Closed Thread
Page 86 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    oh my goodness, I just saw your quote, someone else who has had GD!!! Have you found Stimming has interfered with thyroid levels ? Am about to have mine tested tomorrow as I feel sooooo tired ! I had a complete thyrodectomy 9 years ago
    Oh wow, that sounds full on, how long did you have it before it was diagnosed? Why did they remove your thyroid, could it not be controlled by meds?

I had hypothyroidism at first then developed graves disease just as I was doing my 4th stimulated cycle 2 years ago. I felt dreadful, sick and agitated, lost weight but put it down to the different IVF meds I was on, then I put it down to morning sickness. A few weeks after I got preggers I saw my thryroid doc and she picked up on it. I went on some meds and got it under control. Pregnancy apparently puts it into remission and it hasn't come back yet but I go in every 4 months to have it checked out, plus I am on meds for a slightly underactive thyroid now

Stimming doesn't seem to interfere, I feel fine now and my levels seem to be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossum1 yep 2 shots down, 1 to go (Wednesday), so far not too bad. I'm not sure if it's the Crinone or the Pregnyl but I've got a headache, I'm tired and have an upset tummy, but that's about it. Thanks for asking

Sent from my GT-S5360T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nvandmv View Post
    @blossum1 yep 2 shots down, 1 to go (Wednesday), so far not too bad. I'm not sure if it's the Crinone or the Pregnyl but I've got a headache, I'm tired and have an upset tummy, but that's about it. Thanks for asking

yep, had all that but glad it's manageable for you. It was the nausea that did me in!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

nvandmv  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Oh wow, that sounds full on, how long did you have it before it was diagnosed? Why did they remove your thyroid, could it not be controlled by meds?

I had hypothyroidism at first then developed graves disease just as I was doing my 4th stimulated cycle 2 years ago. I felt dreadful, sick and agitated, lost weight but put it down to the different IVF meds I was on, then I put it down to morning sickness. A few weeks after I got preggers I saw my thryroid doc and she picked up on it. I went on some meds and got it under control. Pregnancy apparently puts it into remission and it hasn't come back yet but I go in every 4 months to have it checked out, plus I am on meds for a slightly underactive thyroid now

Stimming doesn't seem to interfere, I feel fine now and my levels seem to be ok.
    wow, how full on for you. Glad to hear your under control. No, i couldn't be controlled with meds, tried it all for three years but just couldn't get better, couldn't work, physically do hardly anything and after an emotional breakdown from it all realised i had to do something permanent as i was just too sick with it. It then took another two/three years to get stabilised with thyroxine and get strength back in body. It was an awful, awful time. Now i just have to be monitored in pregnancy really. Can still get tired easily but very manageable compared to 5 years of physical and emotional hell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB yay for AF finally arriving hun 😀
    @leyshoja hang in the tww hun, hope it goes quickly for you, FX

@missalissa1987 glad AF arrived and you have started jabbing

@kate124 hang in there hun and good luck, lots of baby dust

@Fiona2 hope AF has arrived for you hun, it's seems all we ever do it wait. We are a patient bunch of ladies I tell ya
    @Wishing88 glad to hear you are feeling well after EPU hun & GL for transfer.

@nvandmv how you doing hun?

Lots of baby dust to all you lovely ladies

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (12-05-2014),missalissa1987  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirl7 I'm doing ok thanks, feeling a bit blah from the Crinone and Pregnyl but doing pretty well. Hope things are going ok for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124 sorry about the BFN ugh hate that 1 stupid lonely line!
    @KayzB ahhh a D&C scratch to help implantation? How long will you be on BCP?
    @babygirl7 - Thanks for thinking of me! Earliest she will show is ThursdayWhere are you at cycle wise?

I recommend POAS as early as 7dp5dt or 9dp3dt (12DPO) - most are faint lines by then (but not all). That being said I don't think I will ever POAS again after April's meltdown

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just curious - my FS won't do a beta until 11dp5dt (16dpo).

When do you all have you betas after transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    wow, how full on for you. Glad to hear your under control. No, i couldn't be controlled with meds, tried it all for three years but just couldn't get better, couldn't work, physically do hardly anything and after an emotional breakdown from it all realised i had to do something permanent as i was just too sick with it. It then took another two/three years to get stabilised with thyroxine and get strength back in body. It was an awful, awful time. Now i just have to be monitored in pregnancy really. Can still get tired easily but very manageable compared to 5 years of physical and emotional hell!
    Oh how awful! I think I had it for a few months at most. Trembling and just felt so agitated, it was weird. And so long to get your strength back, gee wiz you poor thing.

My baby developed tachycardia (rapid heart beat) in the womb at 26 weeks and the docs weren't sure if that was down to the graves disease at the beginning. I was classed as high risk because of the GD so I was constantly being monitored, good thing too. It was a bit scary but some meds sorted it all out and he is fine now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Fiona2 my BT is always 17 days after EPU and that always falls on the weekend so I end up waiting 18 or 19 DPO

No wonder I POAS !