+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always thought she had a hidden agenda when she pursued Rob for some reason...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishimojin View Post
    That particular scene does not happen at all in the book.

The character of Talisa does not exist in the books, she is included just to flesh out the romantic side of life for Robb Stark for the series. I thought the red wedding was brutal enough without that particular inclusion but they had to get rid of her somehow I guess.
    Talia replaced Jeyne Westerling. Disappointing as some scenes I enjoyed that happen later in the books will now be completely different, but I don't think that it'll change anything plot wise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    Talia replaced Jeyne Westerling. Disappointing as some scenes I enjoyed that happen later in the books will now be completely different, but I don't think that it'll change anything plot wise.
    Yep, understood she replaced Jeyne who actually survived the red wedding and was pregnant. George Martin must have been ok with the switch as he is quite involved with the series.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My point I guess was the Robb/ Jeyne relationship was hardly explored in the books whereas the Robb/ Talisa relationship was all hot and heavy for the series.

I suppose they had to give such a good looking actor some sexy scenes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishimojin View Post
    Yep, understood she replaced Jeyne who actually survived the red wedding and was pregnant. George Martin must have been ok with the switch as he is quite involved with the series.
    He is, which is brilliant. (and handy in that comparing the show to books helps me figure out what may be important in the long run. I obsess over this series lol) Also why I'm not too worried about the switch affecting important plot lines! Just disappointed that it means a scene I like won't play out on TV.

Thanks
    Reviews
    5 sleeps !

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 sleeps! Haha Feels like Christmas

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c386 For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (03-04-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c386 View Post
    Please delete if there is already a topic (tried searching). Can't believe there isn't one!
    Is anyone else counting the days till season 4 airs?
    Sooo excited! Hubby and I watched season 1-3 marathon styles to be back up to date.
    I haven't read the books but that's next on my agenda.
    Omg such a good idea

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes so excited but don't have to appropriate foxtel channel to watch it! Booooooo

I am currently on book 3 and finding it hard to keep up with all the characters that are missing from the show.....

Did I miss the "love" from Jorah in the show?? I was a bit shocked as he is portrayed as someone a lot older in the books.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a bit surprised, particularly on this forum, that when it comes to "favourite characters" no one has mentioned the two mothers -- Cersei and Catelyn -- who are in many ways mirror images of each other. Compelling, complex and wonderfully acted both.