Closed Thread
Page 114 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1741
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Booboo78
    I'm feeling ok. No bloating yet, I get a bit achey if I over do it.
    I was a bit of an idiot tonight & forget to put my dose in. So put the needle in, realised I'd not done the dose, so had to re-stab lol
    Good practise for when I start Orgalutran next week lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124 - good luck with the BT tomorrow! Fingers crossed for you!
    @two mummies - CONGRATS!!!

Well today I went to a friend's (IVF) baby shower. There were several pregnant women there, and 2 babies. And then one of my friends, who I told "my pregnancy BT is next Saturday". She asks "are you stressed?" I say "yes" and I then get a lecture that its not good to be stressed and that I shouldnt get stressed. I said "well its hard not to be stressed when you go through so much to get here". Then she made some reference to how the doctor told me I would have trouble conceiving (with disdain in her voice - basically - what would they know). I said "we were very lucky to find out!". I got the distinct impression she is judging me for doing fertility treatment because it's "unnatural". Needless to say I came home and bawled my eyes out Now I dont want to see her until I'm pregnant because I can't handle negative comments about something that is so important to me and and also so difficult!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I'll update this afternoon on the all important hcg number! I think it needs to be at least 160 if it was 37 four days ago!
    @furbabymum - sorry your friend made you feel like that. Some people just have no idea. Only yesterday a friend of mine said that yes my DH has low count etc but she thought our infertility was caused by me being stressed (I've had a shocker of a year with deaths in my family) and that when I 'get over' that then it will happen naturally for us in the future. It came from a kind place but I hung up feeling like this was all my fault. So just know that everyone on here actually understands and there are always going to be 'friends' who don't understand the emotional and physical pressure we put ourselves through to finally have a baby of our own xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big congratulations @two mummies !!

Me 41 DH 44, both healthy, just running out of time
    Jan 13, egg freeze, 10 retrieved
    Jun 13 EPU plus fert of frozen eggs, 2 transferred, 3 frozen, BFN
    Aug 13, EPU 2 transferred, BFP, m/c due to downs
    Nov 13, EPU transfer cancelled, 2 more frosties
    Feb 14, first FET, 2 transferred, BFN
    April 14, EPU, transfer cancelled, 1 more frosty
    May 14, next FET .... Watch this space

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Two mummys  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kate124 View Post
    @Bongley - Thanks a lot you have given me some hope. Enough to get me through to Monday's BT anyway!
    Good luck today for your bt @kate124! Can't wait to hear its a BFP... I'm sitting here now waiting for mine which is just a formality really as it's all over red rover. Looking forward to getting on with the next one. Onward and upward

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kate124 View Post
    Thanks everyone I'll update this afternoon on the all important hcg number! I think it needs to be at least 160 if it was 37 four days ago!
    @furbabymum - sorry your friend made you feel like that. Some people just have no idea. Only yesterday a friend of mine said that yes my DH has low count etc but she thought our infertility was caused by me being stressed (I've had a shocker of a year with deaths in my family) and that when I 'get over' that then it will happen naturally for us in the future. It came from a kind place but I hung up feeling like this was all my fault. So just know that everyone on here actually understands and there are always going to be 'friends' who don't understand the emotional and physical pressure we put ourselves through to finally have a baby of our own xx
    Wow. Some people suffer badly from 'foot in mouth' disease. As if anybody else knows our bodies better than ourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @furbabymum That's awful, I'm sorry! Glasses, crutches and cancer treatment is also "unnatural"... far out, some people!
    @kate124 good luck!!!!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @kate124 hope those numbers have increased rapidly hun! xx

@leyshoja love your positive thinking hun. You're right, you still have 2 precious embies waiting for you, so focus on those lil ones now. Hope they will bring you much success & joy xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KayzB For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck today @kate124 ! Keep us posted.
    @furbabymum the whole 'relax and it will happen' line is just so fekking annoying and ignorant. I can forgive people from making a lot of stupid comments as they just usually don't really know what to say or advise (as if you need advice). As for it being 'unnatural', yeah right. Wait until you have a beautiful baby and see if she still says that. I'm proud science helped me to have my son and I mentioned he was an IVF success on facebook when he was born, (along with the number of injections I'd had to take )
    @leyshoja I'm sorry you didn't get your BFP this time I had a similar circumstance in that my friend offered to donate one of her eggs to me after I'd been through my first couple of rounds of IVF, the 4th round was to be my last with my eggs. It was an odd feeling that my best mate and my partner would be creating a baby in my body! And that her daughter would genetically be a half sibling to my child. Anyway, we didn't have to go down that road in the end but it was such a lovely thing for her to give me that hope.

Also, I was reading somewhere that the gestational mum of a donated egg actually does contribute changes to the foetus at a genetic level, through 'epigenetics' Maybe google it, it's quite fascinating.
    I don't think your friend would like that idea at all furbabymum

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (21-05-2014),JulieMalooley  (19-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KayzB, that's great that your FS is doing all different tests. I hope your DH is ok with the procedure & that they'll get it done soon for you.

Kate, good luck for today's bloods! I hope the numbers are increasing nicely & can't wait to read the good news!

Trishy, that's great there's been no side effects so far! Fingers crossed it stays that way for you. You will def find support on here!

Blossom, not long now until your blood test. I've been hoping that af stays away for you! I understand not wanting to test while you're away.

NvandMv, you poor thing, that sounds terrible. That's great that the nurses at A&E were all over it & lovely. I hope you're feeling a lot better now.

Vicki, that's a great result for your EPU! You poor thing, I hope you're also starting to feel better too.

Wishing, I hope the wait goes by fairly quickly for you. That's great you got a frostie too

TwoMummys, congrats! What great news! I love seeing the BFP's in here

Booboo, you poor thing, it's not fun when you bruise! I'm just thankful it's winter & can hide under jumpers, etc

Calstar, you poor thing forgetting to do the dose & having to jab twice. Very easy to do though.

Furbabymum, hugs. It's not fair when friends don't understand what you're going through & judge like that without knowing. I can't get over what a lot of my friends actually thought ivf was. They had no idea about EPU or the transfer procedures. I've also had my own sister of all people ask me if I was going to choose a boy or girl....Wtf? Others just have no idea I also don't like others who minimise things by saying, it mustn't be that bad, plenty do it..

Sorry if I've missed anyone again. I'm sure I have as I'm on my phone.

AFM, u have 2 more days worth of injections to go. Scan on Wed to see how things are going & hopefully EPU on Fri. It's all starting to happen this week

I started cramping quite noticeably last night & got a fair bit of bloating so hopefully that's a sign that things are happening.. It's strange because I don't know what to expect from EPU but at the same time am excited to have it done

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (21-05-2014),KayzB  (19-05-2014),nvandmv  (19-05-2014)