+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast refusal post op

Hi All,
    after some advice about how to get around breast refusal.
    I went to Ed for a massive postpartum hemorrhage ( bub was 9 weeks) and was taken in for a d&c, they were unable to stop the bleeding and did a hysterectomy which ended up in 5 days in hospital. Bub had to be given bottles during that time.

I have been desperately trying to get her on the breast again but she will only feed during let down then scream until she is given a bottle. I'm on motilliun, have hired a double pump, have got an sns but nothing seems to be working.

I'm devastated, I tried so hard to get breastfeeding to work and it was finally going well only for this to happen. Every bottle makes me cry as it's a step in the wrong direction and I will never have another chance to breastfeed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Use the SNS and ditch bottle completely. Keep up that food and breast association. If you're expressing between feeds, use this milk in your SNS, top up with formula if needed.
    The best way to build your supply is to keep baby at the breast as much as possible. Try some lactation cookies and make sure you're taking enough motilium- contrary to what many GPs tell you, you need 2-3 tablets, three times a day, to start with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, unfortunately she isn't taking to the sns. Have tried feeding with an LC and there is not much more I can do