Closed Thread
Page 13 of 175 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Booboo78 sounds like lovely weather over there! It's low 20's here in Melb, but no rain so that's a plus
    I went out last night for a pre-birthday dinner with friends. We had Mexican and since I'm not cycling, got to enjoy in a few glasses of Sangria! Yay!
    Today (my actual b'day) am having family over later for afternoon tea. I really should start prepping but am just lounging around for now
    Hope you have a lovely Sunday! xx

@Sareeb77 ohh I didn't realise for donor it worked differently re counselling! And as if you don't have enough expenses already! But ah yes the things we do to achieve that lil rainbow xx

Hope everyone else is having a fab weekend & trekking along nicely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Birthday KayzB
    hope you have a great day xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy birthday @KayzB and thanks for the welcome we only have one little snow baby so hoping with every part of me that next time goes perfectly and has a good outcome...really not keen to go through another stim cycle so soon...

Thanks
    Reviews
    KayzB - - Hope you are having an awesome day! I love Mexican food hope you had a good night.

Rara1982 - Good luck with all your tests! And yes, expensive is right! So you have PCOS? I can't even contemplate falling naturally, imagine just missing a period and getting a pos HPT? How awesome would that be lol.

Francisthecat - WTF? Is that not a breech of patient confidentiality? Well another way to look at is at least you didn't waste your time and money going to the appointment, just for him to tell you he can't help you. What exactly are they so worried about if you don't mind me asking? Hope you had fun at the party

Besha - Hi i know you from the other thread hope you are ok! And good luck

Booboo78 - Glad your AF came and you can get the ball rolling! Hope you had a good weekend

Sareeb77 - Thanks for the links! I'm going to check them out and sorry you session was a complete waste of time!

AFM, CD5 now, can't wait until I O, then i will know when my nurses orientation is!
    Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    FrancestheCat, that's terrible, you poor thing! I agree with others, at least you didn't waste an appt with that doctor....very frustrating though!!

Rara, it is crazy expensive!! I'm glad your scan went well & have a good size follicle. That would be amazing to fall naturally !!

KayzB, Happy Birthday !! I hope you enjoy & have a few drinks

Sareeb, thanks heaps for the links, they're great & I think I'll be using them a fair bit as this will be my first ivf cycle

I'm so sorry if I've left anyone else out. I'm on my phone & it's so difficult to see!! Hope everyone is well & having a good wk end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    From those who have done ivf cycles before, would you mind if I asked do you give up alcohol, reduce caffeine etc? And if so, when? I was just reading through the info that the clinic gave me & it suggests giving it all up now. I quite enjoy a glass of wine here & there especially after work I'm interested to see what others do & at what stage in the cycle. I was thinking maybe giving it all up in May but is that too late?

Also, does anyone change anything with their diet?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Graphic Pics Warning

Hi All,

Thank you for your kind words yesterday I had myself in a real tizz, and I was darn cross as well.

I was planning to change FS to Genea as I'm coming to the end of my IVF journey very soon. I've done 8 full stimms with Monash, two FS and was going to give 1 shot with Dr Bowman from there. My current FS from Monash is great Dr Nick.

What has happened with me, 3rd cycle they nicked my bowel spent 1 week in hospital. So to change things, I had a huge operation, to remove my tubes and endo all went well. Then the next year, I got extremely sick after EPU high temps ended up having a massive infection with a 16 cm/ 10 cm cyst in my ovary.
    That surgery did not go well, spent time in intensive care, and my incisoin opened up with more infection. Had to be kept open for 3 weeks with a bag to drain, then reclosed. It took me a long time to heal, this is what the old FS PL said, next time it could kill you or I end up with some very disabling condition like a permanent colostomy bag.

Warning graphic pics.

These are some of the photos of the incisoin, after the stitches removed and also the open wound as its nearly healed. Due to the large amount of scaring, it took nearly 3 months to heal up.

This is the mess they are so worried about happening again. So I've already have no large intestines, lost 1/2 metre of small bowel. I have no tubes, and lots and lots of scar tissue. Over that scar I have lots of old cuts etc. I also now have some heart issues as I've gotten very sick from these surgeries.

But I know the risks, if I have more surgery and IVF is my only way of ever being a family with DH. If another DR who has their family tells me to get over it, I will smack them stupid.

Happy Birthday Kayb I had more than a few drinks on Friday for you.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    From those who have done ivf cycles before, would you mind if I asked do you give up alcohol, reduce caffeine etc? And if so, when? I was just reading through the info that the clinic gave me & it suggests giving it all up now. I quite enjoy a glass of wine here & there especially after work I'm interested to see what others do & at what stage in the cycle. I was thinking maybe giving it all up in May but is that too late?

Also, does anyone change anything with their diet?

hi rocky. It depends on your approach to life i reckon. I drank a glass here and there, had coffee etc. All up to egg pick up. Had a brilliant rate of eggs and fertilization!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances fx everything goes well for you have you spoken with Dr Gareth Weston at Monash IVF?

Rocky I don't drink a lot of coffee or alcohol anyway but my theory is from first day of jabbing everything stops. I drink only water & 2-3 cups of peppermint tea. Really just depends on you my doctor said nothing will affect a baby until the embryo has attached & has a blood supply. I just think I'm going through all this & paying so much I need to give us the best shot I don't want to ever have the "but what if I hadn't done this or that".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rocky - Obviously i have no experience as this will be my first IVF too, but I have not had an alcoholic drink in a year. This was mainly because i was getting in a bad place and drinking too much due to being down about not being able to fall pregnant. So i thought best to cut it out completely! But nothing wrong with having a glass of wine here and there in my opinion! I am with Sareeb though, and i have cut out caffeine too, although i didn't drink much to begin with. But really, i dont think you have anything to be worried about! Speak to your FS Sorry i cant remember, where are you in your cycle? xxx

Francisthecat - Aww hugs you've been through so much! So did all this happen because your bowel was nicked? Did you get compensation? Sorry if that is a weird question, i am not sure whether that kind of thing is a known risk or negligence. So clueless on this kind of stuff! FX the next FS can help you xxxx