+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAK View Post
    This person has got to be a troll.

I mean, they have GOT to be a troll.

Nobody in their right mind thinks that way, right? No offence, but that is ridiculous. OP why don't you change schools, or classes, if the teacher isn't the right fit?

DS has had his share of bad teachers, he is special needs though and I know they struggle as his condition doesn't get funding for an aide. We started the year with a teacher that had both of us in tears as the week would end. So I understand being frustrated with ONE teacher. But now DS has changed classes, and his teacher is absolutely lovely. Maybe the other teacher was lovely too, but both her parents had just died, so maybe it was good for everybody that a high needs child transferred out of her classroom.

What it doesn't give you the right to do is tar the whole profession and say that teachers have it easy. They work incredibly hard, and they are NOT striking for pay.

I'm going to go away now and just believe this thread was April's Fools.
    Thought the same @ZAK. At least I'm hoping it's a troll!

Thanks
    Reviews
    REALLY?!

Oh my. Did you reply to that facebook post?

This is exactly why I deleted my fb account. I like my bubble.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I fully support our teachers sacrificing a paid day of work, and potentially THEIR jobs, to fight for better conditions for OUR children. Wake up Colin!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrabbyCrabby For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-04-2014),ZAK  (01-04-2014)

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're interested in how much money your school has had cut, this Web page is handy.

http://www.markmcgowan.com.au/edcuts

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrabbyCrabby For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-04-2014),ZAK  (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My best friend is an 'overpaid teacher'. She just sent me a text as she's still writing reports at 1:00am. She is actually one of the better paid teachers, earning $100k a year as an AP (at the local public school). I personally think she earns every cent she is paid. She also stands in solidarity with early childhood teachers who also work their butts off & can only dream of earning $100k/pa. I am lucky to have some of my best friends be teachers & damn good ones who are passionate about education. We need to care for our teachers & keep the good ones in the job. Our future depends on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I one if those damn lazy teachers. I was at school by 7.30. Didn't get a lunch break because I was on duty. Didn't get a morning tea break because I setting up for my next activity before the kids got in. I didn't get to pee until 3.30 once the kids left for the day. Then I had after school activities group till 5. Managed to go home for 1/2 hour then came back to school at 6 for a meeting at 6.30 which finished at 830.

I hope that I was ok that I sat down to dinner with my husband at 9pm then went to bed after checking my emails and daily planners for the next day. I finally crashed amd went to bed at 11?

And teachers work from 8-4?

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lubelu2 For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (02-04-2014),beebs  (02-04-2014),Chippa  (02-04-2014),ozeymumof5  (02-04-2014),PomPoms  (02-04-2014),Wally90  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    But this is exactly what I am talking about. I don't think anyone is saying that teachers get paid poorly, more they are doing such important work they should be paid more. Their work is far more important than a miner. I'm not trying to be insulting - I am neither a miner or teacher, but surely teachers are so incredibly important - they are our kids future! And, they shouldn't be copping flack for trying to help our kids.
    Same can be said for other professions such as police officers for example.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It disturbs me there are really people out there as stupid as this!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-04-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Same can be said for other professions such as police officers for example.
    I support any bodies right to strike for better conditions, funding etc. (I couldn't even bring myself to be annoyed that the gondoliers were striking on the one day that I was in Venice). I believe that the workers themselves often feel powerless to influence the situation and by walking of the job they are able to demonstrate the importance of their role.

It makes me sad to see people deny how hard teachers work. Seems we expect them to educate, protect our children from bullies, be alert to a child who needs to be protection from their own home, walk the very fine line of managing departmental and parental expectations alk while still managing to smile for the kids and then to have people turn on them and tell them they have no right to demand beget for the school system in the only way that will be heard, and begrudge them flexible working conditions that are the norm in most other industries.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

beebs  (02-04-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (02-04-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure how to do this but thought I'd share
    teachers.jpg

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

babyla  (02-04-2014),ChickyBee  (02-04-2014),GlitterFarts  (02-04-2014),Mod-biscotti  (02-04-2014),ozeymumof5  (02-04-2014)