that will be Tuesday. Might try to DTD every second day just in case O does turn out to be the day after the BT - don't want to miss it!

Just hoping stupid DH does his part in all this!!! (Sorry, I'm evidently still kind of cranky at him!)
    Men can be stupid! I will be all over DH and then say I'm going upstairs hinting at what awaits, he'll say he'll be right up and I'm left waiting. Half the time I'm asleep by the time he comes to bed. Last night I went up around 9:30, flicked on the tv while I waited, ended up watching a full ep of CSI (bad move, it was about ghostly/supernatural things... Creeped me out!), turned the tv off and was asleep when he finally came to bed at 11:45! And he wanders why I get cranky at him! (And annoyed that we're still TTC!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyem View Post
    Men can be stupid! I will be all over DH and then say I'm going upstairs hinting at what awaits, he'll say he'll be right up and I'm left waiting. Half the time I'm asleep by the time he comes to bed. Last night I went up around 9:30, flicked on the tv while I waited, ended up watching a full ep of CSI (bad move, it was about ghostly/supernatural things... Creeped me out!), turned the tv off and was asleep when he finally came to bed at 11:45! And he wanders why I get cranky at him! (And annoyed that we're still TTC!)
    Ugh, I hate when that happens!!! (PS - I love CSI. I have no idea why, but I do. But it's also made me completely petrified of home invasions!!!)

We're okay now.

Went out for massages tonight and having a nice dinner out. Figure my levels are all baseline, so out for sushi, sashimi and korean bbq. Mmm... Might as well get it in now, just in case!

I told him about my results and that I was concerned about missing O and that we should DTD every second night and he seemed amenable. Let's see when it comes to crunch time though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    this is such a cool thread! ah its so nice to be part of a parenting community!

I tried out my OPK this morning just to try it since I've never used them before, it was negative as expected, checked my CM and nothing really visible. Then just now I did another OPK and got a faint line! Checked my CM and looks like its partially fertile! I've only just finished my period two days ago! My cycles have been all over the place, my GP thought it was PCOS though my periods have now returned, me and DP realized my periods stopped when I stopped taking my anti-depressants, which I take for anxiety, so we're thinking that's it was amenorrhea caused by stress. My GP and I decided that once I become pregnant, we're going to go back to the starting dose then cease altogether by the third trimester, then I will likely go back on them since they do help me a lot. I'm going to do another OPK before bed tonight lol! DP and I have already worked out a schedule for DTD, they don't want to in the evenings when the kids are here though lol so its gonna be morning love for us :P I've only just started tracking so not sure exactly what my O date is, so we're going by OPKs and CM primarily. I'm expecting to ovulate next week so we're gonna try once every other day, trouble is my DP is paranoid about the kids hearing so we have to time it for when they're not home Of course the long weekend had to coincide with my fertile period!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Oliveaux can you have a family member take them out for the day or organise a play date? Hopefully you find time during your fertile period to DTD

Thanks
    Reviews
    probably not this week, the only family I have nearby is still over an hour away and they're already taking the girls for a bit this week. I think we'll be alright though as the weekend is likely the end of my fertile window, if OPK/CM says otherwise perhaps I'll just light some candles and give DP a nice massage or something to relax them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliveaux View Post
    this is such a cool thread! ah its so nice to be part of a parenting community!

I tried out my OPK this morning just to try it since I've never used them before, it was negative as expected, checked my CM and nothing really visible. Then just now I did another OPK and got a faint line! Checked my CM and looks like its partially fertile! I've only just finished my period two days ago! My cycles have been all over the place, my GP thought it was PCOS though my periods have now returned, me and DP realized my periods stopped when I stopped taking my anti-depressants, which I take for anxiety, so we're thinking that's it was amenorrhea caused by stress. My GP and I decided that once I become pregnant, we're going to go back to the starting dose then cease altogether by the third trimester, then I will likely go back on them since they do help me a lot. I'm going to do another OPK before bed tonight lol! DP and I have already worked out a schedule for DTD, they don't want to in the evenings when the kids are here though lol so its gonna be morning love for us :P I've only just started tracking so not sure exactly what my O date is, so we're going by OPKs and CM primarily. I'm expecting to ovulate next week so we're gonna try once every other day, trouble is my DP is paranoid about the kids hearing so we have to time it for when they're not home Of course the long weekend had to coincide with my fertile period!!
    @Oliveaux it's hard going off medication I suffer with migraines and have has to go off tablets it's horrible just have to keep stress levels low and positive positive positive!

Well here comes the waiting period 10 days and counting until AF is due I am the most impatient person ever I want everything yesterday grrrr.....
    I'm usually on a 28 day cycle I hope that having O on CD18 won't throw out my cycle is this normal?
    Anyone have plans for the long weekend? x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Oliveaux that’s exciting that you’re already getting some movement on the OPKs! So did you stop taking the antidepressants specifically to TTC? Hope you manage to squeeze some BD in with DP this weekend then!

@Tammy25 good luck with the wait! What day do you usually O? I think it’s definitely common to O a bit later but the luteal phase needs to be at least 12 days for conception to succeed I think. But if you O’d late then AF is probably due late, maybe this one is a 30 day cycle for you?

And no plans for the long weekend except reading.. what about you? x

I actually got a surprise impending positive on an OPK this morning, I got a faint line yesterday and the day before, today it’s really dark! I was shocked, wasn’t expecting it for another few days, but I guess it is actually right on time, if not perhaps a day early. I guess maybe I’ll O on Sunday or Monday rather than Tuesday which was my prediction.

IMG_5207.jpg

That would also explain why I didn’t get a positive OPK last month, I must have started way too late. I think I did the first one on CD13 which was probably after the surge. That’s a relief too because my cycle was 26 days last month and I was worried that my luteal phase too short. But I think the follicular phase is shorter than I realised.

DH has gone out to see some friends so now I am dying for him to get back so we can DTD! hahaha.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to elswyth For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @elswyth - woohoo! Get busy!

Darn it... You're making me want to use OPKs! I said I wouldn't this cycle... Argh... Resolve weakening!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (25-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey can you please take me off the list this month, it's not gonna happen dp isn't interested in bd at all due to the stress of being out of work for so long. I'm going to go in blind next cycle then go on the pill to reduce my endo until dp gets a job and gets back to himself. which sucks because my opk is positive

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app