+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 9 month old eats anything!

Breakfast ideas - savoury muffins, scrambled eggs, porridge, fruit toast, Weetbix, toast with Vegemite or cheese or avocado or creamed corn, pancakes (I make them sugar free), yoghurt. Any breakfast I give I also give a piece of fruit (banana, plum, pear etc.)

Lunch ideas - sandwiches (toasted or normal), vege sticks, poached chicken, cheese, fruit, leftovers, quiche, broccoli nuggets, fritters, frittatas

Dinner ideas - spaghetti, meatballs, risottos, lamb cutlets, chicken, strips of steak, stir frys and I always serve with veg, cucumber sticks, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the other comments, so please forgive me if these suggestions have already been mentioned.

We opted for BLW with my dd, she has rarely had purée. You will be surprised how hard their gums are and just how much they can actually chew with them!

Here are some options I like to feed my dd during the day:

- vegetable hash browns (grated vegetable of your choice - I usually do zucchini, carrot & sweet potato, add a little flour and egg... Fry like a pancake
    - savory muffins
    - finger sandwiches - my dd loves avocado, other options are banana, Vegemite and peanut butter
    - corn on the cob is a huge hit at our house
    - mini platter with bits of ham, grated cheese, cherry tomatoes and fresh fruit
    - cruskits with peanut butter
    - frozen fruit, great if they are teething, my dd LOVES her frozen blueberries and watermelon
    - omelettes
    - pita bread pizzas with ham, cheese and pineapple
    - homemade icy poles, I do a plain watermelon and a mango, blueberry and banana one.
    - yoghurt with added fruit pieces.

For dinner she eats whatever we eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by withlovesiobhan View Post
    Oh wow my poor baby has been deprived of all these foods!

What about choking though? I worry alot and also cooking methods and utensils how sterile do I need to be? Don't laugh at me :/
    We just did a first aid course and the instructor was very helpful especially with recognising choking.
    There is a big difference between gagging, coughing something up & actually choking.
    Noise. Choking is silent - as in no air is getting in if they have inhaled something and obstructed the airways.

9/10 they are coughing which means they are sorting themselves out by moving the food back up to spit out or try again. If this is case let baby cough, don't panic, don't slap their backs and don't offer water as this may worsen the situation.

They quickly learn the gagging reflex and what does and doesn't fit in their mouths. It's all apart of eating and growing.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

PinkPrint  (02-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia81 View Post
    At 8 months your bub is probably licking the floor, so I'm sure your cooking methods and utensil cleaning are perfectly fine.
    Laughing out loud! So true!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    There is a big difference between gagging, coughing something up & actually choking.
    Noise. Choking is silent - as in no air is getting in if they have inhaled something and obstructed the airways..
    Yes, same with drowning. It's silent. Two important things to know as a parent. And two things usually misrepresented in film & TV.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all the great ideas!

Another question, can I cook with cows milk for my baby? and does it need to be full cream?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes and yes. Doesn't have to be full cream but it's preferred. You can use milk to mix cereals or add to solids just don't need to offer a full bottle just yet.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

PinkPrint  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!

I gave DD some bread cut into strips today which she really liked and liked playing with it but here I was worrying the whole time so I kept breaking it up even smaller ha ha.... I'll get better.
    I kept checking her mouth and she didn't seem to be swallowing it straight away I could see it sitting on her tongue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg... I'm still feeding purees... lol. Going to have to give her some more options lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Butterscotch; 04-04-2014 at 10:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the great ideas on this thread. I give bub both mashed and finger foods. Ideas are: mashed banana and frozen berries
    Strips of omelette/scrambled egg
    Toast fingers
    Whole wheat banana pancakes
    All sorts of veges mashed up
    Some finger food veges eg soft cooked potato and carrot strips, broccoli floret

Often our dinner can be quite spicy so I mix this up with yogurt to cool down the spice - eg mince mixed with yogurt.

As I'm not sure how much she actually eats with finger foods, she gets organic baby porridge at night mixed with half cow's milk and water so that she is at least a bit full before bed.