Closed Thread
Page 15 of 175 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @KayzB Well I start jabbing tonight so let the roller coaster begin again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lizlh View Post
    Thanks @KayzB Well I start jabbing tonight so let the roller coaster begin again
    @lizlh hope there will be something amazing waiting for you at the end of the ride hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had the appointment with the FN today, AF still a no show which is really frustrating. Still cramping. Must be the stress or something. I asked a lot of questions and the nurse got annoyed at me and kept checking the clock so that was kind of frustrating. She got annoyed when I asked if 150 was a standard dose for the injections, what a blastocyst was and what day they usually implant. Also when I asked if they could refer us to someone to find out why exactly DH has low sperm count she got very defensive and said it just happens. Also, when I asked if this cycle didn't work how soon do they try again she threw her arms up in the air and said we weren't going into that and to be positive. I just wanted to know to mentally prepare and know how all this medication will effect my natural cycle. So yeh that wasn't great. Next time I'll request a different nurse, one who understands the anxiety faced by people new to all this!! I think they sometimes forget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124 that's appalling hun! You'd think basic criteria for being a FN would be patience, understanding & empathy! It'a not like IVF is your 'every day' type situation that we should all just know everything about somehow! Especially at the beginning it's so overwhelming, all these foreign terms & meds & protocols.
    I'm sorry your first experience was a bad one hun. But that is definitely not what a FN should be like, especially when their meant to be your 'go-to' person for the whole journey. Do request a new one. And I hope the next one is much nicer!

And if there's any questions you have unanswered, feel free to post here hun & we'll all try help!
    When I first started I began on 150iu Gonal F too, which is pretty 'standard'. If unfortunately you don't get a BFP, they may look at increasing the dose. For my most recent cycle I was on 300iu Gonal F.

As for low sperm count, while it can due to a range of factors (e.g lifestyle choices, medication, medical condition etc), sometimes it is just down to bad luck. My FS advised my DH to take Menevit daily (the male equivalent to Elevit) so maybe get your DH onto that hun? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124 oh and as for how soon you can start again, it really depends on your clinic. Mine had no problem doing back -to-back cycles, but I know other clinics have a mandatory 1-month break period. So when you get in touch with a nicer nurse, ask again about their protocols regarding that
    Last edited by KayzB; 17-04-2014 at 06:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124 AND a blastocyst is an embryo that has developed for 5-6 days after fertilisation (so they are grown out in the lab for 5-6 days). But depending on your clinic, they may opt to do a 3-day transfer.

Some ppl believe that an embryo that survives for 5 days (or more) is then more viable for implantation. But others believe that day 2 or 3 transfers are better as it allows the embryo to develop in its natural environment (i.e you).
    But aside from that, there may be other factors that determine what day transfer they do for you. (e.g your age, quality of the embryos etc).

Did mean ol nurse mention which day transfer they'd do for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much KayzB! That was a big help! I am going to head out and get Menevit today, should I be taking something too? I forgot to ask that question yesterday, I got all flustered! I was curious about the reason behind the low sperm count as my DH's brother has the same problem and is also having to go through IVF. I didn't know if it was something hereditary that we could test for to ensure our sons don't have the same problem. The FN blew that suggestion out of the water though.

Anyway, onwards and upwards! AF arrived this morning so I'll start the nasal spray tomorrow and injections after that. Just what I want to be doing over the Easter break! The Easter Bunny better be extra generous this year!!! Hope you are all able to relax over the break and eat lots of chocolate!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    if your looking for a cheaper alternative to menevit look into the Blackmores multi men's alive range, or cenovis men's performance multi. Both have the zinc, selenium and folic acid required.

They also have ginseng which is a more herbal therapy for male fertility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Started jabbing last night! Forgot how much I did not like it UGH! I've also been changed from purogon to menopor. Anyone know the difference??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Lizlh,

Menopur was what I needed to get better quailty eggs and nearly 100 % fert rates.
    Pain is mixing it, good luck for your cycle.

Thanks Sleepdude for the tip on the vitiamans.

Yay for the long weekend and a happy Easter everyone.