Closed Thread
Page 11 of 175 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rara1982 View Post
    After hours of insomnia last night, I finally fell asleep and dreamt that we found out we were pregnant this morning and didn't have to attend the appointment. How disappointing to wake up and find that it wasn't true!

(Almost as disappointing as the time I woke up dreaming I was chewing lollies only to discover it was very own earplug in my mouth - ugh! Hahaha)
    Lol @Rara1982 how delighted you must have been! Discovering the yummy goodness you were chewing was your earplug! lol
    And I'm sure you dream of becoming pregnant is one that will turn into reality hun, for all of us, sooner rather than later xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB when is your appt? I think I read somewhere that your going to be seeing lynn?!? She is awesome! I've always been with her- was lucky enough to see her at the mercy women's clinic (she used to volunteer there) when I first started getting checked out! I'm always amazed when I hear people starting without getting fully checked out! She did soooo many blood tests and biopsys etc. and all her staff are wonderful. Ps she gave me dd!! Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frogpossum View Post
    @KayzB when is your appt? I think I read somewhere that your going to be seeing lynn?!? She is awesome! I've always been with her- was lucky enough to see her at the mercy women's clinic (she used to volunteer there) when I first started getting checked out! I'm always amazed when I hear people starting without getting fully checked out! She did soooo many blood tests and biopsys etc. and all her staff are wonderful. Ps she have me dd!! Best of luck
    @frogpossum yep! I can't wait for my appointment, I've only heard such wonderful things about Lynn! Sounds so thorough compared to my old FS! My appointment is only end of May tho she has such a long wait. I'm on the cancellation list so hopefully something pops up sooner! I hope I get a wonderful result like you did with her xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frogpossum have you got an appointment with Lynn coming up hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    After my failed cycle last month I rang to make the next appt, they gave me the option seeing lynn or just having lynn send my new plan to fn. I opted for that- a part from the reason I trust lynn completely, I also saw her at transfer this time and had a quick chat about things so it worked out quicker for me. I know I can ring her if after seeing nurse on wed I have any concerns etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rara how funny lol I bet u spat it out quick once u realised what it was
    Kay is it your bd this w/e? Happy birthday, hope u have a good one

OIC gl for your BT today fx

At our clinic we had to attend 1 counselling session before starting, we are in Perth, other than that we are entitled to a free consult for every cycle.

Hi to everyone else
    Last edited by Booboo78; 11-04-2014 at 10:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay! First appointment done! I'm off for a pelvic ultrasound this afternoon and a bunch of bloods next week and the week after and then seeing him again at in 3 weeks to go over the results and get underway with our first iui cycle right after that (providing all these results come back positive like good sperm and unblocked Fallopian tubes etc). Getting my first taste of the expense associated with this exercise too... $400 for this morning and $350 this afternoon for the ultrasound. Lucky my darling mum has offered to pay for half of our treatment!

Is everyone else having a Good Friday?? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KayzB - I think it was you who asked.... in NSW you don't have to have any counselling or police checks at all to start fertility treatment. And I don't see why you should have to - no one else has to before they get knocked up. Talk about discrimination!

I've never been told to rest/lay down after transfer. I wasn't allowed to drive for 24 hours after EPU - but that was because I had a general anaesthetic. I certainly didn't feel like I needed to take extra time off work after EPU or ET. The only time I've had to lay down afterwards is due my TWW after each time I inserted my progesterone pessary.

My Friday is good. We were going to go to Family Fun in the Park, at Parramatta, tomorrow, but its supposed to rain a lot, so I think we'll skip that. Otherwise no plans. What about everyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VikkiB View Post
    @KayzB - I think it was you who asked.... in NSW you don't have to have any counselling or police checks at all to start fertility treatment. And I don't see why you should have to - no one else has to before they get knocked up. Talk about discrimination!

I've never been told to rest/lay down after transfer. I wasn't allowed to drive for 24 hours after EPU - but that was because I had a general anaesthetic. I certainly didn't feel like I needed to take extra time off work after EPU or ET. The only time I've had to lay down afterwards is due my TWW after each time I inserted my progesterone pessary.

My Friday is good. We were going to go to Family Fun in the Park, at Parramatta, tomorrow, but its supposed to rain a lot, so I think we'll skip that. Otherwise no plans. What about everyone else?
    @VikkiB I'm not sure why exactly they do the check. As in I don't think the outcome of the checks actually determines/prevents you from proceeding, so not sure what the purpose is.

You're very lucky, wish I was one of those people who didn't have any side effects. I had OHSS with my last cycle & I've never ever experienced such excruciating pain before. Def not looking forward to that again.
    Last edited by KayzB; 11-04-2014 at 17:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Booboo78 thanks for the wishes hun! And yep birthday is on Sunday xx

@Rara1982 unfortunately it only gets more expensive! Hope your scan went well hun xx