+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving to 1 nap a day

When did your little one transition to one nap a day?

My DD2 is nearly 15 months and I think she is transitioning to one nap. She is getting harder to put down for her afternoon nap.

I don't remember how and when my first daughter changed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember when my eldest dropped down to one day nap but my 11 month old is now only sleeping once a day. He's never been a good sleeper though, he prefers to be awake with his older brother!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It was around the time DD turned 1. I remember her refusing her morning nap on the day of her birthday party and she was super cranky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was really surprised - around 13 months and I thought it would be much later. DD for a constant week wouldn't have a second nap - she would just have quiet time in her cot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Around 15/16 months I think... and it took about a month. For a while I didn't know if he would need one or two naps. If he woke up early I would try for two, if he woke late he'd go for one long nap. Now, at 19 months, he only has one nap around lunch time unless he is ill, like a few days ago. Poor bunny had two long naps that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd was 15mths when she (I) moved to one day sleep. She was happily doing 2x 2hr sleeps but I got sick of being home all morning for that morning sleep!
    Ds was starting to stay up longer from 12mths. He is not a very good day napper, would prefer to be up with his sister mucking around. He will sleep 50mins -1hr and be in bed by 6.30. he is 15mths old.