+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Jon's father was Dany's older brother so she is his Aunty. Given that I would say she is the one with most claim to the throne. I also think Jon won't want it. I predict in the final season that it will be the same set up as the beginning with the Starks being the head House of the North but recognising the Iron throne as the one ruler. I sadly think Jon and Dany will together fight the White Walkers, Jon will die and Sansa will take Winterfell.

Arya - the pie was brilliant I was cheering, it was so fitting.

I think Jamie will believe that Tommen killed himself but will blame her. Their son killed himself bc of what she did and who died. I don't believe Cersei will die at jamie's hands but I tip he will shift sides against her and be with tyrion.

And I'm also loving the strength of the female characters! Even Cersei. But now all her children are dead, the only ones and things she has ever really loved, she will go completely mad. She is a horrible woman but she adored her kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That was a great episode. Music was on point.

Poor Tommen. I felt so bad for him. He was just a toy in everyone else's game...including Cercei's. And after seeing the sept burn with most of the people he cared for dying...and knowing his mum did it, but feeling like it was his own fault, that no matter what he did, he could never have any control...his suicide was the only choice he ever made that he was sure of. No hesitation, no fear, taking off the crown so he could die as just a boy. It was heartbreaking. He could never be an effective king because his heart was too gentle and too kind. RIP Tommen, you were too sweet for that world.

I'm assuming from the way Jaime looked at Cercei when he came back from the Riverlands was one of hatred. She has become the thing he killed 20 years earlier. The thread she's hanging by will last a while, but I think ultimately Jaime will kill her. She not only slaughtered her own family, but was the indirect cause of Tommen's suicide.

I knew it was Arya as soon as she gave Jaime that strange look. Especially since I accidentally came across a photo of her in Fray-style clothing so I knew where she was. That was epic. And also a throw back to the foreshadowing a few seasons ago where it was mentioned that a rat was fed his own children in a pie after they killed someone who was a guest in their home.

Sansa has smartened up. I don't think she was upset that Jon was named King in the North, since the conversation before hand was how she saw him as a Stark rather than a *******. I do think she may have a disappointed that no one acknowledged her calling upon the vale and saving the day at the last minute. I appreciated her apology to Jon for not telling him about the Knights. I still think she doesn't trust anyone, not even Jon, but I do think she will put more thought into her decisions. Yay for her seeing through LF's cr@p. I think she will be his downfall. At least I hope so.

Dany has finally set sail for Westeros. Apparently there were Tyrell ships in her fleet if you look closely. And Dornish ones, too?

Tyrion being named as Hand of the Queen because he deserves it and for no other reason...pulled on the heartstrings.

Farewell, 2nd Daario Neharis...the first one was better anyway XD

Samwell was like "Gilly, I will never leave y...LIBRARY BYE!"

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (28-06-2016),MUG81  (28-06-2016),Summer  (28-06-2016),witherwings  (28-06-2016),wobbleyhorse  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post

Samwell was like "Gilly, I will never leave y...LIBRARY BYE!"
    He was having a total nerdgasm 😅

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Jon's father was Dany's older brother so she is his Aunty. Given that I would say she is the one with most claim to the throne. I also think Jon won't want it. I predict in the final season that it will be the same set up as the beginning with the Starks being the head House of the North but recognising the Iron throne as the one ruler. I sadly think Jon and Dany will together fight the White Walkers, Jon will die and Sansa will take Winterfell.

Arya - the pie was brilliant I was cheering, it was so fitting.

I think Jamie will believe that Tommen killed himself but will blame her. Their son killed himself bc of what she did and who died. I don't believe Cersei will die at jamie's hands but I tip he will shift sides against her and be with tyrion.

And I'm also loving the strength of the female characters! Even Cersei. But now all her children are dead, the only ones and things she has ever really loved, she will go completely mad. She is a horrible woman but she adored her kids
    No as far as I can tell - when the King dies the crown goes to his son (Rheagar) and when Rheagar died it goes to his children.

