+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Brisbane Nurture Center

Anyone been there? I'm not comfortable with the public systems program, as from what I can see they promote controlled crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shameless bump for morning crowd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't know anything about this but I'm curious to find out.

However, I stayed at the Ellen Barron Centre for a week with my ds...they did not promote controlled crying. I'm not sure where you got that information from.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Albert01; 02-04-2014 at 08:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both places use responsive settling techniques, so not cc.

Due to my DD's age, we more or less just did cio cos responding took 45 mins whereas cio took 10 mins. Responding to her protest cries just interrupted the process then she woukd start from hysterical and have to wind down again. You have to understand responsive settling to understand the process IMO.

Nurture Centre only take bubs up to 18 months.

DD and I stayed at Ellen baron and it was awesome. I cannot recommend them enough. Their staff were just the best and we got so much support, more than I ever expected.

How old is your bub, OP?
    Last edited by Missy RJ; 02-04-2014 at 08:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Don't know anything about this but I'm curious to find out.

However, I stayed at the Ellen Barron Centre for a week with my ds...they did not promote controlled crying. I'm not sure where you got that information from.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We practice a more attachment parenting style, I personally do not believe a child ( that's too young to communicate with) should cry at all in the getting to sleep process. Obviously in the middle of the night that's a different story as you have to wake up and get to them yourself, but I believe in hugs then.
    I went to a sleep and settling seminar run by chc, they showed us a video, I personally feel that the technique on offer is controlled crying, they just reworded it. Allowing a child to cry to get to sleep is a form of controlled crying sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's 7 months so young enough for the center.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had a few lengthy conversations with the nuture centre on the phone prior to booking in. They were excellent on this phone and said that they do responsive settling techniques. And also cater this for your child and their specific needs.
    I was booked in with my dd but after lots of talking with them they said they didn't think they could help (my dd has a genetic syndrome and one facet of it is sleep disorder). Since this poor sleeping isn't necessarily behavioural and more metabolic we didn't go.
    Though I honestly wouldn't have hesitated. They sounded really really great.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    We practice a more attachment parenting style, I personally do not believe a child ( that's too young to communicate with) should cry at all in the getting to sleep process. Obviously in the middle of the night that's a different story as you have to wake up and get to them yourself, but I believe in hugs then.
    I went to a sleep and settling seminar run by chc, they showed us a video, I personally feel that the technique on offer is controlled crying, they just reworded it. Allowing a child to cry to get to sleep is a form of controlled crying sorry.
    Once they learn to sleep, they wake less often and hence cry a heck of a lot less. Just like a baby cries when they need to eat or need a nappy change they cry when they need to sleep. Did they advocate leaving the room or are you with them patting them or rubbing them to know you are there them when they learn to sleep?