Closed Thread
Page 21 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by blossom1 View Post
    just make sure you always do it at the same time...same way you're doing synarel. You'll find it do easy after the first few! I never did mine, it was a way dh and i could share the journey ������
    Thanks blossom1 been waiting for this for a few weeks now stressing myself out a little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing88 View Post
    @KayzB don't mind the synarel, sometimes just a little awkward taking it lol I do 8am/pm so if I'm out to dinner I just have to pop to the bathroom or sometimes in the car on the way to work. Haven't done my injection yet waiting for DF to come home from work but that could be as late as 2am (he does afternoon/night shift) maybe he can do it when I'm asleep lol. Do you do your injections yourself?
    @Wishing88 love the thought of your DH stabbing the needle in you while you're fast asleep! Lol my DH does shift work too, so while he did the 1st couple of injections for me, I did the majority on my own. I'm sure you'll soon become a pro at jabbing too
    Definitely is awkward trying to fit sniffing/jabbing in amongst your life! - a few times when we were out for dinner with fam/friends, I had to carry the injections in my bag & secretly shoot up in the toilets! Ahh good times

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB Omg if I am ever brave enough I will be very happy with myself. When we couldn't get pregnant and we had to start investigating, I would ball my eyes out just to get a blood test, I couldn't even drive myself, but now I am ok with it, so maybe one day I will be brave enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, quick update! Woke up feeling very lousy and tired today. This morning's injection did not go well, I don't know what DH did differently but I felt every mm of that needle!! Tense moment in our household! Had a dull but persistent headache all day that I haven't been able to shake with Panadol and lots of water. Stabbing painful ovaries and my stomach looks like I have a food baby. Ok that's my whinge over!!

@Wishing88 my DH does my injections when I'm still half asleep, I normally snooze and forget I've had it. Syneral has been fine, I rectify the bad taste with a cadburys Easter egg!!

Question for everybody, is it strange that my ultrasound isn't until Monday, which is 10 days after I started the Gonal-f and Syneral? I thought maybe they'd monitor me a bit closer for OHSS? (Is that the acronym!?) seeing as though this is my first go and they don't know how my ovaries will react? Am I paranoid?

Thank god it's a short week! Fingers crossed for everyone xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kate124 View Post
    Hey everyone, quick update! Woke up feeling very lousy and tired today. This morning's injection did not go well, I don't know what DH did differently but I felt every mm of that needle!! Tense moment in our household! Had a dull but persistent headache all day that I haven't been able to shake with Panadol and lots of water. Stabbing painful ovaries and my stomach looks like I have a food baby. Ok that's my whinge over!!

@Wishing88 my DH does my injections when I'm still half asleep, I normally snooze and forget I've had it. Syneral has been fine, I rectify the bad taste with a cadburys Easter egg!!

Question for everybody, is it strange that my ultrasound isn't until Monday, which is 10 days after I started the Gonal-f and Syneral? I thought maybe they'd monitor me a bit closer for OHSS? (Is that the acronym!?) seeing as though this is my first go and they don't know how my ovaries will react? Am I paranoid?

Thank god it's a short week! Fingers crossed for everyone xox
    The headaches are so annoying nothing seems to shake them I had them pretty bad for a few days, if ur feeling bloated and heavy id call ur clinic as u could be over stimulating I had my first ever ivf scan 7days and they cancelled as I had over 60 follicles I also have pcos so in saying that the follicles were probly already tgere but they just grew a hell of a lot in sure you'll b fine as you don't have pcos but I'd call them just to be safe how many days are you now?

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

kate124  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishing88 even just starting/going through this IVF journey is so extremely daunting, and probably one of the biggest challenges you'll face in life - so for you to 'take on' this challenge, you are definitely more brave than you think hun xx

@kate124 aw it can vary hun - sometimes the needle glided in so easily for me, but other times I'd feel it more, or would nick something & it'd bleed and/or bruise up. So hope you weren't too hard on your DH hun!

And like @miissalina said, def let your FS/nurse know about your symptoms. Some bloating & soreness can be expected, but just in case it is the beginning of OHSS, they can nip it in the butt before it begins. Espec since your scan isn't till some time yet. From memory, I had my first ultrasound on day 6 or 7 after 1st injection. You could ring the clinic & ask if 10 days is their standard protocol? Hopefully when you mention your symptoms they might ask you to come in couple days earlier? xx

@miissalina not long till your biopsy yeah hun? Have you got your chromosome blood work back yet? xx

@lizlh where are you at now hun? Hope the jabbing has been going well! Is EPU coming up soon? xx

@blossom1 have blood tests arrived in the mail yet hun? xx

TGIF tomorrow & woohoo for another long weekend!!
    Last edited by KayzB; 24-04-2014 at 06:18.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

kate124  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @Wishing88 even just starting/going through this IVF journey is so extremely daunting, and probably one of the biggest challenges you'll face in life - so for you to 'take on' this challenge, you are definitely more brave than you think hun xx

@kate124 aw it can vary hun - sometimes the needle glided in so easily for me, but other times I'd feel it more, or would nick something & it'd bleed and/or bruise up. So hope you weren't too hard on your DH hun!

And like @miissalina said, def let your FS/nurse know about your symptoms. Some bloating & soreness can be expected, but just in case it is the beginning of OHSS, they can nip it in the butt before it begins. Espec since your scan isn't till some time yet. From memory, I had my first ultrasound on day 6 or 7 after 1st injection. You could ring the clinic & ask if 10 days is their standard protocol? Hopefully when you mention your symptoms they might ask you to come in couple days earlier? xx

@miissalina not long till your biopsy yeah hun? Have you got your chromosome blood work back yet? xx

@lizlh where are you at now hun? Hope the jabbing has been going well! Is EPU coming up soon? xx

@blossom1 have blood tests arrived in the mail yet hun? xx

TGIF tomorrow & woohoo for another long weekend!!
    Biopsy is on Monday so I'm starting to get abit nervous all this pain poking proding will b worth it I just hate these internal things they do , chromosomes bothing back as yet I'm hoping Monday but I haven't gotten the bill either so I'm assuming there are not ready , I've been keeping myself busy with renovating our house was only thinking yesterday that this is what I need to be doing in the TWW no time for over thinking I'm exhausted by the end of the day
    How are you going ?

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you had such bad OHSS. How could they have not been monitoring your progress? And on 300iu Gonal too!

@Bongley: I read the same too and gave up, cuz there was too much conflicting information.

@kate124: Sounds like you might be developing OHSS. Are you also taking Sustagen to increase your protein intake? And @miissalina is right, let your clinic know your symptoms. I'm sure they'll bring you in for a scan a little earlier than Day 10 to make sure things are progressing well. My FS does a Day 2 and Day 8 scan.
    Last edited by nightchild80; 24-04-2014 at 07:15.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nightchild80 For This Useful Post:

kate124  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Kate125 really normal for no scans Bt before day 9 or 10. I had exact same worry and it's common that you aren't seen in that time. I found about day 3 4 5 of stims i bloated up and then it all settled. I was worried about ohss but the tell tale signs is weight gain. Your clinic will likely to tell you to measure your weight each day and if you go up more than 2 kg over night then there may be a problem. Call your clinic if your worried, they would get the question all the time 😊

13. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

kate124  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Kate125 i had all your symptoms on gonal f and synarel and i had no ohss and had 13 eggs retrieved which is a good, balanced number apparently. The clinic said they would be more concerned if i didn't feel anything going on. 😃

15. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

kate124  (24-04-2014)