+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmyN View Post
    He does like the car but lately it hasn't helped him unless we drive for ages n by lately I mean in the last 2 weeks since he's gotten really bad.

    Today everytime he's fallen asleep I've tried to get him into bed n he wakes instantly
    Same problem here 5 mins after I.leave the room his screaming for me a if we stop at traffic lights or slow for a.round about his screaming again.

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked
    786
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, if we slow doe he starts crying until we accelerate again..
    yeah I usually let him sleep for about half hour to make sure he's out. But he somehow wakes up.. .. I've tried patting him to sleep but if he does fall asleep it's literally 10 minutes.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked
    786
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    N I think half the problem is we let him get into a deep sleep but his sleeps are so short that by the time we put him into bed he's already waking up

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmyN View Post
    N I think half the problem is we let him get into a deep sleep but his sleeps are so short that by the time we put him into bed he's already waking up
    Yeah same here babies in pain tend to catnap

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked
    786
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone, he had a 3 hour sleep yesterday! It was in our bed while my partner woke up from night shift (DS was happy so we let him be n checked regularly) that's the best sleep he's had in around 2 weeks. And he slept through the night. Hope he has another sleep today! I need to get things ready for us to go away!

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Hi! I feel your pain. My son was identical to this, two 20 minute sleeps per day, on me, from birth til 7 months!!! My poor son screamed, constantly. Even in the car and pram! He had silent reflux. I went to 7 doctors before one would agree with me. Most laughed. He got prescribed losec and it helped (baby gaviscon didn't work). Also I used a love to dream Swaddle which is amazing and keeps hands up. I didn't have to use the losec for long either which was good. Funny thing was, he would go down at night well and everything I read said reflux babies would be worse at night!! All the best, I know how exhausting it is.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,351
    Thanks
    5,878
    Thanked
    4,888
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmyN View Post
    Thanks everyone, he had a 3 hour sleep yesterday! It was in our bed while my partner woke up from night shift (DS was happy so we let him be n checked regularly) that's the best sleep he's had in around 2 weeks. And he slept through the night. Hope he has another sleep today! I need to get things ready for us to go away!
    That is fantastic! Yay for you! Sounds like the lactose in his formula could have been the culprit, silent reflux is often caused by food intolerances as they produce the acid that burns their esophagus.

    Keep persisting, I hope this is the solution and a 6 week old sleeping through! Double awesome!!!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked
    786
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm hoping it works! If he has one big sleep I'm happy. Small victories !
    You guys have been excellent! It's great to have so many people offering advice, I don't feel so alone with it now you guys are amazing!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

    LiterallyNoOne  (04-04-2014)

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
    Hi! I feel your pain. My son was identical to this, two 20 minute sleeps per day, on me, from birth til 7 months!!! My poor son screamed, constantly. Even in the car and pram! He had silent reflux. I went to 7 doctors before one would agree with me. Most laughed. He got prescribed losec and it helped (baby gaviscon didn't work). Also I used a love to dream Swaddle which is amazing and keeps hands up. I didn't have to use the losec for long either which was good. Funny thing was, he would go down at night well and everything I read said reflux babies would be worse at night!! All the best, I know how exhausting it is.
    Could have written that word for word lol

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    That is fantastic! Yay for you! Sounds like the lactose in his formula could have been the culprit, silent reflux is often caused by food intolerances as they produce the acid that burns their esophagus.

    Keep persisting, I hope this is the solution and a 6 week old sleeping through! Double awesome!!!
    You need to become a paed lol because all the paeds and doctors here refuse to listen if u ask if it could be a food intolerance

    Sent from my LG-D802T using The Bub Hub mobile app


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dummy Nightmare
    By Blossom88 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-01-2014, 09:47
  2. Nightmare child...
    By Tiredmama2 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-08-2013, 21:56
  3. Daycare nightmare!
    By LollyDolly in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 07:35

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
The Health Hub & Glowing Expectations
Glowing Expectations is conveniently located at The Health Hub in Darlinghurst. We offer pre & post natal personal training, small group pregnancy exercise classes, flexible mums & bubs sessions, massage, & naturopathy in our air-conditioned studio.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!