+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spoiler alert!!! Sorry but can't not point this out.

I think it was the pie not the wine.
    I might be wrong but I could have sworn I saw a dead bird when they opened it and it looked like he was drinking the wine because he was already feeling something was wrong?
    If it was the wine I think the grandma would have done it. She is sneaky like that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rueblade View Post
    '

But with the marriage unconsummated would she get to be the queen still?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    '

But with the marriage unconsummated would she get to be the queen still?
    Fair point. But I suspect the Tyrells know about how all of Cersei's kids are not Robert Baratheon's. If Eddard worked it out, they probably have. So technically there is no real heir.

I haven't read any of the books so I may be way off track, but I still believe the Tyrells were responsible. It also fits with the grandmother saying to Sansa right before the death she needed to leave and come and stay with them. I think that's where she will be taken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DueInAugust View Post
    Spoiler alert!!! Sorry but can't not point this out.

I think it was the pie not the wine.
    I might be wrong but I could have sworn I saw a dead bird when they opened it and it looked like he was drinking the wine because he was already feeling something was wrong?
    If it was the wine I think the grandma would have done it. She is sneaky like that.

I agree about the pie too! I thought it was odd they had that little zoom in on the pie after. The Tyrells had the easiest access to the food but I really would have thought they would have waited to kill Joffrey after consummation of the marriage to make sure they sealed the deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Fair point. But I suspect the Tyrells know about how all of Cersei's kids are not Robert Baratheon's. If Eddard worked it out, they probably have. So technically there is no real heir..
    That would make Stannis the heir though still, rather than Joffrey's wife, since he is the brother of the last legitimate king.

Or with Joffrey dead would that make everyone assume his younger brother Tommen is the next heir. Then Margaery could just marry him (like King Henry Viii and Catherine of Aragon) to still become queen.
    Last edited by Rueblade; 20-04-2014 at 23:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree about the pie too! I thought it was odd they had that little zoom in on the pie after. The Tyrells had the easiest access to the food but I really would have thought they would have waited to kill Joffrey after consummation of the marriage to make sure they sealed the deal.
    If I recall correctly in the books it seems much more like it's the pie, and that it's possible he just choked rather than being poisoned - I may have misremembered that though. The dead bird was because of his hacking at the pie with his sword, which kind of showed how brutal he was, but agree that it was interesting how they lingered on the shot of the pie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    See I think it was Cersei - I know she's his mum but remember that exchange she had with that prince at the wedding how cut she was she would no longer be queen , plus she didn't want to marry Margareys brother - she knew Joffee was horrid and treated her like poo anyway so I'm thinking she did it, Margarey can't be queen as the marriage wasn't consummated and Cerseis youngest son is next in line but she would rule until he becomes of age ( and she can control him better!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Elijahs Mum omg I kind of thought that too.
    Can't wait for tonight !!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to c386 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I had not thought of that. Oh can't wait for tomorrow night.
    It is going to be on I hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ***SPOILER ALERT***
    (though I haven't read that far into the book)

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I believe it was the Tyrells.
    I think you are onto something based on where the cup was sitting just before the Joffery took the fatal sip, and the look on Lady Tyrell's face when he is handed the cup (I've watched that little section a few times).

But it seems to me there is a larger plot afoot. My curiosity was piqued by what seemed to be a pointless scene of Sir Dontas giving Sansa a necklace. Pointless, that is, until Sir Dontas urges Sansa to flee the moment the poisoning happens. Why must she go "now", and where?

Putting these two together, I then replayed the little scene where Lady Tyrrell talks to Sansa at the start of the wedding, fondling her hair and ...

Replay that scene and have a close look at the necklace when it is shown! So I think we have the who and the how!
    Last edited by JohnC; 21-04-2014 at 10:34.