Closed Thread
Page 14 of 175 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat wow!!! I wish you every success. We all have had a difficult road to travel but some, like yourself, have had an horrendous journey. I hope you get your baby, one way or another. Are donor eggs an option for you?!? I know it would be a difficult choice but maybe easier on your body?!?! Forgive me if I'm wrong or incorrect. I truely hope your dream is realised xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    From those who have done ivf cycles before, would you mind if I asked do you give up alcohol, reduce caffeine etc? And if so, when?
    I don't drink any alcohol when I'm on cycle, and I don't drink much caffiene either. But then again, I don't drink beer, wine or coffee, so the occasional vodka or coke isn't too hard to go without.

@francesthecat - is there any reason for them to suspect that you have a high risk of repeat infections/complications? Maybe changing clinics will reduce your chance of an infection.

Happy birthday @KayzB!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, my wife and I will be doing a FET in May, we just did an IVF/ICSI cycle and had to cancel transfer due to OHSS (28 eggs collected).

Waiting for embryology to let us know how many frosties we have, but it should be around 10 day 5 blasts, so hopefully one sticks eventually!!

Good luck on your journeys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @SleepyDude! Hopefully your DW recovers quickly. Let us know how many frosties you end up with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the wishes lovely ladies! I had a wonderful day

@Rocky27 I don't think you need to go 'cold turkey' as such hun. I have 1 coffee every day, and still did while cycling etc. As for alcohol, while jabbing I did have a glass here & there when I was out for dinner. But definitely didn't have any alcohol after transfer. Just have/do whatever you feel is right hun, everyone has their own opinion & approach xx

@francesthecat sorry to hear you have been through so much hun! What an ordeal. And yet here you are soldering on to achieve that lil bundle of joy - I admire your strength & determination xx

Welcome @SleepyDude! Wow that is quite a haul. Hope your DW isn't feeling too terrible; OHSS is very crappy. Sounds like you will get a great number of frosties!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kay glad to hear u had a nice bd w/e, Mexican is so yummy
    Missalissa not too long now, r u having a BT to confirm O?

Rocky, I have cut down a lot, to be honest I don't really miss it much now. I changed to having decaf coffee one a day and have the odd glass of red but very rarely now. I wouldn't touch it while cycling but it's personal choice. I'm also trying to add more protein to my diet, have less sugar, eat more greens and drink more water.

Frances ouch those scars look sore, you are very strong. What will u do now u have to wait to speak with FS again?

Sleepydude 28 wow, hope u get some good blasties in that lot, gl for your FET

AFM - rang the clinic this morning to book my day 21 apt for 5th May, not sure if I'm doing long or short cycle, they will let me know once nurse has spoken with FS. If I start on the long cycle I'll start meds cd21, not long now. I'm also adding Saizen to the mix

Have a good week all, not long till the Easter break
    Last edited by Booboo78; 14-04-2014 at 22:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, been a bit quiet as not much is going on! Waiting for my period to start so I can start snorting and injecting! Woo! It is due tomorrow and I'm having some pretty persistent cramps on my left side. That stupid cruel voice in my head is saying 'go buy a test - you could be pregnant!' - wouldn't that be a last minute save! But I know deep down that it's just AF coming. Meeting with FN tomorrow to discuss plan. Feel so much more prepared now that I've been able to read up on it all. I have a list of questions for her!! I've told my family now what's going on. They cried. Yes it's a bit sad but it's not the end of the world. At least now I don't have to hide it and put up with their insensitive comments about my lack of baby! Hope everyone is going along ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did u go today Kate? Not the easiest thing to discuss with parents is it but yes I agree it's better than having the constant questions u can get at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, sadly AF arrived today so no more frosties and straight into a stim cycle. Hopefully start jabbing tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Booboo78 when is your appointment with FN hun? After your BT or? xx

@kate124 glad you are relieved to have told your fam hun. It must be such a big weight off your shoulders. Poor things must feel so guilty tho having been on your back about having no baby! At least now they know there's much more to it
    Has AF arrived? xx

@lizlh sorry to see you in this thread hun, really thought your last FET would've been the one for you. Have you had BT already to confirm? But anyway I'm glad you can at least start again straight away Will they let you know today if you can start jabbing? In the meantime, go & enjoy a couple glasses of wine! xx
    Last edited by KayzB; 16-04-2014 at 06:14.