+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a very fussy partner. He wont eat most vegetables. Wont eat left over food. Everything just HAS to have some sort of meat, so wont eat vegetarian meals if its just what I feel like at the time, so no salad. He also doesnt like fruit! Very frustrating at times. I find myself telling him to just try it you might like it every day.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, not fussy at all. I am trying to think of anything he won't eat... he even eats the kids rejects.

I am very lucky in that respect.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I think there's a difference between being fussy and not liking something.
    DH can be a little fussy I guess but so can I so it's ok. He doesn't like pumpkin but will have pumpkin soup! When he cooks mince he has to get all the lumps out, the mince has to be lump free! He will not eat any fish from a fish shop or frozen fish, he will only eat fresh fish he has caught himself!
    This is us sort of. We don't like eating beef, pork or lamb unless it's come from our paddock.
    We will eat it but it's not the same.
    I also despise eating steak from someone who cannot cook steak.
    My dad thinks he can cook steak and I'm like dude you've got no idea lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    No, not fussy at all. I am trying to think of anything he won't eat... he even eats the kids rejects.

I am very lucky in that respect.
    Lol yep that's DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH will eat anything, I'll eat anything except seafood & stupidly hot curries. I like spicy food. I also like chilli.. Except when DH cooks with it.

I have clients at work who "don't drink water, won't eat fruit or veg" I give them a diet plan & they say "but I don't eat tomatoes, any fruit, garlic, onions, yogurt, eggs or milk" I can't help but think sheesh what DO you eat?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    This is us sort of. We don't like eating beef, pork or lamb unless it's come from our paddock.
    We will eat it but it's not the same.
    I also despise eating steak from someone who cannot cook steak.
    My dad thinks he can cook steak and I'm like dude you've got no idea lol
    I am very fussy with steak. So many people don't know how to cook a steak properly so I avoid it unless I've cooked it, even dh let's me cook it because he loves my steak. My MIL is particularly bad at cooking steak, she doesn't know how to cook it but always blames the steak not being good enough quality lol.

We will only buy from the abbotoir up here, beef from the Kimberley only. Won't buy any shopping centre meat like from Coles or Woolies, when we visit Perth we will only buy from the same butcher.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 01-04-2014 at 11:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I side track this thread for a second (sorry).

I don't eat steak but dh loves it. Can anyone give me an almost fool proof way of cooking steak? And what cut should I get? He likes it med rare. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    Can I side track this thread for a second (sorry).

I don't eat steak but dh loves it. Can anyone give me an almost fool proof way of cooking steak? And what cut should I get? He likes it med rare. Thanks
    Once each side!! Cook for less than what you think. Steaks are almost always overlooked so always take off before you think it's ready.
    You can always pop it back on if it's to bloody, although it does continue to cook a little even our of the pan.
    But it does depend on the cut as to how you cook.

As for cuts. Go for grass fed eye fillet or rib eye, Or tenderloin.
    Or scotch fillet.
    Obviously the are more expensive but a much better cut.

Basically if it has the word "steak" in it, it's usually a poorer cut - chuck steak, blade steak, round steak etc. Not good for eating on it's own but good for casseroles

Tenderloin cooks very quickly so it's best just to sear it quickly on each side. It comes in sort of a log so you slice it up.
    Some people like t-bone but it can be tricky to cook because it consists of two cuts of meat plus of course the bone.
    It has a porterhouse and a tenderloin and they both need different times to cook - so that's best to grill with the tenderloin away from the main source of heat.
    Scotch I like to marinate and pan fry or BBQ

Don't buy into the whole angus thing - it's just a bunch of w*nk to make snobs feel like they are eating a "classier" meat. Lol

My FIL runs a cattle farm of which we live next door to and my SIL and BIL own a steak house in Perth.
    As you can imagine, we eat a lot of meat
    Last edited by lexim; 01-04-2014 at 12:17.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're both fussy tbh! DH would happily eat sandwiches or toasties for every me whereas I like to cook proper meals. He's fussy with veg though - if he can dish his own dinner up, he'll put some potato and maybe some beans or cauliflower on but that's it, but if I dish it up he'll eat what's on there. He's not a stir fry fan because they have "too many veggies". And he's not a big soup fan because he likes to chew lol. But I don't like eggs, seafood, coconut, the list goes on! And I'm very fussy with my meat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Make sure your BBQ is medium/hot, take your meat out of the fridge about 30 mins before cooking then rub a tiny bit of olive oil on each side ( will prevent sticking) season the meat with salt and pepper ( the salt helps form a crust) and a normal piece of scotch fillet ( about 300grams) I do 3 mins each side then rest it for 4 minutes ( resting is very important - just cover it with foil)
    I have not eaten meat for 25 years but DH says I can cook a perfect steak! ( agree with pp and we buy grass fed beef - usually scotch fillet/rib eye)
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 01-04-2014 at 12:24.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

My Beloved Ones  (01-04-2014)