Closed Thread
Page 34 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB It went well I guess! Natural FET cycle starting next AF. Go in around Day 11 for monitoring.. next steps from there. So I have a 4ww until the first monitoring session!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    'stabby stabby' Ha! That cracked me up. I might say that myself next trigger.
    @KayzB thanks, I'm thinking of heading over to tassie once this is all over with. A nice break somewhere different. BT went well I pick up the meds this friday. The BT lady recognises me now.

"I've seen you before....how many cycles have you done dal?"
    "Seven"
    "Oh dear!"

Yes indeed. She's a lovely lady but not not delicate with the needle I have to say. *sigh*

When I had mild OHSS I felt like I had a bag of grapes each side of my lower belly (I started to waddle) and I felt nauseous. Every time I do a cycle they say I may have to freeze all due to the possibility of OHSS but luckily I've always been ok enough to do a fresh transfer. I think my clinic is way more cautious than other clinics.

Sorry to hear you haven't got the numbers your doc wants @nightchild80 your follies get bigger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone Sooo much to catch up on, this thread moves quickly, lol! We had our booking in appt & got all our meds today! Also learnt how to do the injections. The nurses were lovely. Poor DH got very overwhelmed to the point the nurses asked if he was ok, lol. Medication wise he didn't realise how much was involved. It is very overwhelming to begin with, I just hope I can give myself the injections ok! I start aspirin tomorrow & don't start jabbing until the 10th of May.

This is my first ivf cycle & now I'm scared, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Rocky27 welcome and congrats on being about to start!! You'll be surprised at how the injections are,but then again my dh did mine so that we felt it was a joint process 😊 honestly it's all going to be fine, take it a day at a time and just see what unfolds. Good luck, exciting times for you both and hopefully a lovely prize at the end!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    @Rocky27 welcome and congrats on being about to start!! You'll be surprised at how the injections are,but then again my dh did mine so that we felt it was a joint process 😊 honestly it's all going to be fine, take it a day at a time and just see what unfolds. Good luck, exciting times for you both and hopefully a lovely prize at the end!
    Thanks Blossom, I hope they get easier I sort of was hoping he might be able to do some but after seeing his reaction today, I don't think I want him anywhere near me with anything pointy, lol He'll prob be too cautious & hurt more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Thanks Blossom, I hope they get easier I sort of was hoping he might be able to do some but after seeing his reaction today, I don't think I want him anywhere near me with anything pointy, lol He'll prob be too cautious & hurt more
    yeah, i must admit i took delight a few times saying "ouch" when he jabbed me when it didn't hurt and he looked freaked hehehe we both have a habit if taking the **** out of each other. What drugs are you on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rocky27 hi hun glad your appointment went well! It def is very overwhelming initially, but it'll get easier as time goes. Soon you'll be jabbing with your eyes closed! 😉 Understandable for you to be nervous, but also exciting times ahead for you hun! 😘
    What's the aspirin for? xxa

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Rocky27  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KayzB - Thanks i am taking a list of questions! I know i'll forget everything if i don't i will probably take notes as well! Your apt is Thurs, yea?

Kate124 - Stabby stabby you gotta laugh don't you! Hope it all goes well tomorrow

Nightchild80 - Sorry it isn't going as well as you hoped hope it all works out though!

Rocky27 - Yay for getting your meds! I think i get mine tomorrow, i have my 'nurses orientation' yay. I think i will start jabbing around the 6th, so a few days behind you! Hope your DH is doing ok

AFM - Nurses orientation tomorrow yay! Cant believe it is so close now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha Blossom, that's hilarious! I would've done the same though! The meds I'm on are 112.5iu of Gonal F then 250mcg Cetroide.

Thanks KayzB. In a way, I can't wait to get past the first injection. I think it'll be better after that I'm not entirely sure re the aspirin. It's a really low dose of 100mg. App I can have Panadol but nurofen now is a big no no. They said I'll stay on the aspirin & if I get pregnant will be on it until 12 weeks.

MissAlissa, yay for getting yours tomorrow! It's so exciting getting so close!

Thanks
    Reviews
    KayzB, I just found my ivf info saying that a low dose aspirin has been shown to improve the success rate with IVF. The dose is 100mg, which is one third the normal adult dose.

DH bought it today from the discount chemist warehouse & was surprised at how cheap it was (about $2!)