+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Meal Ideas for 8 Month Old

I'm not sure if I am giving my baby enough variety of foods? I have been making all my own purees but am unsure of textures etc she can have and what foods not to give her; she doesn't have any teeth yet.

What are some good meal ideas for my 8 month old?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My DS is 9 months old, but we dont do puree.

He has no teeth yet hut he eats basically whatever we eat. Spaghetti bolognaise is a huge winner, as is corned beef & veg. He also loves beef goulash and rice, I make it in the slow cooker so the meat falls apart and he has no trouble at all eating it.

Lunches are cruskits, rice cakes or sandwich with things like avocado, cream cheese or even a thick pumpkin and leek puree spread over them.

Breakfast is natural greek yoghurt with muesli, weetbix with hot water and milk with some mango puree, or overnight oats. He's also had scrambled eggs and also an omlette as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

debsch  (02-04-2014),Piyamj  (04-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I do similar meals to peanutmonkey.

DD loves fruit, she will happily eat a whole slice of watermelon or rockmelon, if you cut to the right size she can hold it and munch away with no teeth. She likes frozen berries in the net holder.

Last night she had roast pumpkin, potato and sweet potato. If the outside isn't too hard she can it by herself. She has also had broccollini and cauliflower as they have 'handles' and she can munch away.

Provided the foods aren't too small or hard, by 8 months she should be able to handle most things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Oh another awesome option is fried rice or risotto. I just pop it on the high chair tray and let him go to town, he loves it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Corn on the cob ( they will gum for ages!)

Grilled lamb cutlet - easy to hold and they gum off little pieces and suck the juices

Spaghetti is great at that age - I used to just add smashed peas and ricotta to hot pasta ( will be messy!)

Egg pancake - 1 egg mixed with herbs or chopped tomato/ mushrooms , cook in mini frypan ( the size of a pancake) and cut into fingers , easy to hold and soft and mushy

Rice cakes with avocado or almond butter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh yes corn is a favourite here, he also had a lamb chop last night for the first time and he absolutely loved it, he kept giggling while he was sucking on it, little carnivore!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow my poor baby has been deprived of all these foods!

What about choking though? I worry alot and also cooking methods and utensils how sterile do I need to be? Don't laugh at me :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At 8 months your bub is probably licking the floor, so I'm sure your cooking methods and utensil cleaning are perfectly fine.

I blw both my kids, finger foods only from about 5 1/2 months onwards and some gagging and coughing but never choking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia81 View Post
    At 8 months your bub is probably licking the floor, so I'm sure your cooking methods and utensil cleaning are perfectly fine.

I blw both my kids, finger foods only from about 5 1/2 months onwards and some gagging and coughing but never choking.
    Yep! and trying to stick the dogs feet in her mouth.

Okay thank you, I am going to be a bit more adventurous.