+ Reply to Thread

Default Holding your breath bad?

Hi ladies, really stupid question (in fact it's probably a bit embarrassing!), but I work in the city and park at a multi-storey car park. The car fumes are really bad in the car park and I often have to hold my breath (sometimes up to around 20 seconds or so) because I'm paranoid about breathing in the fumes. Same when I come across a group of smokers!! Is it bad for the baby to hold your breath in for too long? This suddenly occurred to me and I thought I might be doing some sort of damage and starving it of oxygen. I feel this is a silly question but I'm going through that stage where I'm anxious about everything that I'm doing may be potentially dangerous.

Brisbane, Queensland.
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not a silly question. I felt the same! But during a routine ob appointment she asked me to hold my breath for a moment. I'm not sure jet but guessing it must not be harmful to bubs then?

Similar Threads

1. Breath-Holding Spell
    By Lauzy in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-11-2013, 16:49
  2. Holding onto poo.
    By Bergeron in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 17-10-2013, 19:46
  3. Blinking and holding breath
    By Shesaid in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 5