The crown would have gone to his legitimate children however when they died Jon would have been next in line. Only when there are no children does the crown then go to Rhaegars siblings (Dany)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (28-06-2016),delirium  (28-06-2016),Frankenmum  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post

Poor Tommen. I felt so bad for him. He was just a toy in everyone else's game...including Cercei's. And after seeing the sept burn with most of the people he cared for dying...and knowing his mum did it, but feeling like it was his own fault, that no matter what he did, he could never have any control...his suicide was the only choice he ever made that he was sure of. No hesitation, no fear, taking off the crown so he could die as just a boy. It was heartbreaking. He could never be an effective king because his heart was too gentle and too kind. RIP Tommen, you were too sweet for that world.
    This is a really good summation. I've been reading online today at the reactions of Tommen and a lot believe he did it bc Margeory died. But it runs way deeper than that. This was a huge deception by Cersei and further proof to Tommen that he was an ineffectual King. He didn't intervene for his mother in her walk of atonement. Now he he wasn't able to intervene in his wife and other's deaths at the hands of his mother while he was held captive in his room like a child. He killed himself out of guilt and the belief he would never have any control ruling or in his life generally with Cersei.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    No as far as I can tell - when the King dies the crown goes to his son (Rheagar) and when Rheagar died it goes to his children.

The crown would have gone to his legitimate children however when they died Jon would have been next in line. Only when there are no children does the crown then go to Rhaegars siblings (Dany)
    Interesting! I still don't think Jon will want the throne. Much like Theon he will step aside and allow another to rule.

For those that have read the books - it's been hinted online in GoT fan circles that Rhaegar and Lyanna were actually in love, but given the politics of the time and her betrothal to Robert who she didn't want to marry, the kidnapping was a rouse for the couple to be together.

What does the book hint towards? Kidnapping or real love?
    Last edited by delirium; 28-06-2016 at 14:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting! I still don't think Jon will want the throne. Much like Theon he will step aside and allow another to rule.

For those that have read the books - it's been hinted online in GoT fan circles that Rhaegar and Lyanna were actually in love, but given the politics of the time and her betrothal to Robert who she didn't want to marry, the kidnapping was a rouse for the couple to be together.

You never saw either character's POV but he apparently gave her a rose after winning a tourney and other such romantic gestures, whether she was into him as well I'm not sure. Am leaning towards a genuine relationship as that gives Jon more legitimacy, and also explains why she would be so protective of him.

Thanks
    Reviews

Leaning more towards real love, I think. When you factor in how Ser Barristan describes Rhaegar in season...3 or 4? insinuating he was a genuinely good person, I can't really picture him kidnapping and raping her. I think him taking her to the Tower Of Joy is another hint that it was love rather than force. I hope it was anyway...

Regarding Jon's right to the throne...yes he is Rhaegar's son, but he's also still a *******, as far as we know and ******** have no claim to the throne, unless they are legitimized. So I would guess that Dany has more of a right than Jon since she is considered full Targ. I mean if we go by the theory of non-legitimate children having right to the throne, if the theory that Tyrion is the child of the Mad King and Joanna Lannister is correct than he has a right to it as well. Really, the throne is technically up for grabs since no one likes Cercei and let's face it, she will definitely die. It will either be taken by someone considered a legit Targ or someone with Targ blood. Honestly, the only one who wants to rule Westeros at this stage is Dany. Euron is her only competition other than Cercei and I doubt he will end up ruling anything in the end.

Although the showrunners could throw a spanner in the works to make up for being a bit predictable this season.

EDITED FOR ERRORS IN NAMES AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE
    Last edited by hopeful1986; 28-06-2016 at 15:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I have to ask a stupid question - but it's been driving me insane.

How did Cersei end up queen exactly? She doesn't have a claim to it, does she? Or is just a case of "well, no one else is here and I'm the queen mother so it's mine?"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Sorry, I have to ask a stupid question - but it's been driving me insane.

How did Cersei end up queen exactly? She doesn't have a claim to it, does she? Or is just a case of "well, no one else is here and I'm the queen mother so it's mine?"
    This is exactly what I was asking dh last night and neither of us had a clue. I'm confused about it too.