Closed Thread
Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1741
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KayzB View Post
    @Butterfly39 good to hear things are tracking along well!
    How many have you previously transferred? xx
    @Butterfly39, my clinic is absolutely adamant they will not transfer more than 2, but I have heard of people on these forums that have had more, so not sure why I can't convince mine to transfer more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry everyone I have fallen behind in this thread again, its so hard to keep up. I will read tonight, but in the meantime I'm starting to get stressed. Today is 12 dpo and still BFN, I know its early, but its not THAT early considering these tests are supposed to work 'up to' 5 days before AF.
    I'm thinking it will be a bfn again My last (and only) BFP was a very faint positive on 14dpo but that one was a dud (slow growth) from the start and until the m/c so I was thinking I should get a BFP earlier than that if its any good....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Calstar welcome We're the same, MFI and ICSI straight up. My DH had mumps as a child so the Dr thinks that is the cause. DH blames himself and feels guilty but I don't blame him at all, it's not as if he chose for this to happen! Just wanted to say I was on 150u of puregon with my first stim, I don't think the injections hurt at all, I did them myself and didn't feel any pain at all. Good luck with it. All the best.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nvandmv For This Useful Post:

Calstar  (15-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 I'll just transfer 1, my clinic is pretty dead set against 2 and I have faith they'll do a good job of freezing any other viable embryos. Not that there have ever been! I did try to have 2 transfered on my third cycle but my FS wouldn't do it due to risk of OHSS.

This is usually the best bit and its all rapidly downhill from here. I'm pretty pessimistic about what day 3 will bring but that's just my way of coping with disappointment I think. I don't like to get my hopes up.

Get boogying embies!

when is your transfer likely to be? Next week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja I can understand how you're feeling but there is still time for a BFP. Give it a few more days yet. I'm trying to remember if you have more frosties....?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Calstav and nvandmv: your stories sounds much like mine! Welcome, and hopefully we have lots of luck first time round

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @leyshoyja - you might not have had enough transfers to be considered 'poor prognosis' yet and therefore ok for transfer of 3 although I would have thought your age alone might qualify you.... My advice would be to read the ivf guidelines for number of embryos transferred for your state and things might seem a bit clearer.
    @Bongley - Totally understand the 'its all downhill from here' feeling... i always enjoy the first part and then when the progesterone starts it all turns to crap haha... I always worry about freezing embies incase they are wasted as only 80% survive the thaw, even vitrified embryos. And because in women over 40 only one in six are actually chromosomally normal, I prefer to transfer the maximum number, as it also saves money on having to otherwise do extra FETs, and also wastes less time overall. I can therefore get through more embryos for less time and cost and therefore find the euploid one faster. The evidence also shows that twin pregnancies are relatively uncommon in women over 40 for double embryo transfer using their own eggs, and even with twin pregnancies, they actually have less complications than in younger women. That's my thought process anyhow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @leyshoja I can understand how you're feeling but there is still time for a BFP. Give it a few more days yet. I'm trying to remember if you have more frosties....?
    Only 2 left then it's the end of the road. I think any more cycles after 42 could be a waste of money.

Me 41 DH 44, both healthy, just running out of time
    Jan 13, egg freeze, 10 retrieved
    Jun 13 EPU plus fert of frozen eggs, 2 transferred, 3 frozen, BFN
    Aug 13, EPU 2 transferred, BFP, m/c due to downs
    Nov 13, EPU transfer cancelled, 2 more frosties
    Feb 14, first FET, 2 transferred, BFN
    April 14, EPU, transfer cancelled, 1 more frosty
    May 14, next FET .... Watch this space

Thanks
    Reviews
    @leyshoja I see you had a loss at 9 weeks last year too. You have been through the wars haven't you? Fingers crossed for this embie and your two frosties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @leyshoja I see you had a loss at 9 weeks last year too. You have been through the wars haven't you? Fingers crossed for this embie and your two frosties.
    Thanks @Bongley, I found out later that it was due to Down's syndrome so I felt a lot better at least knowing there was a reason for it. I think it would be much harder to miscarry and never know why. This sounds terrible to say, but I almost got over it immediately when I found that out. I had a few weeks to grieve before the results came back, but when I was told that it was sort of like a relief because the problems were obviously so severe that if I had made it to term there would have been severe health problems or even early infant death. I turned it around in my mind and decided it was much better to have an early m\c than to lose a child. That helped me a lot.

Me 41 DH 44, both healthy, just running out of time
    Jan 13, egg freeze, 10 retrieved
    Jun 13 EPU plus fert of frozen eggs, 2 transferred, 3 frozen, BFN
    Aug 13, EPU 2 transferred, BFP, m/c due to downs
    Nov 13, EPU transfer cancelled, 2 more frosties
    Feb 14, first FET, 2 transferred, BFN
    April 14, EPU, transfer cancelled, 1 more frosty
    May 14, next FET .... Watch this space