Closed Thread
Page 28 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @blossom1 and @KayzB. It's good to see you both again, although I wish it was in a due date thread!

I'm definitely glad I changed clinics. The new fs seems determined to figure out what the problem is and isn't satisfied with leaving our diagnosis as unexplained. He's already found a few small things so it'll be interesting to see if I get more than 2 eggs this time!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsFurBabies have never had an endo scratch (or know much about it) so can't help you there hun. But am glad things are in the works for you. Hope there's a big improvement to your quantities & quality xx

@phee83 I know hun, wish 'seeing' you again was under different circumstances! But oh we'll hopefully our next cycles are the one for us
    That's great that your new FS is much more proactive & determined. So good that he's already identified a few things that your old FS hadn't! I'm waiting to change clinics too. FX the change brings us both much success! xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

MrsFurBabies  (28-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @KayzB @phee83 just wondering, since you gals have stimmed before...after a failed ivf did you ever feel exhausted, nauseous etc? I suspect hormones are taking time to right themselves? Bit unsure to go into fet with feeling so physically blah and immune system run down. Any thoughts girls? Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    @KayzB @phee83 just wondering, since you gals have stimmed before...after a failed ivf did you ever feel exhausted, nauseous etc? I suspect hormones are taking time to right themselves? Bit unsure to go into fet with feeling so physically blah and immune system run down. Any thoughts girls? Xxx
    @blossom1 definitely felt exhausted, in all sense of the word - physically, mentally, emotionally. And migraines & feeling like a zombie & just generally feeling bleh & crappy.
    However I did back-to-back stim cycles (as opposed to back-to-back stim & FET). As between stim & FET, I had OHSS so had to wait a month.

But by the sounds of it, you are not feeling too great hun. And if you're not feeling good physically, chances are you're feeling mentally crappy too. So for those reasons I would say a month off might just do you wonders hun. Doing FET straight after, although 'easier' than a stim cycle, is still demanding. Oh wait after I typed that I remembered you're doing natural FET not medicated yeah? Hm that might be slightly diff; bit hard for me to say as mine was medicated.

But either way, given how you're feeling, I would say rest this month hun. Focus on yourself & recharging. Things will still be out of whack; your body has been put through so much and is trying to get back to some sort of 'normality'. So a month 'IVF-free' will give you time to recoup in so many ways.
    Though at the end of the day, you know your body best, so do what you think/feel is best hun 😘 xx
    Last edited by KayzB; 26-04-2014 at 09:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossom1 I definitely felt exhausted after both stim cycles. I've never had any frosties so both times our only option was to go back for another stim cycle - fs was happy for me to do back to back cycles but I just couldn't handle doing it again straight away. I took a month off between the 1st and 2nd cycle and was really glad I did. I was in a much better place emotionally and physically. After that dh and decided we'd always take a month off in between stim cycles, but that I'd consider backing up with a fet (if that was ever an option). It's hard to know but I'd say trust your instincts. If you feel like you're struggling then take a month off. The frosties will still be there waiting for you in 4 weeks time, and although the tww feels like it takes forever I've found my months off have gone very quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @blossom1 definitely felt exhausted, in all sense of the word - physically, mentally, emotionally. And migraines & feeling like a zombie & just generally feeling bleh & crappy.
    However I did back-to-back stim cycles (as opposed to back-to-back stim & FET). As between stim & FET, I had OHSS so had to wait a month.

But by the sounds of it, you are not feeling too great hun. And if you're not feeling good physically, chances are you're feeling mentally crappy too. So for those reasons I would say a month off might just do you wonders hun. Doing FET straight after, although 'easier' than a stim cycle, is still demanding. Oh wait after I typed that I remembered you're doing natural FET not medicated yeah? Hm that might be slightly diff; bit hard for me to say as mine was medicated.

But either way, given how you're feeling, I would say rest this month hun. Focus on yourself & recharging. Things will still be out of whack; your body has been put through so much and is trying to get back to some sort of 'normality'. So a month 'IVF-free' will give you time to recoup in so many ways.
    Though at the end of the day, you know your body best, so do what you think/feel is best hun 😘 xx
    thanks hunny, you're right, i just don't want to wait 😞😞😞 but i certainly feel out of whack. Dh thinks it's best for my body to have a rest too, even though no drugs involved, if we did get the bfp it may be harder...i have a scan on Monday to check out follie and will see how i am fairing physically by then. Mentally i actually feel fine...well ifeel a bit emotional like pms but again it feels hormonal and i can handle that. I feel like I've processed the loss of number 1. It's just the physical side of things...more dam waiting eh!!!😈

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by phee83 View Post
    @blossom1 I definitely felt exhausted after both stim cycles. I've never had any frosties so both times our only option was to go back for another stim cycle - fs was happy for me to do back to back cycles but I just couldn't handle doing it again straight away. I took a month off between the 1st and 2nd cycle and was really glad I did. I was in a much better place emotionally and physically. After that dh and decided we'd always take a month off in between stim cycles, but that I'd consider backing up with a fet (if that was ever an option). It's hard to know but I'd say trust your instincts. If you feel like you're struggling then take a month off. The frosties will still be there waiting for you in 4 weeks time, and although the tww feels like it takes forever I've found my months off have gone very quickly!

thanks Phee, Mmm sounds like it helped you to have a break too. I will definitely do that if i don't have a miracle turnaround in the next week. Poor wee body doesn't know what to do with itself! So strange to feel physically worse than any stimming or down regging!!!! Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossom1 I know hun, this whole process is full of waiting! But @phee83 is right; the waiting in-between cycles really does feel quicker than the painfully slow 2ww!

And with my most recent BFN, when people said a break will be good etc, I just thought "yeah whatever". Plus the thought of 'choosing' to push back something that you Really want, also can mess with your head. But it honestly has been so good. For awhile there I was feeling like such a zombie; a slave to this whole process, exhausted, headaches, feeling sick. But being 'IVF-free' for the past couple of months has eliminated all that. Feeling much more refreshed/recharged & ready to go!

And like @phee83 said, your snowbabies will still be waiting for you hun, whenever you are ready 😊 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @blossom1 I know hun, this whole process is full of waiting! But @phee83 is right; the waiting in-between cycles really does feel quicker than the painfully slow 2ww!

And with my most recent BFN, when people said a break will be good etc, I just thought "yeah whatever". Plus the thought of 'choosing' to push back something that you Really want, also can mess with your head. But it honestly has been so good. For awhile there I was feeling like such a zombie; a slave to this whole process, exhausted, headaches, feeling sick. But being 'IVF-free' for the past couple of months has eliminated all that. Feeling much more refreshed/recharged & ready to go!

And like @phee83 said, your snowbabies will still be waiting for you hun, whenever you are ready 😊 xx
    wise words grasshopper 😊 i think it's one of those times where i need to not mentally push ahead even though that's what i want to do and actually listen to my body. I'm amazed how some women can go stim after stim! Guess we are all made differently. Thanks for your wise and reassuring words girls. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

So much to catch up on. Some familiar faces, here as well. Hope we are celebrating many BFP this month.

Im waiting for AF to show, saw my FS who is doing more tests. We both might be carriers for a gene defect which makes my body keep rejecting the embryos. Which could explain my 3 IVF losses. Have the results next week, and it's treated with a blood transfusion. I so don't want to wait until June to start. FX AF stays away until Saturday and results are in.

Best wishes