+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahjane914 View Post
    Forgot to mention that this will be for baby#1, Im 33 and fiancΓ© is 32. I have private health but am very confused about how it works and have made the call but am yet to get a call back with the answer. Not sure of the difference of going private vs public.
    Private health insurance will cover you while you are in hospital. It doesn't cover any expenses while you are pregnant. Any ob fees you pay you'll get a portion back from Medicare, but not much. There's a pregnancy management fee that obs charge around 24-28 weeks, which can be thousands. Mine was $2775 and Medicare paid $475 of this. I had to pay all scans, appointments, and a Paed to check bub in hospital. It's expensive but to me it was worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome Almai. That's good that you're getting everything out the way so you are set to start in Jan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Again thanks lil smurfy, wasnt sure how that side worked. I would think it would be worth the money, will make another call to my fund provider and get a few more questions answered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sarahjane914 personally if I were you, I would come off the pill ASAP. It can take months to get AF back and I wouldn't want the stress when you want to start trying and you don't know what your body is doing!
    In saying that, be careful (use other contraceptive measures) til you want to TTC as you can ov before you even get AF back properly

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @ponypal, totally get what your saying and that is my fear that it will take longer then what i think. So confusing! This conceiving/pregnancy caper is a lot more complicated then what i thought it would be

Thanks
    Reviews
    My AF was regular right when I stopped, and it still took 7 months to conceive. Hoping next time is much quicker

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its a tough one isn't it ladies! Alot of the time i think doctors just chuck you on the pill and don't even care if you have any underlying issues that we don't even realise we have until we come of the pill or start TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies it is very much the unknown when to come off the pill, I think there is really no rule. All our bodies are different with many factors playing a part as to how quickly each one conceives. With our DD1 she was a lovely honeymoon surprise that came while I was on the pill and had been consistently for 10yrs +. Then 2 1/2 years later we had DD2 and conceived very quickly by coming off the pill one month and pregnant the next. Now with DD3 we have decided to come off the pill & use other forms of contraception before TTC in January. Giving the body a mini break from it as I have regular cycles either way but I am worried we may take longer to conceive this time due to me now being nearly 34. I shouldn't be like that I guess but I am probably reading too many forums . Haha. Don't get me wrong I don't think I am old by any means, just the whole topic of fertility on the decline from 35 seems to be everywhere eeeek!!! Any thought ladies or am I just rambling??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, we would go public. I have had a look at the birth centre website, I guess with that vs hospital I will have to have a tour and see. I have just come off the pill and AF is here already after 4 days...yay? Haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, hope everyone is well.

We have decided to go off the pill next month, so i have three more weeks on the pill, a month off and then start trying!!! Exciting times!!

Will anyone be using maybe baby or something similar? Not to sure if i should try using any ovulating tools or just wing it?