Closed Thread
Page 86 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1741
  1. #851
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    oh my goodness, I just saw your quote, someone else who has had GD!!! Have you found Stimming has interfered with thyroid levels ? Am about to have mine tested tomorrow as I feel sooooo tired ! I had a complete thyrodectomy 9 years ago
    Oh wow, that sounds full on, how long did you have it before it was diagnosed? Why did they remove your thyroid, could it not be controlled by meds?

    I had hypothyroidism at first then developed graves disease just as I was doing my 4th stimulated cycle 2 years ago. I felt dreadful, sick and agitated, lost weight but put it down to the different IVF meds I was on, then I put it down to morning sickness. A few weeks after I got preggers I saw my thryroid doc and she picked up on it. I went on some meds and got it under control. Pregnancy apparently puts it into remission and it hasn't come back yet but I go in every 4 months to have it checked out, plus I am on meds for a slightly underactive thyroid now

    Stimming doesn't seem to interfere, I feel fine now and my levels seem to be ok.

  2. #852
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    375
    Thanks
    272
    Thanked
    156
    Reviews
    0
    @blossum1 yep 2 shots down, 1 to go (Wednesday), so far not too bad. I'm not sure if it's the Crinone or the Pregnyl but I've got a headache, I'm tired and have an upset tummy, but that's about it. Thanks for asking

    Sent from my GT-S5360T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  3. #853
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked
    285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nvandmv View Post
    @blossum1 yep 2 shots down, 1 to go (Wednesday), so far not too bad. I'm not sure if it's the Crinone or the Pregnyl but I've got a headache, I'm tired and have an upset tummy, but that's about it. Thanks for asking

    Sent from my GT-S5360T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    yep, had all that but glad it's manageable for you. It was the nausea that did me in!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

    nvandmv  (12-05-2014)

  5. #854
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked
    285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Oh wow, that sounds full on, how long did you have it before it was diagnosed? Why did they remove your thyroid, could it not be controlled by meds?

    I had hypothyroidism at first then developed graves disease just as I was doing my 4th stimulated cycle 2 years ago. I felt dreadful, sick and agitated, lost weight but put it down to the different IVF meds I was on, then I put it down to morning sickness. A few weeks after I got preggers I saw my thryroid doc and she picked up on it. I went on some meds and got it under control. Pregnancy apparently puts it into remission and it hasn't come back yet but I go in every 4 months to have it checked out, plus I am on meds for a slightly underactive thyroid now

    Stimming doesn't seem to interfere, I feel fine now and my levels seem to be ok.
    wow, how full on for you. Glad to hear your under control. No, i couldn't be controlled with meds, tried it all for three years but just couldn't get better, couldn't work, physically do hardly anything and after an emotional breakdown from it all realised i had to do something permanent as i was just too sick with it. It then took another two/three years to get stabilised with thyroxine and get strength back in body. It was an awful, awful time. Now i just have to be monitored in pregnancy really. Can still get tired easily but very manageable compared to 5 years of physical and emotional hell!

  6. #855
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,557
    Thanks
    1,655
    Thanked
    786
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @KayzB yay for AF finally arriving hun 😀
    @leyshoja hang in the tww hun, hope it goes quickly for you, FX

    @missalissa1987 glad AF arrived and you have started jabbing

    @kate124 hang in there hun and good luck, lots of baby dust

    @Fiona2 hope AF has arrived for you hun, it's seems all we ever do it wait. We are a patient bunch of ladies I tell ya
    @Wishing88 glad to hear you are feeling well after EPU hun & GL for transfer.

    @nvandmv how you doing hun?

    Lots of baby dust to all you lovely ladies

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

    JulieMalooley  (12-05-2014),missalissa1987  (12-05-2014)

  8. #856
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    375
    Thanks
    272
    Thanked
    156
    Reviews
    0
    @babygirl7 I'm doing ok thanks, feeling a bit blah from the Crinone and Pregnyl but doing pretty well. Hope things are going ok for you

    Sent from my GT-S5360T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. #857
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked
    99
    Reviews
    0
    @kate124 sorry about the BFN ugh hate that 1 stupid lonely line!
    @KayzB ahhh a D&C scratch to help implantation? How long will you be on BCP?
    @babygirl7 - Thanks for thinking of me! Earliest she will show is ThursdayWhere are you at cycle wise?

    I recommend POAS as early as 7dp5dt or 9dp3dt (12DPO) - most are faint lines by then (but not all). That being said I don't think I will ever POAS again after April's meltdown

  10. #858
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked
    99
    Reviews
    0
    Just curious - my FS won't do a beta until 11dp5dt (16dpo).

    When do you all have you betas after transfer?

  11. #859
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    wow, how full on for you. Glad to hear your under control. No, i couldn't be controlled with meds, tried it all for three years but just couldn't get better, couldn't work, physically do hardly anything and after an emotional breakdown from it all realised i had to do something permanent as i was just too sick with it. It then took another two/three years to get stabilised with thyroxine and get strength back in body. It was an awful, awful time. Now i just have to be monitored in pregnancy really. Can still get tired easily but very manageable compared to 5 years of physical and emotional hell!
    Oh how awful! I think I had it for a few months at most. Trembling and just felt so agitated, it was weird. And so long to get your strength back, gee wiz you poor thing.

    My baby developed tachycardia (rapid heart beat) in the womb at 26 weeks and the docs weren't sure if that was down to the graves disease at the beginning. I was classed as high risk because of the GD so I was constantly being monitored, good thing too. It was a bit scary but some meds sorted it all out and he is fine now.

  12. #860
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,318
    Thanks
    5,142
    Thanked
    7,768
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Fiona2 my BT is always 17 days after EPU and that always falls on the weekend so I end up waiting 18 or 19 DPO

    No wonder I POAS !


 

Similar Threads

  1. Ttc 2014
    By Cocoblue in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-12-2013, 19:59
  2. TTC in 2014
    By lilbump in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-12-2013, 14:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Transition into Parenthood / Calmbirth Sydney
Julie's Transition into Parenthood and Calmbirth courses for pregnant couples will get you ready, prepared and organised for the wonderful birth of your beautiful new baby. Birth Support Doula training provided in 2017 open to all. Call 0401 265 530
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!