+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also - did you guys recognise Essie from Play School as Lady Crane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    After Tommen had announced the bit about no trial by combat anymore, Cersei asked her maester about rumors and if they were true.... What rumors??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    After Tommen had announced the bit about no trial by combat anymore, Cersei asked her maester about rumors and if they were true.... What rumors??
    Dh says about wildfyre being kept underneath the red keep. I couldnt remember either

Eta - DH reckons she'll set the sept alight with wildfyre.
    Last edited by smallpotatoes; 13-06-2016 at 21:24.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (14-06-2016),Shebes  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Disappointed with the writers for what they did with Arya. It made little sense and they've basically cheapened her storyline. Honestly, it wouldn't have taken much to do it right. I stuck up for them regarding her being stabbed in the stomach, but I just can't justify it. Now she's running around the city with a wound that would most likely be fatal? And the waif who is supposed to be a skilled assassin runs through the streets for everyone to see. I just can't. I mean, I enjoyed the action...the scene was fun to watch, but they were so disloyal with Arya's character and her story.

We didn't even get to see Blackfish fight!! All that set up for nothing. It would have been so much more satisfying if he left with Brienne and Podrick. To, you know, fight for his family. But he decided to stay for a lost cause. He died for nothing.

I have to say, though, I did like the Dany/Mereen scene. When she walks through the door and they're all like "OMG thank god mum's back"and she's all like "WTF did you kids do to my city". I want to see how that plays out even though I am over Mereen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what happened in the books with Ayra then? I agree about the stab wounds. She would have died for sure.... Unrealistic!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    So what happened in the books with Ayra then? I agree about the stab wounds. She would have died for sure.... Unrealistic!
    The books haven't gotten this far yet. The last thing GRRM wrote about arya in the books is that she got her eyesight back. Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been years since I read them..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    Disappointed with the writers for what they did with Arya. It made little sense and they've basically cheapened her storyline. Honestly, it wouldn't have taken much to do it right. I stuck up for them regarding her being stabbed in the stomach, but I just can't justify it. Now she's running around the city with a wound that would most likely be fatal? And the waif who is supposed to be a skilled assassin runs through the streets for everyone to see. I just can't. I mean, I enjoyed the action...the scene was fun to watch, but they were so disloyal with Arya's character and her story.

We didn't even get to see Blackfish fight!! All that set up for nothing. It would have been so much more satisfying if he left with Brienne and Podrick. To, you know, fight for his family. But he decided to stay for a lost cause. He died for nothing.

I have to say, though, I did like the Dany/Mereen scene. When she walks through the door and they're all like "OMG thank god mum's back"and she's all like "WTF did you kids do to my city". I want to see how that plays out even though I am over Mereen.
    I agree with everything here.

There were bits of this episode though that I thoroughly enjoyed - pretty much all 3 seconds of bronn and all the zingers he delivered, and equally awesome dialogue from the hound. God he was good!!! I also loved watching the faith militant freak out when they realised the mountain was going to be defending cersei. And finally, FINALLY a girl is arya stark. Thank you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Games of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I agree with everything here.

There were bits of this episode though that I thoroughly enjoyed - pretty much all 3 seconds of bronn and all the zingers he delivered, and equally awesome dialogue from the hound. God he was good!!! I also loved watching the faith militant freak out when they realised the mountain was going to be defending cersei. And finally, FINALLY a girl is arya stark. Thank you!
    Same here.

I found it anti climatic that we didn't see Blackfish die or the fight between Arya and the waif, and that Arya was basically fine after being stabbed by a skilled assassin. Also Daneyrs rocking up in the nick of time I have been finding the plot lines and outcomes quite predictable so the shock and excitement isn't there this season (similar to last season).
    However I'm very excited for next weeks episode... Good to see cersei finally stepping up and getting her violence on (Tommen is soooo lame) and looking forward to some casualties at Winterfell (hopefully- does that sound sick?).
    And I do love the Hound. I'm heals more excited for him to be back over Jon snow lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Kristyj  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I want to see Ramsey die painfully. It would be so satisfying. And I'm kind of scared because this season HAS been predictable for the most part, something shocking and very sad will happen in the next episode. And I'm hoping so much that it isn't Sansa or Jon dying. Because the Starks have been through enough and it's about time they had a victory. I know that in itself is predictable, but oh well. The Starks need a win somewhere in all this. I suspect Littlefinger will show up with the Knights of the Vale halfway through the battle or something. I'm so curious to find out who he meets up with in that snippet of the trailer. Is it Ramsey? Umber? Sansa? People have speculated that Umber is still loyal to the Starks. And I swear if that wolf's head was actually Shaggydog I'll be annoyed because that head is in no way big enough to belong to a direwolf. It'll be as bad as Arya magically becoming right handed for 15 seconds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My money is on Brienne having to kill Jamie...