Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Of course @emmahlee19 welcome
    What questions and worries do you have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    where to start? I am finding it all very overwhelming and google does not help haha.
    First is OB v's GP/midwife? From what I can tell you get a choice in if you want an OB or not? Things a must for pregnancy...when should you start looking at hospitals? Very early in the pregnancy or into the second trimester?
    Just a few to start with...

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is so much to think of isn't there!
    Im not sure what it is like in Canberra, but here in Perth Obs seem to get booked out very quickly and with most of them, you need to book into as soon as you find out you are pregnant. I have been researching like mad, as we are going Private and narrowing down our choices of private Obs. That way its an easier, quicker decision when we get our BFP.

Have you got private health insurance with maternity? Maybe start a topic on here asking people about hospitals and Obs in your area as a starting point?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I decided before I fell pregnant with DD, that I wanted to go private. I went through BUPA's website and picked an ob from there. I went to the gp the day I missed my period, got my ob referral, and booked my first ob appointment that day, for around 7 weeks pregnant. They do book out quickly.

Going private, we were out of pocket $3400, so something else to think about.

Going public, I think you just get referral from gp for public hospital and have appointments with midwives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by emmahlee19 View Post
    Hi everyone, mind if I join in?
    Partner and I have decided to try for bub#1.
    I have so many questions and worries, does anyone happen to be in Canberra?
    I have started taking natures own pregnancy/BF vitamin tablet.
    Thanks!
    Hi! I'm not currently planning to TTC in 2015 but you never know! However, being from Canberra I thought I could help.

If you want to either go private or go through the public birth centre, you will need to book in ASAP. The day you get your BFP if possible! I went private with my two and loved it, I've had friends go through the birth centre and loved it, just depends on what kind of care you are after. If you're planning on just going to one of the public hospitals (ie not the birth centre) you definitely don't need to book in early, just go to your GP and go from there

Me, he and our two boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Hope it's ok for me to join, my fiancé and I are planning on trying Nov/Dec of this year. I have just started taking conceive well gold however not planning to go off the pill until sep, i have AF now and am debating if i just stop now?? Just dont know how long it will take my body to go back to normal cycles after 10 years on the pill. And I know it sounds ridiculous but I would like to have our baby after the first of July 2015 just in case the new mat leave comes in, it will just mean I will be less stressed about money (have not been without my own wage and it kind of scares me a little). Anyway I'm super excited and cant wait! Hopefully it doesn't take too long!

Thats my rant over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome SarahJane

That's a tough one. Some people fall pregnant first month off the pill and others take a while for cycles to settle. I had been on the pill for 9 years. My cycles returned to a regar 24 day cycle straightaway.

If you're happy to risk falling pregnant straightaway, stop the pill now. If you definitely do t want bub to arrive before July, could be worth waiting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to mention that this will be for baby#1, Im 33 and fiancé is 32. I have private health but am very confused about how it works and have made the call but am yet to get a call back with the answer. Not sure of the difference of going private vs public.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope it's ok to join in too!?!
    My dp and I will be trying for baby #2 in January 2015! We have started the ball rolling with our fertility clinic so all the tests and appointments are out of the way by jan and we can just get started
    Sooo excited!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Lil Smurfy, I think I might wait till September just to be safe.