+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
    Hi! I feel your pain. My son was identical to this, two 20 minute sleeps per day, on me, from birth til 7 months!!! My poor son screamed, constantly. Even in the car and pram! He had silent reflux. I went to 7 doctors before one would agree with me. Most laughed. He got prescribed losec and it helped (baby gaviscon didn't work). Also I used a love to dream Swaddle which is amazing and keeps hands up. I didn't have to use the losec for long either which was good. Funny thing was, he would go down at night well and everything I read said reflux babies would be worse at night!! All the best, I know how exhausting it is.
    Could have written that word for word lol

Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    That is fantastic! Yay for you! Sounds like the lactose in his formula could have been the culprit, silent reflux is often caused by food intolerances as they produce the acid that burns their esophagus.

Keep persisting, I hope this is the solution and a 6 week old sleeping through! Double awesome!!!
    You need to become a paed lol because all the paeds and doctors here refuse to listen if u ask if it could be a food intolerance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    You need to become a paed lol because all the paeds and doctors here refuse to listen if u ask if it could be a food intolerance

I'm surprised (though not really) they are as intolerances can only be diagnosed through elimination, so it ensures a follow up appointment!

I had volunteered ever so briefly with RISA but with DD an other personal and family commitments I had to withdraw, but I hope once this bub comes along and both my kids are older I can join up again to spread the word about silent reflux. Especially to these 'professionals'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm surprised (though not really) they are as intolerances can only be diagnosed through elimination, so it ensures a follow up appointment!

I had volunteered ever so briefly with RISA but with DD an other personal and family commitments I had to withdraw, but I hope once this bub comes along and both my kids are older I can join up again to spread the word about silent reflux. Especially to these 'professionals'.
    That is an excellent idea as it seems to be taboo among professionals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    How are things going SimmyN? Still improving?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How are things going SimmyN? Still improving?
    Hey Allie Pallie,
    We went on holidays this morning.. Slept beautifully this morning and then this afternoon while driving he barely slept at all now he's over tired and doesn't want to sleep bit sad with him being so upset by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Still trying to get him to sleep at 11:30pm he's been on and off since 12:00pm! It can't be healthy for him wrapping him hasn't worked because the weather is a lot warmer then he's used to so he's too hot. My partner is coming down with something he's got no voice I'm dead on my feet I've been up since 1am not the start to the first family trip I expected and wanted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmyN View Post
    Still trying to get him to sleep at 11:30pm he's been on and off since 12:00pm! It can't be healthy for him wrapping him hasn't worked because the weather is a lot warmer then he's used to so he's too hot. My partner is coming down with something he's got no voice I'm dead on my feet I've been up since 1am not the start to the first family trip I expected and wanted
    You poor thing!! Have you tried co sleeping just until he is completely asleep then moving him. Babies just don't like warm weather. My DS hates anything above 30 which is a pain because we live in mildura and during summer it's regularly above 40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS has reflux (not the silent kind, he's a chucker) and this sounds exactly like him. He slept really well at night but fought it during the day. One day he was awake from 5am - 10pm!! And was screaming most days.

Losec has helped so much, huge difference. Please be careful with infant gaviscon. I was advised to give him that too & it was terrible advice as it really bunged him up. It's a feed thickener to stop them throwing up (so if he's not a chucker I can't see what it will do for him), but it also "thickens" their poo.
    Mylanta is the one I've heard to use for diagnostic purposes. It is a cooling antacid. That's NOT how Infant Gaviscon works at all. None of these helped my DS, but the Losec did.

The GP was very reluctant to diagnose reflux and just told me to wait until our paed appointment at 9 weeks. You might need to see a paed. Good luck!
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 08-04-2014 at 07:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    My DS has reflux (not the silent kind, he's a chucker) and this sounds exactly like him. He slept really well at night but fought it during the day. One day he was awake from 5am - 10pm!! And was screaming most days.

Losec has helped so much, huge difference. Please be careful with infant gaviscon. I was advised to give him that too & it was terrible advice as it really bunged him up. It's a feed thickener to stop them throwing up (so if he's not a chucker I can see what it will do for him), but it also "thickens" their poo.
    Mylanta is the one I've heard to use for diagnostic purposes. It is a cooling antacid. That's NOT how Infant Gaviscon works at all. None of these helped my DS, but the Losec did.

The GP was very reluctant to diagnose reflux and just told me to wait until our paed appointment at 9 weeks. You might need to see a paed. Good luck!
    Maybe all reflux babies silent or not just have the same temperament lol. Infant gaviscon didn't help us either. I use a feed thickener my DS doesn't chuck but refluxs in his throat and chest numerous times a day then gulps it back down that's what silent reflux is they also get very mucousy throats and makes it hard for them to feed that's where thickened helps silent reflux babies.