Closed Thread
Page 156 of 175 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1741
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Kate1985 ring the FN and ask her why. They did that with me last cycle because I only had 3 embryos at day 3 and there was no need to select them out as I was transferring all 3. Usually they just put them back if you have small numbers as its better to not put them through 5 days if its unnecessary. Don't be afraid to question treatment decisions and find out more when u need to.
    @blossom1 the main difficulties with twins in older ladies is low birthweight, not prematurity,.. they actually carry the babies for longer for some reason. This was the article on which I based my own decisions about embryo number given this is my 4th cycle. One should note this study was for cleavage stage embies, *not blasts*... But it raises some interesting points anyway ...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3991445/
    @sunshinechai .... Good luck for transfer
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 28-05-2014 at 10:31.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

blossom1  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls got a call from the clinic this morning and Today's appt cancelled things aren't where they should be yet, going to hold out and check on them tomorrow but they warned me if they haven't developed then this cycle will have to be cancelled...
    Am I still in with a chance? I'm really quite upset....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls got a call from the clinic this morning and Today's appt cancelled things aren't where they should be yet, going to hold out and check on them tomorrow but they warned me if they haven't developed then this cycle will have to be cancelled...
    Am I still in with a chance? I'm really quite upset....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunshinechai. - are you day 5? How many embies do you have? Hang in there as they might need extra time, some embies are just slower. It's normal to be anxious and upset at news like this. A lot can happen in 24h in embie town.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 28-05-2014 at 11:00.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

blossom1  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 3.. One was slow to fertilise so maybe they are just taking it nice and easy... I am so nervous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    @sunshinechai. - are you day 5? How many embies do you have? Hang in there as they might need extra time, some embies are just slower.
    Sorry I am at day 5, with 3 embies...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunshinechai For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sunshinechai They might just need another day, as mine did. They will be wanting to select the best out, so if they are slow, and you're transferring only 1, they will need more time. Maybe they are all girls, they are slower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @sunshinechai try to hang in there. As they say, slow growing ones can still produce perfectly healthy bubs so its not over till its over. @Wishing88 congratulations on your BFP first go !! Very lucky !!! @nightchild80 sorry to hear about your BFN @Booboo78 good luck for todays EPU - hope to hear some great news later and hope you feel better real soon.
    Thanks very much @Bongley for the mega-update. Its really hard to keep up and it makes life a lot easier to go back for a quick referral... @MGC Bertie, I hope your wait goes really fast, the delays were certainly sent to try us..
    Congrats @Calstar on your egg haul - they are great numbers and you should be over the moon !! What I wouldn't give for numbers like that... @OIC - fingers crossed for great HCG numbers today woot woot, waiting in suspense @butterfly, yay for your little blast about to become a popsicle !! @Kate1985, good luck for your transfer. My clinic do 3 day transfers for me because my numbers were not huge. There is more chance of losing them if they sit in the petrie dish for longer, so when there are few, they prefer to not risk it and transfer earlier. If you have heaps, they will tend to do 5 day transfers as that way you know for sure you have the strongest of the lot for transfer. @kate124 yay for your BFP - I hope you get a great HCG number ! @Rocky27 good luck for your freeze @blossom1, looks like my transfer will be the end of next week also. I'm worried though that they like to do them on Tue/Wed/Thur so will probably delay me until after the Queens bday so Tuesday 10th. Being a fully medicated cycle they can program me for any date, but obviously I would prefer sooner rather than later. Today is CD7..
    I've decided in the last few days that if I opt for a donor after this next transfer, I'm telling nobody except very close family (and you guys of course). I've been let down by a friend at work who I told in confidence about this and have found out since that other people now know. I should know better I guess, workplace gossip is hard to avoid. So, I'll just let the word get around (through the same source >:-[ ) that the journey is over. And let that be a lesson to me.

I hope I havent missed too many of you, but hugs to all and better luck next month for us still waiting for the ever elusive BFP !

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (28-05-2014),sunshinechai  (28-05-2014),Wishing88  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    @sunshinechai They might just need another day, as mine did. They will be wanting to select the best out, so if they are slow, and you're transferring only 1, they will need more time. Maybe they are all girls, they are slower.
    Thank you @Butterfly39, I have been convinced forever my first would be a girl... So you just gave me some hope xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by leyshoja View Post
    @sunshinechai try to hang in there. As they say, slow growing ones can still produce perfectly healthy bubs so its not over till its over. @Wishing88 congratulations on your BFP first go !! Very lucky !!! @nightchild80 sorry to hear about your BFN @Booboo78 good luck for todays EPU - hope to hear some great news later and hope you feel better real soon.
    Thanks very much @Bongley for the mega-update. Its really hard to keep up and it makes life a lot easier to go back for a quick referral... @MGC Bertie, I hope your wait goes really fast, the delays were certainly sent to try us..
    Congrats @Calstar on your egg haul - they are great numbers and you should be over the moon !! What I wouldn't give for numbers like that... @OIC - fingers crossed for great HCG numbers today woot woot, waiting in suspense @butterfly, yay for your little blast about to become a popsicle !! @Kate1985, good luck for your transfer. My clinic do 3 day transfers for me because my numbers were not huge. There is more chance of losing them if they sit in the petrie dish for longer, so when there are few, they prefer to not risk it and transfer earlier. If you have heaps, they will tend to do 5 day transfers as that way you know for sure you have the strongest of the lot for transfer. @kate124 yay for your BFP - I hope you get a great HCG number ! @Rocky27 good luck for your freeze @blossom1, looks like my transfer will be the end of next week also. I'm worried though that they like to do them on Tue/Wed/Thur so will probably delay me until after the Queens bday so Tuesday 10th. Being a fully medicated cycle they can program me for any date, but obviously I would prefer sooner rather than later. Today is CD7..
    I've decided in the last few days that if I opt for a donor after this next transfer, I'm telling nobody except very close family (and you guys of course). I've been let down by a friend at work who I told in confidence about this and have found out since that other people now know. I should know better I guess, workplace gossip is hard to avoid. So, I'll just let the word get around (through the same source >:-[ ) that the journey is over. And let that be a lesson to me.

I hope I havent missed too many of you, but hugs to all and better luck next month for us still waiting for the ever elusive BFP !
    man, sux abut workplace gossip, I hate gossip in general, sorry to hear you've experienced that. Poo heads!! We do the same now, it's a very, very select one or two and you ladies of course! I hope this is it for you mate and no donor eggs are even needed! Be nice to have your company in the 2 we again! Think I might stay off BH the first week though to just have time not be concentrating on all things IVF

15. The Following User Says Thank You to blossom1 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (28-05-2014)