+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default One year old sleep

I have a one year old who up until now had been a dream sleeper. She was in a pretty straightforward routine of two naps a day, then she dropped her arvo nap and that's when the issues began. I feel like she needs that arvo nap because by bedtime she is exhausted but she just screams and stands up in her cot if I try to put her down in the arvo. Now she's so overtired by bedtime that she screams and cries for an hour before finally falling asleep. I need your advice please, not sure how to handle this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She may be trying to transition to one sleep. Ds used to sleep 11-2pm (lunch or a good snack at 10.30), lunch/good snack when he woke and go out/walk late arvo. I would have 5pm dinner for him and bring bed time forward. Instead of 7pm bedtime made it 6/6.30 depending how beside himself he was.
    its an adjustment patch. Just keep being consistent and follow her lead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 14 month old has dropped his morning and arvo sleep, and instead has 10-1pm sleep and goes to bed at 6:30pm. It works really well for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fifteen month old dropped her afternoon and morning sleep about six weeks ago. She now sleeps from around 11am - 1-1:30pm, bed at 7pm. We still have our bad nights but as a general rule she's pretty good.