+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    Maybe all reflux babies silent or not just have the same temperament lol. Infant gaviscon didn't help us either. I use a feed thickener my DS doesn't chuck but refluxs in his throat and chest numerous times a day then gulps it back down that's what silent reflux is they also get very mucousy throats and makes it hard for them to feed that's where thickened helps silent reflux babies.

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Our paed even made a comment that he's never seen a baby with reflux problems who sleeps through the night as surely the symptoms would bother them then too. But he does, and seems he's not alone!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you are going through this Simmy especially on your family holiday x

My bub has silent reflux which is difficult to diagnose and my GP is only now taking me semi seriously. We start losec today.
    Last edited by Wissa; 08-04-2014 at 22:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Our paed even made a comment that he's never seen a baby with reflux problems who sleeps through the night as surely the symptoms would bother them then too. But he does, and seems he's not alone!
    My GP didn't believe me that my daughter had silent reflux either because she slept better at night! So no, he is not alone

Actually I don't think he still does but gave a me script anyway because he said "she is so calm I don't think its right" after she screamed down he waiting room for 40mins while I waited for him & has to settle her, she was still sobbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wissa View Post
    My GP didn't believe me that my daughter had silent reflux either because she slept better at night! So no, he is not alone

Actually I don't think he still does but gave a me script anyway because he said "she is so calm I don't think its right" after she screamed down he waiting room for 40mins while I waited for him & has to settle her, she was still sobbing
    Yep my boy in the last 3 night's has only been waking once for a night feed so I'm not surprised. He is much much happier at night now than in the day. Losec isn't working so he was started on pepti-junior yesterday at the paeds referral. Infant gaviscon causes horrible constipation in most babies but I've found this food thickener is causing any at all its great. Wissa your poor poor baby I know how that feels. Hard to take DS anywhere at the moment. Was told reflux is at its worst between 8 and 16 weeks

Last edited by LiterallyNoOne; 08-04-2014 at 09:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Losec can take a few weeks to work. We saw some improvement, but it was only when we increased the dose that it was a lot better. He's 4 months now & still spews a bit but not acidic & not screaming in pain.
    Now when he screams like that it seems to mean he's either overtired or has wind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Losec can take a few weeks to work. We saw some improvement, but it was only when we increased the dose that it was a lot better. He's 4 months now & still spews a bit but not acidic & not screaming in pain.
    Now when he screams like that it seems to mean he's either overtired or has wind.
    My DS has been on losec for 8 weeks and its 6mg twice daily as of Monday last week no improvement was told some babies just can't absorb it. But your right it does take 2-3 weeks for losec to start working

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks LiterallyNoOne x

It's a tough gig being a mum! Give me a multi million dollar accommodation property to run any day!!

I've started her on half a tab (? Sorry not sure on the actual dose) once a day dissolved in 5mls of water. Hoping it works!!!

Simmy hope your holiday is getting better x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wissa View Post
    Thanks LiterallyNoOne x

It's a tough gig being a mum! Give me a multi million dollar accommodation property to run any day!!

I've started her on half a tab (? Sorry not sure on the actual dose) once a day dissolved in 5mls of water. Hoping it works!!!

Simmy hope your holiday is getting better x
    I have my fingers and toes crossed for you both x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yesterday DS was much better! Bit grumpy in the morning n then went down for a 3 hour sleep!! Yay! Victory! I think he's been feeling under the weather at the moment, not used to the warner weather. He had 6 hours last night so I'm cheering!
    Partners come down with the flu so I'm doing everything for DS (feeling a bit worn out..) but thanks! Surely it couldn't get worse then the first night lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmyN View Post
    Yesterday DS was much better! Bit grumpy in the morning n then went down for a 3 hour sleep!! Yay! Victory! I think he's been feeling under the weather at the moment, not used to the warner weather. He had 6 hours last night so I'm cheering!
    Partners come down with the flu so I'm doing everything for DS (feeling a bit worn out..) but thanks! Surely it couldn't get worse then the first night lol
    You would hope not lol so happy for you. Hope your partner gets better fast. We had a nightmare night here haha can't win them all 😃