Closed Thread
Page 112 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1741
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
    @Bongley , wow!! Did you have the usual cramping too?

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    yeah I did, it was just like a normal crampy, heavy bleeding period only it was a day or two short. I don't know how the embie survived it. My mum said she was a month further gone than she thought with me so maybe it's something genetic.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishyy View Post
    Hi
    Im new to this site, Jus looking for some neural ground really. My partner and I are on our second IVF attempt, the first was in March with a BFN.
    This is day 5 of Gonal F. So far there seems to be little side effects this time even though we are on a higher dose of medication.
    Looking for anyone with some advise, perhaps anyone else in Adelaide also
    Thanks
    Trish
    Hi Trishyy, I'm in Adelaide too. Currently on our first cycle, today will be day 4 of puregon injections.
    Feeling ok so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja I am so sorry just read that
    Thanks for thinking of me @Fiona2. I've come to terms with it now, still a BFN today, so no hope at all for the BT tomorrow. I have another FET next month which will be my last go, I have 2 x 6 cell 3 day embies, which is not great, but not terrible either I suppose. Strangely enough, I've had 2 people offer to donate eggs in the last week ! Both people I don't know incredibly well, and both did so without any warning ! A friend of my dp, she is 35 but I think the distance she would have to travel would make it very inconvenient for her as she works full time, and would you believe - my ex-husbands girlfriend ?!?!? How weird would that be ! She's 38 and a nurse so knows exactly whats involved and is happy to drive the distance to my clinic. Despite the weirdness I'm actually thinking that's my fall back plan.. she's right on the verge though, 38 is not ideal. Ex hubby will think its hilarious saying his ex wife is pregnant with his girlfriends baby, and to be honest, I think its a bit of a novelty too. Anyway, at least I have a couple of options. Still debating whether to do another EPU after the next FET, except I only ended up with 1 fertilised emby last time, my cycles now cost around $5000 out of pocket (cos I need to do a EPU followed by FET due to my progesterone levels) and I'll be 42 by then. Aaaaah this stuff will be the death of me..
    As for everyone else, I have to apologise, I'm really struggling to keep up with this thread. I only check a couple of times a week and by then there is pages and pages and its a bit overwhelming. I hope everyone on the tww is holding in there and hopefully we'll see some more BFP's this week.
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 18-05-2014 at 09:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    yeah I did, it was just like a normal crampy, heavy bleeding period only it was a day or two short. I don't know how the embie survived it. My mum said she was a month further gone than she thought with me so maybe it's something genetic.
    @Bongley, I had that with my pregnancy last Aug and apparently its pretty common. You can get a clot near where the embryo implants and it will bleed or release every so often. its only a problem if its above the implanted emby apparently. I had huge bleeding during that pg and had things 'dropping' out of me into the toilet which gave me a heartattack as you can imagine, but they were just large clots of blood. Scary stuff. PS m/c was not related to that at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @Bongley and @nvandmv. I went and saw the clinic nurse this morning to take some blood. As an after thought, she took my temp and it was 38, which you don't get with OHSS. They'll do a full blood count and check for liver and kidney function. She suggested going to the gp to get my oxygen saturation tested, so I'm going to do that this arvo.

All I want to do is lay down, its the only thing that helps with the shortness of breath. You don't realise how easy breathing is until you have trouble! I'm just hoping it won't affect transfer, which is scheduled for Wed.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nightchild80 you're on pregnyl, have you used crinone before? how do they compare?

I have missed a few people sorry just trying to keep up! I am CD2 now and go in for monitoring on Mon 26th
    I'm on pregnyl booster shots on Day 5, 8 and 12 post-transfer. I also have to insert crinones (2 a day) and pessaries (1 a day). Because I had OHSS in my last STIM cycle, they've reduced the pregnyl booster shots from 1500iu to 700iu - still causes bloating, but nowhere near as bad. And definitely less messy than crinones and pessaries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VikkiB: Definitely sounds like OHSS. EPUs with more than 10 eggs run a higher risk of OHSS, so if you're scheduled to take stuff like Pregnyl booster shots after EPU, discuss with your doctor, because that will make it worse. Also try to up your protein intake - I ate smaller meals of steaks and tried to drink as much Sustagen (chocolate tastes better) as my stomach would allow me and found it helped.

@furbabymum: Hang in there! You're now one day closer to BT day.

@KayzB: Hope your DH's procedure goes well! I'm just hanging in there and took a followup BT after my Day 8 Pregnyl booster, but had to go to a different office to take it due to it being a Sunday. I asked the nurse for a heat pack, cuz I have some of the crappiest veins, but she scoffed at me and said she'd have a go first. I got soooooo angry (hormonal much?), cuz she then proceeded to try one arm and wriggled the needle under the skin in FOUR directions before giving up to switch to my other arm... which was already bruised from last week's BT. Had she given me a heat pack, she might not have failed at the first go. Now I'm going to bruise on BOTH arms, cuz she thinks she knows my body better than me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nightchild80 For This Useful Post:

furbabymum  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja glad to hear you have a back up plan! Keep going, do your best, you will know in your heart when enough is enough. We are here for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VikkiB View Post
    Hi girls, sorry I've been AWOL, its been too hard to keep up and I'm tying not to dwell on it too much. Congrats to @twomummys and @kate124!

I had my EPU yesterday, and was ecstatic to have 15 collected (13 successfully fertilised). But today I'm feeling like someone is sitting on my chest, and I feel short of breath. If I cough, my head hurts. I've never had this with my previous 4 stim cycles, though previous cycles I got 3/3/7/13 eggs at collection.

I called the on call Dr at my clinic and he said to take panadiene max and it should clear up in 48 hours. Has anyone else had this? @nvandmv, what did your doctors tell you? TIA!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Wow 13 fertilised - that's great! Which clinic are you with @VikkiB

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's official I'm pregnant 5weeks tomorrow.
    Had my blood test yesterday and fn call me last night.. to confirm.

Have another BT tomorrow then in 10 days our 1st scan.. )

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app