Closed Thread
Page 33 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @kate124 Oh that crappy FN! You have a lot of follicles hun & that can sometimes be due to/lead to hyperstimulation. Some bloating & discomfort will be expected espec after EPU, but if you're feeling as though you're in more pain than you should be, overly bloated, nauseous/unable to keep fluids/food down etc - then def ring your clinic hun.

How did trigger go?? Must feel so good knowing you're jab-free now!! 😄 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kate124 View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance, what am I looking out for with the OHSS? They didn't mention anything about freezing or anything, I had that same FN who was completely rushed and pushed me out the door again. I'm going in at 8:15 on Wednesday and am about to have my trigger injection - like right now at 8:45! Eeeek!!
    hi Kate, for example if we had higher than 18 eggs they would recommend freezing all. You may be fine Hun but bare in mind it is after egg pick up that there is the risk of ohss. I was rubbish after in 13 eggs so just be prepared that you might potentially feel quite a lot of pain for a while. I'm sure they will monitor you but ivf clinics are busy places so you have to be your own advocate! Watch for bloating, pain, weight gain. I had mild ohss and that was bad enough, some others may have more advice for you. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @blossom1 I've done 2 stims & 1 FET; have 2 snowbabies left, so will do FET with new FS. Ideally would like to transfer both, but not sure what FS's view is about that. FX the FET works, as I really don't want to do another stim 😕
    fingers crossed you will have no need for another stim Hun. Hoping this is the lucky two for you. It must be great to have a fresh approach from a new Fs! Hope they say yes to 2!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

KayzB  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    hi Kate, for example if we had higher than 18 eggs they would recommend freezing all. You may be fine Hun but bare in mind it is after egg pick up that there is the risk of ohss. I was rubbish after in 13 eggs so just be prepared that you might potentially feel quite a lot of pain for a while. I'm sure they will monitor you but ivf clinics are busy places so you have to be your own advocate! Watch for bloating, pain, weight gain. I had mild ohss and that was bad enough, some others may have more advice for you. Good luck!
    And @kate124 if you do start to suspect something/feel very crappy, don't let that rude nurse try & convince you otherwise. Sometimes they're really slack (lazy) to identify/acknowledge OHSS, but you will know your own body hun.
    I got OHSS after having 18 eggs collected & you sound as though you might haul in a similar/higher number. So not trying to freak you out hun, but just keep an eye out 😊 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    fingers crossed you will have no need for another stim Hun. Hoping this is the lucky two for you. It must be great to have a fresh approach from a new Fs! Hope they say yes to 2!
    @blossom1 thanks hun! I think having this lil break has done me some good (despite my initial skepticism!). But has just helped me refocus & look forward to next steps. Let's hope no more jabbing for Both of us hey! 😊 xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the advice, I don't know a whole lot! Trigger shot went well, apart from DH whispering 'stabby stabby!' right before it! **** hit the fan! I think I punched him quite hard.
    I do feel completely gross and bloated. Like a mild cramp that's constant across my stomach. I'll call the clinic tomorrow if it hangs around. I guess I'll let you all know how I go after Wednesday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124 I actually laughed out loud at 'stabby stabby'. Men! I recall losing it at DH just before my trigger as it was at 6pm and I asked him to come back 10 minutes prior so we could prepare it and take a breather... but no he came home at 6 on the dot. Not a big deal now but at the time...!!

@Blossom Is this your 2nd go (1st FET) or 2nd FET? I am heading to my doctor to find out what the plan is for out 2nd attempt, 1st FET.

@KayzB Is Iit May already!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124: LOL. Obviously your DH is having too much fun with those needles. Good luck for Wednesday! As for the signs of OHSS, mild symptoms are tummy swelling or bloating, mild tummy pain and nausea. With my case of moderate OHSS, I was in a lot of pain (I was given endone), my tummy was bloated to the point I looked 4 months pregnant and I was throwing up (thus why I went straight into emergency).

@missalissa1987 and @KayzB: Thank you! And yes, 4 jabs a day at the same time around 9pm, cuz the Cetrotide is time sensitive.

Had a scan with a diff FS yesterday, cuz my usual FS is on forced vacation (happy wife, happy life ). He seemed unimpressed by the size of my follicles and counted around 6 on the left (average 13mm) with only 1 ripe one (20mm) on the right ovary. He's recommending we scan again on Wednesday to see how my left ovary does to decide on whether to do an EPU on Friday (Day 14), but he's asked me to discuss with DH if we wanna proceed with only 6 follicles.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nightchild80 For This Useful Post:

missalissa1987  (29-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Fiona2 it's our first fet 😊 we had our first go at ivf which resulted in chemical pregnancy booooooo and now strait onto natural fet! 😊yipeeeee

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124 Lol! Your DH's "stabby stabby" gave me a good chuckle! You should stabby stabby him with your leftover needles & see how he likes it
    It's great tho that he/you have still maintained a sense of humour- so easy to lose that playful spirit sometimes with all the stress & drama! So hope you both keep smiling hun 😊 xx

@Fiona2 May cannot come sooner!!
    How did appt with FS go today hun? What's the plan for your FET?

@nightchild80 you still have time before Fri for them to grow hun! At my scan I only had 6 follicles. The quantity you're fine hun, it's just that they need to get a bit bigger. And I'm sure they will 😊
    Did FS increase your meds? What are your thoughts with proceeding on Fri? I'm sure your scan on Wed will give you a better idea anyway, but in the meantime try not to stress hun 😘

@Bongley hope BT went well today hun! xx

@missalissa1987 good luck with orientation tomorrow hun! 😊 Xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

missalissa1987  (29-04-2014)