Closed Thread
Page 2 of 175 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Kay hope the move works better for u

Missa - yes we felt more comfortable waiting, we went with a well known urologist so happy with our decision, dh had a TESA which is testicular sperm aspiration. Dh can provide a sample however they wanted to see how we go this way

Orgalutran is used to hold of ovulation I was on that on my first cycle. Not sure what rech/fsh means. I only know of 3 fsh Puregon/Gonal F or Menopur not sure on others. I'll be on Menopur this next round, hopefully to help with egg quality

Hurry up May!!
    Last edited by Booboo78; 02-04-2014 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @missalissa1987 don't worry it's all very foreign & confusing to begin with! I haven't heard of Rech (the FHS I was on was Gonal F) and Orgalutran, then Crinone for progesterone.
    I'm sure after you consultation you'll know so much more When is your appointment? My appointment with new clinic is only end May, so far away xx
    I know! It's like a foreign language! We will have orientation a week before May's AF is due, so end of April. Of course as Sod's law would have it this (march) cycle has been the longest since I started tracking! I didn't ovulate until day 23! Lol. Just when I wanted things to hurry up.
    What kind of cycle are you doing? And what are your fertility issues, if you don't mind me asking? Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Booboo78 View Post
    Kay hope the move works better for u, have u had 1st consult yet?

Missa - yes we felt more comfortable waiting, we went with a well known urologist so happy with our decision, dh had a TESA which is testicular sperm aspiration. Dh can provide a sample however they wanted to see how we go this way

Orgalutran is used to hold of ovulation I was on that on my first cycle. Not sure what rech/fsh means. I only know of 3 fsh Puregon/Gonal F or Menopur not sure on others. I'll be on Menopur this next round, hopefully to help with egg quality

Hurry up May!!
    Ahh. Yeah we have bad sperm, but there is very little DNA fragmentation though, which I have been told is good? 0%morphology though We are doing high magnification. DH seems to be accepting of it now, when we got the diagnosis he struggled quite a bit Poor bubba. You know what blokes are like! Lol. How is your DH holding up.
    I have googled rechfsh and can't find anything, I think it's maybe just a term for it and GonalF is what I'll be on? Seems like it Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Booboo78 thanks hun I really hope the change will be a good one. I've heard only great things about the new FS & she's really popular (hence the long wait to get an appointment) - so hope I end up as happy with the new doc as you are with yours!

@missalissa1987 lol sounds about right - whenever we want something to happen quickly, it takes its sweet a$s time! This IVF journey is such a waiting game, really tests your patience. And tests you mentally, emotionally, physically. Ahh the joys

I'll be doing a medicated FET (did one last cycle too but was unsuccessful). I have issues with ovulation (irregular & not at all) so doing a medicated cycle will help 'control' that.
    And in addition DH has low sperm count, low motility & morphology, so because of that we do ICSI for stim cycles.
    How about you hun? Is yours purely DH's issue or more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Can I Join this thread too please?

New to IVF and still getting a hang of the lingo!

We are in our second cycle of IUI (7dpi today) and if this doesn't work we are seriously considering the jump to IVF. Not sure if it would all happen by May, but starting the IUI all happened so quickly, I'm wondering if it would be the same for IVF.....straight into the strong drugs and get ready for egg retrieval!

I've been on Puregon with an ovidrel trigger, and then Progesterone pessaries. Haven't had too many bad effects. Very thirsty and very tired. Slightly more emotional. I'm assuming these have all been lower dose than For IVF, So I'm concerned about the IVF drugs being stronger and might make me a little more crazy!

We are unexplained sub-fertility, TTC #1 for 3 1/2 years,......and this weekend I will be 37........argh.

Good luck to everyone........waiting waiting waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I think the "rech" be gore the FSH means "recombinant human" aka synthetic.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OIC For This Useful Post:

missalissa1987  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @OIC! I've never done IUI so not sure how low the doses are. But at least your body is already somewhat used to having some meds - so the main difference would be the egg pick up aspect.
    But try not to fear the increased/stronger drugs - I think with this crazy fertility journey, we all go crazy at times regardless of all the meds! xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

OIC  (03-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @Booboo78 thanks hun I really hope the change will be a good one. I've heard only great things about the new FS & she's really popular (hence the long wait to get an appointment) - so hope I end up as happy with the new doc as you are with yours!

@missalissa1987 lol sounds about right - whenever we want something to happen quickly, it takes its sweet a$s time! This IVF journey is such a waiting game, really tests your patience. And tests you mentally, emotionally, physically. Ahh the joys

I'll be doing a medicated FET (did one last cycle too but was unsuccessful). I have issues with ovulation (irregular & not at all) so doing a medicated cycle will help 'control' that.
    And in addition DH has low sperm count, low motility & morphology, so because of that we do ICSI for stim cycles.
    How about you hun? Is yours purely DH's issue or more?
    All my tests have came back clear, but I do have unexplained luteal phase spotting, so hopefully IVF bypasses that! Yea it's the waiting I hate! I constantly feel like I'm wanting the time to go quick so I can proceed further, when id love to just sit back and enjoy life if that makes sense lol. But this month will fly in with Easter and Anzac Day!
    I do yoga, do you reckon you can do that while stimming? I am expecting to be all bloated and bleugh lol.

Hi OIC! Thanks for that info! Hope this is your cycle When is your blood test/poas? Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!
    Blood test next Friday......a whole week away!

Waiting waiting........just want to know either way so we can plan the next steps......

Thanks
    Reviews
    @missalissa1987 yep sure well as long as you're feeling up to it, no reason why you can't still do yoga! For me the first few days were fine, but then later bloatedness & soreness started kicking in. But if you're on a lower dose of FSH I don't think your side effects would be too bad

Do your fam/friends know that you're starting treatment, or just keeping it between you & your DH? xx