Closed Thread
Page 29 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Hello Ladies,

So much to catch up on. Some familiar faces, here as well. Hope we are celebrating many BFP this month.

Im waiting for AF to show, saw my FS who is doing more tests. We both might be carriers for a gene defect which makes my body keep rejecting the embryos. Which could explain my 3 IVF losses. Have the results next week, and it's treated with a blood transfusion. I so don't want to wait until June to start. FX AF stays away until Saturday and results are in.

Best wishes
    @francesthecat hi hun hope you enjoyed your Easter camping!
    Sorry to hear about the potential defect, but if so, at least you'll have an explanation for the BFN's. And most importantly, a solution for it. But even if you don't end up testing positive for it, sounds like you have a great FS who will keep investigating/testing
    I think I won't be starting till June either hun, so we can cycle together then! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @francesthecat hi hun hope you enjoyed your Easter camping!
    Sorry to hear about the potential defect, but if so, at least you'll have an explanation for the BFN's. And most importantly, a solution for it. But even if you don't end up testing positive for it, sounds like you have a great FS who will keep investigating/testing
    I think I won't be starting till June either hun, so we can cycle together then! xx
    Thank you Kayzb yeah our new FS has done more tests than my old FS ever did. He also warned me not to be in such a rush, and it can be better two wait another month for the next cycle. As it's another stimm and as I"ll have to do, a huge protocol with lots of meds. It could be for the best, also a chance to lose the kilos from my last cycle. Plus the drugs to treat this condition are by the kilo of body weight. So another incentive to lose those Easter pounds.
    Yes the camping was fun great to get away.

Why are you maybe missing this cycle ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phee83 - Hi! Sorry about your failed stim Hope it is 3rd time lucky for ya! I have heard alot that 3 is the magic number sounds like the new FS has a better idea anyway!

KayzB - O how exciting! Do you know whether it will be a long cycle or a short one? I suppose you won't know until you talk to the FS so you won't squeeze in a May one? What ever works, an extra month won't make a difference xxx

MrsFurbabies - Hi! Sorry i have no advice on the endo scratch! Hope it does the trick what kind of cycle are you doing?

Francesthecat - Hi I am glad you might have an answer! Is the treatment one blood tranfusion, or multiples? Sorry i have no idea about that kind of stuff Hope AF's timing works out for ya! xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to missalissa1987 For This Useful Post:

MrsFurBabies  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat so glad to hear your new FS is so much better & thorough! Which clinic are you with?

I had my most recent BFN in March, and after that decided to change clinics. Earliest appointment with new FS is in May, so depending on what new/different protocol I'm on would determine when I start. Plus AF timing-wise, I think by the time I see FS, AF might have arrived - so would have to wait till the following month. But will see what happens

@missalissa1987 not too sure yet hun; we have 2 frosties that we'll be transferring over to the new clinic. With my last FET I was on a short cycle, but who knows what new FS will have in store for me. But hopefully it's something great Hope you're having a fab weekend hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kayzb,

Im in Melbourne and with Monash my current FS is Nick L he is great and has done everything he said he would. I'm doing the Colorado protocol but now adding growth hormone and also grifoils which is a blood plasma product. This will stop my body rejecting the embies, as getting the BFP is not the issue it's keeping it.
    Who are you now going to see ?
    My old FS was Peter L ok but not aggressive in treatments when you have several issues.

Hi Misslissa, This is all new to me as well. My old FS did not believe in this type of treatments. I think it's a few transfusions all together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kayzb I forgot it was a FET you'd be doing! Hope he has the technique that works for you! Pretty boring weekend for me, worked today hope yours is more exciting!

Francesthecat That's hardcore! Why does it have to be so hard well whatever gets you to the prize at the end! Glad you have a FS that is willing to try out new things xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB - ice defiantly helps! I am hating the double injections thou!. Received the call last night, had to increase Puregon injections from 150 to 300. My FS cant not believe that they are having problems with my hormones reaching the right number! I believe it was because i was put on the pill to miss my period, but i was still bleeding for 3 weeks :-/
    @Booboo78 - thank you!
    @Motherwillbe - fingers crossed this is your month! Today i am at day 11 of Puregon and day 3 of Orgalutran
    @missalissa1987 - I see Prof C. DH is with IVF Sydney and he is with Dr G. I was with WFC but made the switch to IVF Aus and have never looked back! I love my 2 nurses at Kogarahas well
    @phee83 - i hope this new clinic works out well for you and you get a BFP!
    @francesthecat - fingers crossed this new FS works well for you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Missjadels For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (27-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Hi Kayzb,

Im in Melbourne and with Monash my current FS is Nick L he is great and has done everything he said he would. I'm doing the Colorado protocol but now adding growth hormone and also grifoils which is a blood plasma product. This will stop my body rejecting the embies, as getting the BFP is not the issue it's keeping it.
    Who are you now going to see ?
    My old FS was Peter L ok but not aggressive in treatments when you have several issues.

Hi Misslissa, This is all new to me as well. My old FS did not believe in this type of treatments. I think it's a few transfusions all together.

@francesthecat Ohh I've heard good things about Nick L. My new FS is Lynn Burmeister at Monash. Like your experience, my old FS wasn't interested in trying anything new/more. So hopefully Lynn will have a better & more successful plan for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Missjadels ohh that's a big increase, doubling your dose! Hope they monitor you closely just in case for OHSS. Make sure you keep an eye on it too hun xx
    Last edited by KayzB; 27-04-2014 at 16:22.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Missjadels  (26-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh I have been so hopeless with keeping up!

I have two more days until my post BFN appointment, then I should have a plan and possibly some hope!

Enjoy your Sunday ladies