+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    According to the wiki for the books, no.

Attachment 70827
    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie Stackedhouse View Post
    No no spoiler from me. I'm not a book reader yet and don't go looking. Just an opinion.
    Cool thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are we all going to pass the time until season 6 starts!
    All I can say is - go Arya!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbeysquiggly For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going to try to read the books again. Never got passed the first half of the first one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got barely a couple of chapters into the first one. I found it hard reading something I'd already watched. I really want to read them, but I don't want to start at the beginning :/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Book readers - I don't want to read all the books, but I would like to read the most recent one. If I were to read just the most recent book having only watched the series and not read the previous books, will I be able to follow it properly or would it be stupid?
    The last two books cover the same time period but with different characters so reading just the last one you'll get Tyrion and Jon Snow etc. The one before you'll get Dorne and the Greyjoys and the red keep. You should be fine as long as you can piece together where the show has merged characters. And you'll get a really interesting couple of plot lines that haven't been seen in the show for some reason.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (17-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Sally1981 ! So I should read both of those 2 books then? What are the names of them? Will try to download to my ipad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    The last two books cover the same time period but with different characters so reading just the last one you'll get Tyrion and Jon Snow etc. The one before you'll get Dorne and the Greyjoys and the red keep. You should be fine as long as you can piece together where the show has merged characters. And you'll get a really interesting couple of plot lines that haven't been seen in the show for some reason.
    Can you say "Lady Stoneheart"? I haven't read the books so I only just found out about her and I'm so miffed she's not in the TV series. I won't explain who she is, so those who haven't read the books don't get it spoiled. They can Google if they want to.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (18-06-2015),FrothyFrog  (18-06-2015),Sookie Stackedhouse  (18-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Thank you @Sally1981 ! So I should read both of those 2 books then? What are the names of them? Will try to download to my ipad
    It's probably a good idea, although book 4 was my least favourite. Book 5 was awesome. I was in labour while I was reading it, trying to ignore the fact that my contractions were getting closer because I wanted to finish it (sad, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Can you say "Lady Stoneheart"? I haven't read the books so I only just found out about her and I'm so miffed she's not in the TV series. I won't explain who she is, so those who haven't read the books don't get it spoiled. They can Google if they want to.
    There's that one and another one. I don't want to say anymore in case they bring the character in later. If they don't bring them in then it's actually the show that's been a massive spoiler for the books for once

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read that the actress who plays cersei used a body double for the shame walk. I didn't notice when I watched it. Did you guys notice it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    I just read that the actress who plays cersei used a body double for the shame walk. I didn't notice when I watched it. Did you guys notice it?
    At the time I didn't notice it at all. I have read several articles complaining about how badly done it was, so I'm obviously not paying enough attention!