Closed Thread
Page 19 of 175 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all been stalking this thread for a few days . I am currently at the beginning of my first isci cycle. I have been on syneral for a few weeks and start my puregon injections tomorrow for the first time. Good luck to everyone on this journey
    Last edited by Wishing88; 22-04-2014 at 21:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Wishing88! I am on my first icsi cycle too. The Syneral hasn't been too bad hey, I'm on Gonal-f not Puregon injections, but I've found the injections to be a 0.5 out of 10 for pain! fingers crossed for you and thanks for joining the convo!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kate124 For This Useful Post:

Wishing88  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing88 View Post
    Hey all been stalking this thread for a few days . I am currently at the beginning of my first isci cycle. I have been on syneral for a few weeks and start my puregon injections tomorrow for the first time. Good luck to everyone on this journey
    Welcome @Wishing88! How has Synarel been for you? I've never taken it before. Injections I've been on Gonal-F, but I'm sure Puregon will be just as simple to administer It's always the first jab that's the most daunting! Hope it goes well today hun, and ask/vent away on here whenever you feel like! xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

Wishing88  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossom1 just checking in hun - how are u going?? Have you started FET yet? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @blossom1 just checking in hun - how are u going?? Have you started FET yet? xx
    hello sweets! Yes we are going ahead! Not sure how it all works, apparently blood tests should arrive soon in the mail. It's nice to be hormones free after synarel monster. Are you doing FET as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I just started my Puregon injections for our 3rd IVF cycle (I already feel the tiredness and general blahness setting in), so thought I should join the May 2014 club.

As I had moderate OHSS in my 2nd IVF cycle on 125iu of FSH (spent a night in emergency throwing up my guts), my FS has altered my cycle to include Cetrotide and use Synarel to trigger. Has anyone else used this combo before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchild80 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just started my Puregon injections for our 3rd IVF cycle (I already feel the tiredness and general blahness setting in), so thought I should join the May 2014 club.

As I had moderate OHSS in my 2nd IVF cycle on 125iu of FSH (spent a night in emergency throwing up my guts), my FS has altered my cycle to include Cetrotide and use Synarel to trigger. Has anyone else used this combo before?
    hello and welcome! I hope ohss stays away for you, it sounds awful 😞

i only had synarel and gonal f and ovidrel to trigger. I thought synarel actually stopped the release of eggs so im surprised but they must know what they are doing! Hoping this is your last ivf!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossom1 that's great hun! And yep such a good feeling being drug-free after all the jabbing/sniffing etc!

I'm still in waiting period- appointment with new FS is still 4 long weeks away
    We have 2 frosties so will do a (medicated) FET with those. Hoping the plan that new FS puts me on is more successful than the last few!
    How many will you transfer hun? xx

Welcome @nightchild80! Nope I've never used/heard of that combo. Like @blossom1 I've only known Synarel to be used as a suppressant, rather than trigger. You learn something new each day!

Glad to hear your FS is trying different protocol to prevent OHSS. It really is terrible. Hope this cycle is the one for you hun! xx
    Last edited by KayzB; 23-04-2014 at 15:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @KayzB ahhh you're a strong woman with the waiting...i guess there's not much one can do is there. I found the waiting the hardest part. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you (20 to be exact!). I'm not sure what to do re how many to transfer! Someone tell me!!!???? Apparently we have a few excellent looking embies, but our last was excellent and that ended in chemical. We are only going with one stim cycle so basically using our snow babies til none left. I don't know! 1 or 2. Twins scare me. But no babies scare me more. Have heard on some boards that multiple pregnancy wasn't worth it, even though the babies were but they would have not done it if they could go back in time. Hmmmm. One more ivf decision to go through eh what!😶😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    @blossom1: OHSS is worse than awful. I was in so much pain, the docs had to give me endone and hooked me up to a drip. And mine was moderate. I would hate to have been a severe case.

As for figuring out how many to transfer, it really depends on what you're comfortable with and which risks you wanna weigh up (eg. multiple pregnancy, financial costs, etc). In our case, we transfer 1 embryo. After 2 cervical cone biopsies, I run a higher risk of a shortened cervix and not being able to carry to term, especially with a multiple pregnancy. But that might not be a factor for you.

@KayzB: Same here, but apparently Synarel serves to stimulate the pituitary to produce a surge of LH, resulting in timed ovulation. It is high enough to induce ovulation in larger follicles, but too short-lived to stimulate small follicles - thus preventing/worsening OHSS. The things you learn!

And good luck with the wait! 4 weeks will fly by before you know it.