+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (02-04-2014),ChickyBee  (02-04-2014),Chippa  (02-04-2014),Mod-biscotti  (02-04-2014),ozeymumof5  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Same can be said for other professions such as police officers for example.
    i don't mean this with any offence to any person or profession, just providing information. As far as I know (unless it has changed) police receive 8 weeks paid holidays a year as it is deemed necessary for them to help them cope with the stress of the job. I think this is an excellent idea and I feel it should apply to all jobs like teaching, DOCS workers, doctors/nursing (especially something like ED, ICU, oncology etc where you see people die regularly) and ambulance medics.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Smyles  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    i don't mean this with any offence to any person or profession, just providing information. As far as I know (unless it has changed) police receive 8 weeks paid holidays a year as it is deemed necessary for them to help them cope with the stress of the job. I think this is an excellent idea and I feel it should apply to all jobs like teaching, DOCS workers, doctors/nursing (especially something like ED, ICU, oncology etc where you see people die regularly) and ambulance medics.
    Not in nsw they don't.
    From the PANSW-
    Annual leave on full pay will accrue at the rate of 228 hours (6 weeks) for non commissioned officers and 190 hours (5 weeks) for commissioned officers, or at the rate of 228 hours (6 weeks) if the officer qualifies for 3 or more additional working days, and where an officer is regularly rostered to work shift work on Sundays and public holidays. If you are on a default roster working Monday – Friday you are entitled to 4 weeks (152 hours) and are free from work on gazetted public holidays.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, exactly - I've already said that. I said in a previous post that the careers that really mean something never get paid what they are worth. Nurses, police officers, teachers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Same can be said for other professions such as police officers for example.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to pop in and say that teachers are my heroes and there isn't enough money in the world to pay them what they are worth to our children, our society, and our future

*** "Daddy, toast, hat" ***